AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- How many states implemented tele-medicine services named ‘eSanjeevani’ (as on September 2020)?
The Central Government has shown its efforts in giving a digital push in the health sector by initiating two types of telemedicine services viz. Doctor-to-Doctor (eSanjeevani) and Patient-to-Doctor (eSanjeevani OPD) Tele-consultations in 2019. Since then the tele-consultation by ‘eSanjeevani’ has been implemented by 23 states (which covers 75% of the population) and other states are in the process of rolling it out. The Doctor-to-Doctor (eSanjeevani) is being implemented under the Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centre (AB-HWCs) programme. It is planned to implement tele-consultation in all the 1.5 lakh Health and Wellness Centres in a ‘Hub and Spoke’ model, by December 2022.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated and launched 7 projects related to Urban Infrastructure in which state (September 2020)?
5) Arunachal Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated & Laid Foundation Stone for Seven Projects related to Urban Infrastructure in the state of Bihar through video conference. The total cost of the projects is Rs 541 Crores. Out of the 7 projects, 4 are related to water supply, two for Sewerage treatment and 1 for Riverfront Development. The projects will be implemented by Bihar Urban Infrastructure Development Corporation (BUIDCO), under Urban Development and Housing Department of Bihar.
- Which is 1st power distribution company in India to adopt e-office system?
1) Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company
2) JSW Energy Distribution Company
3) Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company
4) REC Power Distribution Company
5) None of the Above
Answer-3) Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company
Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company (central discom) has become the first power distribution company in the country to adopt e-office system. It is effectively being run in corporate office, offices of regional chief general manager and circles. The company has been e-filing and doing correspondence through NIC e-office system from 27 July. The e-office system has been running for the last one-and-a-half months.
- Which among the following countries were elected as the Members of the United Nations (UN) Commission on Status of Women in September 2020?
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
India & Afghanistan were elected as Members of the United Nations (UN) Commission on Status of Women, a body of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). The Commission on the Status of Women is a UN organ promoting gender equality and the empowerment of women. India (38 votes) and Afghanistan (39) won the ballot among the 54 members, India’s Permanent Representative to the UN, T S Tirumurti announced the election of India to the Committee. India will be a member of the UN’s Commission on Status of Women for four years from 2021-2025.
- The 2nd Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB) report titled “A World in Disorder” was released recently. The GPMB is the arm of which organisation?
1) World Bank
2) World Health Organization
3) International Monetary Fund
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
In accordance with the 2nd Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB) report titled “A World in Disorder” released on September 14, 2020, the world will take 500 years to spend on preparing for pandemics due to the loss driven by the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The report called for responsible leadership, engaged citizenship, strong and agile systems for health security, sustained investment and robust global governance for preparedness in order to prevent the next pandemic. The GPMB is the joint arm of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Bank.
- The Central government has increased the scholarship amount under ‘Pragati’ and ‘Saksham’ scholarship schemes for students of which state/UT?
2) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-2) Jammu & Kashmir
The Government of India announced an increase in Scholarship amount for the students of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) under the ‘Pragati’ and ‘Saksham’ Scholarship Schemes. The amount has been raised from Rs. 5, 000 Per Annum to Rs. 50, 000 Per Annum from the Current Academic Year (2020-21). The Ministry of Education (formerly known as Union Ministry of Human Resource Development) launched the schemes. It is being implemented and offered by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to provide financial assistance for advancement of girls and supporting especially abled students for Technical Education.
- The horticulture department of which state/UT has launched “Backyard Horticulture” Programme under CAPEX scheme to promote organic fruit production?
1) Uttar Pradesh
4) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-4) Jammu & Kashmir
The Horticulture Department of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) launched “Backyard Horticulture” Programme under CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) scheme at Panchyat Jaswan in Marh Block of Jammu district. The main aim of the programme is to promote organic fruit production for home consumption and for fulfilling individual requirements.
- SBI general insurance company has signed corporate agency agreement with which bank?
1) IndusInd Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) YES Bank
Answer-5) YES Bank
SBI General Insurance Company Ltd and YES Bank signed a corporate agency agreement to distribute the products of SBI General Insurance to the customers of YES bank across India (28 states and 8 Union Territories) The signed agreement was exchanged between Rajan Pental, Global Head- Retail Banking of YES Bank and Amar Joshi, Chief Business Officer of SBI General Insurance.
- According to RBI’s financial stability report July 2020, the Gross Non Performing Assets (GNPA) ratio of SCBs may increase to ______ by March 2021.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued circular advising banks to switch to automatic identification of non-performing assets (NPAs), using appropriate IT (information technology) systems, from manual identification for regulatory reporting and bank’s own management information system (MIS) requirements. However, over this period of time, the processes for NPA identification, income recognition, provisioning and generation of related returns in many banks are not yet fully automated. Concerning this, on September 14, 2020, RBI issued a notification mandating banks to complete the automation of bad-loan recognition and provisioning processes by June 30, 2021. In case of non-compliance, suitable supervisory action would be initiated against the concerned bank. According to the Financial Stability Report released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on July 2020, the Central Bank predicts that the Gross Non Performing Assets (GNPA) ratio of all scheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs) may increase from 8.5 per cent in March 2020 to 12.5 per cent by March 2021.
- India’s GDP to contract by ______ in FY21 as per the estimation of Asian Development Bank (ADB).
In accordance with the “Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2020 Update-September 2020” by Asian Development Bank (ADB), India’s GDP (gross domestic product) growth will contract 9% in FY2020-2021 due to COVID-19 induced slowed economic activity. On the other hand, it forecasted a strong recovery with GDP to grow by 8% in FY2021-22 as mobility and business activities resume more widely.
- EDF group signed MoU with International Institute of Nuclear Energy (I2EN) and Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI) to set up a centre of excellence in the civil nuclear sector in Maharashtra. The EDF group is based on which country?
In order to conduct a pre-feasibility study to set up a centre of excellence in the civil nuclear sector in Maharashtra, Electricite de France (EDF), The International Institute of Nuclear Energy (I2EN) and Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI) has signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU).
- Which state government has signed MoU with Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to develop MSME ecosystem (September 2020)?
The Government of Rajasthan signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to develop its micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) ecosystem. Archana Singh on behalf of the Department of Industries and General Manager Balbir Singh on behalf of SIDBI signed the MoU.
- Rajesh Khullar has been appointed as the Executive Director of which organization?
1) World Bank (WB)
2) International Labour Organization (ILO)
3) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
4) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
5) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Answer-1) World Bank (WB)
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the appointment of Rajesh Khullar as the Executive Director of World Bank and Sameer Kumar Khare as Executive Director of Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Great Learning (September 2020)?
1) KL Rahul
2) Virat Kohli
3) MS Dhoni
4) Anil Kumble
5) Rahul Dravid
Answer-2) Virat Kohli
Great Learning, an Ed-tech company for professional and higher education, has appointed Virat Kohli, Indian cricket team captain as its brand ambassador. Virat Kohli will lead ‘Power Ahead’ campaign, the latest one of the brand. Great Learning will launch a multi-film campaign with Virat Kohli during the upcoming Dream 11 IPL, where the brand is an associate sponsor on Disney + Hotstar.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Paytm first games.
1) Rani Rampal
2) Mithali Raj
3) Abhinav Bindra
4) Bhaichung Bhutia
5) Sachin Tendulkar
Answer-5) Sachin Tendulkar
Paytm First Games (PFG), a subsidiary of digital financial service platform Paytm, has roped in legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar of India as its brand Ambassador. Sachin Tendulkar will create awareness about the genre of fantasy sports (sporting events played virtually) in India and will also promote and generate excitement around all sports including kabaddi, football, and basketball. Paytm is the official umpire partner for IPL till 2022 and has been the title sponsor for Indian cricket.
- Name the person who has been honored with Euromoney’s Lifetime Achievement Award 2020.
1) Rana Kapoor
2) Aditya Puri
3) Shikha Sharma
4) Sashidhar Jagadishan
5) None of the Above
Answer-2) Aditya Puri
Euromoney, the global finance and banking magazine’s Awards for Excellence 2020 honoured Aditya Puri, Managing Director(MD) of HDFC Bank with a Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. This is a first of its kind recognition for a corporate leader from India.
- The Astronomers at UK based Cardiff University has found ‘Phosphine’ on the clouds of which planet (published on Nature Astronomy)?
A team of scientists announced the discovery of Phosphine, a rare molecule which provides a possibility of microbial life in the clouds of the Venus. Professor Jane Greaves, Cardiff University, United Kingdom was the lead author of a report published in Nature Astronomy.
- Which country has launched 9 satellites belonged to the Jilin-1 Gaofen 03-1 group recently?
2) Hong Kong
China Successfully launched a solid-propellant carrier rocket from a ship in the Yellow Sea, China. It sent 9 satellites into the planned Orbit, and is the Second such Sea-based Launch Mission. The 9 satellites belonged to the Jilin-1 Gaofen 03-1 group, and were launched using Long March 11-HY2(China’s first sea-launched rocket), the 10th member of the Long March 11 family. It was the 346th Launch using the Long March Rocket Series. The Satellites have been developed by Chang Guang Satellite Technology Company Ltd. Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center conducted the Mission.
- National Engineers Day was observed every year on September 15 to commemorate the birth anniversary of whom?
1) E. Sreedharan
2) Satish Dhawan
4) Verghese Kurien
5) APJ Abdul Kalam
National Engineers Day is annually celebrated across India on 15th September to pay tribute to India’s legendary dam builder and eminent engineer, Bharat Ratna Sir MV Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, who was born on 15th September 1861 in Muddenahalli, Karnataka. The Engineer’s day was first observed in 1967 and 15th September 2020 marks the 53rd National Engineers Day.
- When was the International day of democracy observed annually?
1) November 19
2) October 10
3) September 15
4) July 22
5) August 26
Answer-3) September 15
The International Day of Democracy is observed around the world annually on 15th of September, since 2007. The day is observed around the world to promote and uphold democratic principles, to respect human rights, inclusiveness, accountability, and transparency. It was established through a resolution passed by the United Nations (UN) General Assembly in 2007, encouraging governments to strengthen and consolidate democracy.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Valmiki National Park is located at which state?
1) West Bengal
Valmiki National Park, Tiger Reserve and Wildlife Sanctuary is located at the India-Nepal border in the West Champaran district of Bihar, India on the bank of river Gandak. It is the only National park in Bihar.
- Who is the present MD&CEO of SBI General Insurance company?
1) Prakash Chandra Kandpal
2) Pushan Mahapatra
3) Devesh Srivastava
4) V Ramasamy
5) A K Das
Answer-1) Prakash Chandra Kandpal
Prakash Chandra Kandpal is the present MD&CEO of SBI General Insurance Company.
- Kalraj Mishra is the governor of which state?
Kalraj Mishra is the present governor of Rajasthan.
- Pantanal region, the largest tropical wetland in the world is located at which country?
The Pantanal region is the largest tropical wetland in the world, located mostly within Brazil, but also extending into Bolivia and Paraguay. The ‘Pantanal Conservation Area’ natural World Heritage site, part of the larger Pantanal Biosphere Reserve, covers a considerable section of the Brazilian Pantanal with particularly high ecological importance. These areas protect numerous threatened species, such as a significant jaguar population, the giant armadillo, giant anteater, giant otter, marsh deer and the hyacinth macaw, the largest species of parrot.
- Where is the headquarters of Paytm located?
5) New Delhi
The Headquarters of Paytm is located at Noida, Uttar Pradesh.