AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 November 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Who launched the 14th edition of Cyber Security ‘c0c0n’ (in Nov’21) to review the challenges facing the digital world during the COVID period?
1) Bipin Rawat
2) Karambir singh
3) Vivek Ram Chaudhari
4) M M Naravane
5) Ravneet SinghAnswer-1) Bipin Rawat
The 14th edition of Cyber Security ‘c0c0n’, an annual Hacking and Cyber Security Briefing, was inaugurated by Chief of Defense Staff General Bipin Rawat with the theme ‘Improvise, Adapt and Overcome’.
i.The conference was conducted by the Kerala police in association with two Non-Profit organisations, Society for the Policing of Cyberspace (POLCYB) & Information Security Research Association (ISRA).
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the COP26 that was held in Glasgow, United Kingdom?
A) Qatar was chosen to host the upcoming session of the conference COP27 in 2022 and India was chosen to host cop28 in 2023.
B) India launched a web portal on Climate Change named ‘E-Amrit’ at the COP26 Summit & the web portal was developed and hosted by IIT Kanpur.
C) Rameshwar Prasad Gupta, Secretary, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change launched ‘COP26 Charter of Actions’, which was prepared by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-3) Only C
Egypt was chosen to host the upcoming session of the conference COP27 in 2022 and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) was chosen to host cop28 in 2023.
• India launched a web portal on electric vehicles (EVs) named ‘E-Amrit’ at the COP26 Summit & the web portal was developed and hosted by NITI Aayog under the UK government.
• Rameshwar Prasad Gupta, Secretary, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MOEFCC), launched ‘COP26 Charter of Actions’, which was prepared by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
- Which Indian State won “The Inspiring Regional Leadership” award of Under2 Coalition held in the COP26 summit?
2) West Bengal
5) MaharashtraAnswer-5) Maharashtra
Maharashtra became the only state in India to win the Inspiring Regional Leadership award at the inaugural leadership awards of the Under2 Coalition held on the sidelines of the COP26 summit.
A previously unnamed, 100 km long glacier in West Antarctica has been formally named Glasgow Glacier.
- Who won the 2021 KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize along with ‘Nav Agarwal’ for their contribution to tackle pollution from household waste?
1) Neha Gupta
2) Om Prakash Gurjar
3) Abraham M. Keita
5) Sadat RahmanAnswer-4) Vihaan
Vihaan and Nav Agarwal, Two Indian teenage brothers have won the 2021 KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize to tackle pollution from household waste to achieve the goal of ‘Zero Waste India’.
- In november 2021, SpaceX launched _____________ Starlink Satellites on a Falcon 9 rocket from Florida, United States.
5) 142Answer-1) 53
SpaceX launched 53 Starlink satellites on a Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida, United States.
Spacex launched a crew-3 mission carrying 4 astronauts to the International Space Station (ISS), to conduct new and exciting scientific research in areas. Nasa’s raja chari (indian origin) was one of the crew members.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to T20 World Cup 2021?
A) Australia won the 2021 International Cricket Council (ICC) T20 World Cup tournament that was held at UAE.
B) David Warner was awarded as the Player of the Match & recorded the fastest fifty in ICC Men’s T20 World Cup finals.
C) “Live the Game”, the official anthem for Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 was released by ICC.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & CAnswer-5) Only A & C
Australia defeated New Zealand in the finals of the 2021 International Cricket Council (ICC) T20 World Cup tournament that was held at Dubai International Stadium, UAE.
• Player of the Match – Mitchell Marsh for his 77-run knock in the finals Mitchell Marsh recorded the fastest fifty in ICC Men’s T20 World Cup final’s history, by reaching the 50-runs mark in just 31 balls.
• ICC released the official anthem for Men’s T20 World Cup 2021, called “Live the Game”, which was composed by renowned Indian Music Director ‘Amit Trivedi’.
- ____________ was appointed (in Nov’21) as the Head Coach of India’s Senior Men’s Team & ____________ became the new Captain of India in the T20 format.
1) Virender Sehwag; KL Rahul
2) Rahul Dravid; Rohit Sharma
3) Rahul Dravid; Ravichandran Ashwin
4) Virender Sehwag; Ravindra Jadeja
5) Anil Kumble; KL RahulAnswer-2) Rahul Dravid; Rohit Sharma
Former Indian Captain, Rahul Dravid was appointed as the Head Coach of India’s Senior Men’s Team, by the Cricket Advisory Committee.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) appoints Rohit Sharma as India’s Captain in the T20 format. Virat Kohli relinquished his T20 captaincy for India.
- What is the theme of the 2021’s World Diabetes Day?
1) Diabetes: Nurses make the difference
2) Family and Diabetes
3) Access to Diabetes Care
4) Eyes on Diabetes
5) Women and diabetes ‒ our right to a healthy futureAnswer-3) Access to Diabetes Care
World Diabetes Day is celebrated annually on 14th November, to raise awareness of diabetes with the theme ‘Access to Diabetes Care’ for 2021-2023.
- Janjatiya Gaurav Divas (or) Tribal Pride Day is observed across India on _____________ & the day marks the birth anniversary of Birsa Munda.
1) 10th November
2) 9th November
3) 13th November
4) 7th November
5) 15th NovemberAnswer-5) 15th November
India observed the first ever Janjatiya Gaurav Divas (Tribal Pride Day) on 15th November 2021. The day marks the birth anniversary of Amar Shaheed Bhagwan Birsa Munda (Birsa Munda), a tribal leader who fought against British rule in India.
- What is the State Butterfly of Arunachal Pradesh (as of Nov’21)?
1) Great Jay
2) Caprona agama
4) Yellow Gorgon
5) Ailed RedbreastAnswer-3) Kaiser-e-Hind
A rare butterfly species named Kaiser-e-Hind (Teinopalpus imperialis), was chosen as the State Butterfly of Arunachal Pradesh.
• The ‘Kaiser-e-Hind’ which means ‘Emperor of India’. This butterfly has a wingspan of 90-120mm. It is mainly found in 6 Northeastern states of India along the Eastern Himalayas.