AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Phool Dei festival was celebrated in which among the following Indian state?
5) Uttar Pradesh
Uttarakhand Chief Minister (CM) Trivendra Singh Rawat celebrated the traditional harvest festival “Phool Dei”. The festival also showcases the inner bonding between the communities who all are residing in the hills.
- The Government amended Essential Commodities Act, 1955 to declare which among the following products as essential commodities upto June 30, 2020.
1) 2ply & 3 ply surgical masks
2) N95 masks
3) Hand Sanitisers
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
The government amended Essential Commodities (EC) Act, 1955 to declare 2 ply & 3 ply surgical masks, N95 masks & hand sanitizers as Essential Commodities up to 30th June, 2020 to ensure that these products are available in the market at the right price given the outbreak of coronavirus & also has a measure to manage it.
- The RBI has revised the exposure limit for Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs) of Tier-I capital to a group of borrowers from 40% to _____%.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has revised exposure limits for urban cooperative banks (UCBs) of tier-1 capital to a single borrower to 15% and a group of borrowers to 25%. The revised exposure limits shall be applicable to all types of fresh exposures taken by UCBs. The RBI had earlier permitted UCBs to have exposures up to 15% and 40% of their capital funds to a single borrower and a group of borrowers, respectively.
- The RBI has increased the overall Priority Sector Lending (PSL) target for Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs) from 40% of Adjusted Net Bank Credit (ANBC) to ___% of ANBC.
RBI has revised the priority sector lending (PSL) target for UCBs from 40% to 75% of the adjusted net bank credit (ANBC), or credit equivalent amount of off-balance sheet exposure (CEOBSE). These norms will also have to be fulfilled by 31 March 2024.
- Name the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF), which signed MoU with Aditya Mehta Foundation to train its specially-abled troops in the areas of cyber security and AI.
1) Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
2) Border Security Force (BSF)
3) Assam Rifles (AR)
4) National Security Guard (NSG)
5) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
Answer-1) Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), India’s largest Central Armed Police Force, has signed an MoU with Aditya Mehta Foundation (AMF), a non-profit organization which aids people with disabilities to pursue sports, to train its 189 CRPF personnel who had lost their limbs in operations in areas of cyber security, artificial intelligence (AI) and Paralympic sports.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the officiating Chairperson of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) in March 2020.
1) Krishnamurthy Subramanian
2) Sudhakar Shukla
3) Bansi Lal Bhat
4) S.J. Mukhopadhaya
5) M.S. Sahoo
Answer-3) Bansi Lal Bhat
According to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India (GoI), Justice (Retd.) Bansi Lal Bhat has been appointed as the officiating Chairperson of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) for a period of 3 months with effect from March 15, 2020 or until a regular Chairperson is appointed, whichever is earlier. The first Chairperson of NCLAT, Justice SJ Mukhopadhaya has retired on March 13,2020.
- Who among following has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Tata Power.
1) Rishab Pant
2) KL Rahul
3) Hardik Pandya
4) Shardul Thakur
5) Navdeep Saini
Answer-4) Shardul Thakur
Indian cricketer Shardul Thakur appointed as the brand ambassador of Tata Power, the largest power generation company in India which aims to provide uninterrupted power supply from its various plants located across India. This is his 1st major commercial endorsement & the campaign featuring him does have a significant presence in digital, radio & outdoors.
- In association with which bank the HIL (India) Limited (CPSE under Ministry of Chemical & Fertilizers) launched the Customer Payment Portal?
1) Allahabad Bank
2) Bank of Baroda
3) Canara Bank
4) Andhra Bank
5) Union Bank of India
Answer-5) Union Bank of India
HIL (India) Limited, Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, in association with Union Bank of India launched Customer Payment Portal in New Delhi to collect the payment from the customers through various online modes for fast & smooth collection of dues. It is introduced to speed up the Government’s vision of ‘Digital India’.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Headquarters of HIL (India) Limited is located at which Indian city?
- Under which Act the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) was constituted?
Answer-Companies Act, 2013
National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) was constituted under Section 410 of the Companies Act, 2013 for hearing appeals against the orders of National Company Law Tribunal(s) (NCLT), with effect from 1st June, 2016.
- Who is the first Chairperson of NCLAT?
- Baby Rani Maurya is the Governor of which Indian state (March 2020).
- The Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs) are established under which act?
Answer-Banking Regulation Act, 1949
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]