AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which ministry released the ‘PRAGYATA’ Guidelines on Digital Education (July 2020)?
1) Human Resource Development Ministry
2) Sports Ministry
3) Finance Ministry
4) Commerce Ministry
5) Food Processing Industries MinistryAnswer-1) Human Resource Development Ministry
Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Union Minister of Human Resource Development (MoHRD) released the PRAGYATA Guidelines on Digital Education, over a virtual platform from Delhi in the presence of Sanjay Dhotre, Minister of State HRD. The guidelines were prepared by the Department of School Education & Literacy of the Ministry of HRD.
- Name the ministry which is planning to link the mining plan portal with Environment Ministry’s PARIVESH website.
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Human Resource Development
3) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
4) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
5) Ministry of CoalAnswer-5) Ministry of Coal
The ministry of coal is planning to link the mining plan portal with PARIVESH website, a single-window hub for online submission, monitoring, and management of proposals submitted to the Environment Ministry by project proponents to seek various types of environment clearances (EC). This announcement was made by Coal Secretary Anil Kumar Jain during a stakeholder consultation on auction of coal mines for commercial mining organized by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- Indian railways’ 1st cable-stayed rail bridge ‘AnjiKhad bridge’ is located in which state/UT?
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Jammu & Kashmir
5) MaharashtraAnswer-4) Jammu & Kashmir
The Minister of Railways, Piyush Vedprakash Goyal, has announced that the India’s first cable-stayed Indian Railways bridge namely “AnjiKhad Bridge” being developed by Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL), a Government of India undertaking, is all set to connect Katra and Reasi in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K). The Bridge crosses the Chenab River. The cable-stayed railway bridge is a part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail Link (USBRL) project, which passes through the Young Himalayas.Notably, the USBRL project also involves the Chenab river bridge. The Chenab Bridge once completed, will become the world’s highest rail bridge.
- Find the state which planned to upgrade Poba reserve forest into Wildlife sanctuary?
5) GoaAnswer-2) Assam
The Chief Minister (CM) of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal has announced the upgradation of Poba Reserve Forest, a vital biodiversity hotspot in Dhemaji district of Assam, as a wildlife sanctuary. The announcement was made during a meeting with senior officials of Lakhimpur, Dhemaji and Majuli districts at Jonai.
- Which among the following countries joined with Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and co-hosted“On the road to the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables 2021”, a side event of 2020 High-level Political forum?
1) Poland & Germany
2) Poland & Chile
3) Netherlands & Germany
4) India & Germany
5) India & ChileAnswer-5) India & Chile
India partnered with Chile & Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO) of the United Nations(UN) co-hosted the “On the road to the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables 2021: Highlighting health and nutritional benefits through sustainable production and consumption of fruits and vegetables”, side event of 2020 High-level Political forum. Chile had championed to declare the year 2021 as an International Year of Fruits and Vegetables’ by UN General Assembly in 2019.
- NABARD disbursed Rs 221.89 crore to support 298 watershed projects in which state?
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-4) Karnataka
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has disbursed Rs 2.51 crore of grant assistance to Self Help Groups (SHGs) for promotion, skill development and digitization of records in Karnataka. This funding is a part of eShakti or Digitization of SHGs an initiative of Micro Credit and Innovations Department (mCID) of NABARD.Also, in Karnataka, NABARD has extended a grant assistance of Rs 221.89 crore to support 298 watershed projects in over three lakh hectares benefitting 66,500 families.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) launched tool for banks and post offices to ascertain TDS applicability rates on cash withdrawals. The TDS applicability rates on cash withdrawals of above _______ in case of a non-filer of the income-tax return.
1) Rs. 10 Lakh
2) Rs. 20 Lakh
3) Rs. 5 Lakh
4) Rs. 1 Lakh
5) Rs. 15 LakhAnswer-2) Rs. 20 Lakh
A new functionality of Income Tax Department namely “Verification of applicability u/s 194N” which is available on www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in since July 1, 2020 has now made accessible for banks, co-operative societies, and post offices through web-services by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). This feature will enable banks and post offices to ascertain the TDS (Tax deduction at source) applicability rates on cash withdrawals of above Rs 20 lakh in case of a non-filer of the income-tax return (ITR) and that of above Rs 1 crore in case of a filer of the ITR.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) signed MoU with which PSU for co-operation in civil aviation industry?
1) Coal India Limited
2) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
3) Bharat Electronics Limited
4) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
5) Indian Oil Corporation LimitedAnswer-3) Bharat Electronics Limited
Airports Authority of India(AAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) through video conferencing to collaborate and support the emerging global opportunities in the airport business, including those in the Asia Pacific region. The MoU is likely to boost the civil aviation industry.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the new vice-president of Asian Development Bank (ADB).
1) Ashok Lavasa
2) Anil Kishora
3) Gita Gopinath
4) Nirmala Sitharaman
5) Diwakar GuptaAnswer-1) Ashok Lavasa
The Asian Development Bank(ADB) has appointed Ashok Lavasa as its Vice-President for Private Sector Operations and Public–Private Partnerships, who is currently serving as one of the Election Commissioners of India(since January 2018). He will succeed Diwakar Gupta, whose term will end on 31 August, 2020.
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of SportsAdda?
1) Virat Kohli
2) Brett Lee
3) Chris Gayle
4) Jonty Rhodes
5) Sachin TendulkarAnswer-2) Brett Lee
SportsAdda, news and information website for Cricket, Football and Kabaddi announced that they signed Former Australian cricketer Brett Lee as its Brand ambassador.
- Who has been chosen for the USIBC Global Leadership Award 2020?
1) N Chandrasekaran
2) Jim Taiclet
3) Mukesh Ambani
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Tata group chairman, Natarajan(N) Chandrasekaran and Jim Taiclet, Chief Executive Officer(CEO) and president of Lockheed Martin to receive the US-India Business Council(USIBC) Global Leadership Award 2020. They also serve as a co-chair of the US-India CEO Forum.
- What is the rank of Mukesh Ambani in world’s richest person list, as per Hurun’s research ?
5) 7thAnswer-3) 5th
According to the Hurun’s Research’s World Richest Man List, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) chairman & CEO Mukesh Ambani (63) with worth 78 billion USD ranked 5th richest man in the world.He sustains as the wealthiest Indian and he is the only Asian Tycoon in the world’s top 10 richest people as on July 2020.
- Who has made Guinness World Record title with 101 One-Leg Hops over a Ruler in 30 seconds?
1) Soham Mukherjee
2) Avtar Singh
3) Mohammed Khursheed Hussain
4) Shridhar Chillal
5) Ram Singh ChauhanAnswer-1) Soham Mukherjee
Indian teenager Soham Mukherjee in UAE(United Arab Emirates), has made a Guinness World Record title with 101 One-Leg Hops over a Ruler, who managed to break the previous Guinness World Records title of 96 hops in 30 seconds.
- Which company planned to acquire 7.73% stake in Jio Platforms Rs 33,737 crores (July 2020)?
5) General ElectricAnswer-2) Google
Alphabet Inc’s Google to buy 7.73% stake in Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)’s Jio Platforms for Rs 33,737 crores. For this purpose, they have signed a binding partnership and an investment agreement. With this, Jio Platforms has raised a total of Rs 1,52,056 crore.
- Which airport introduced India’s 1st fully contactless car parking?
1) Indira Gandhi International Airport
2) Chattrapati Shivaji International Airport
3) Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport
4) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
5) Veer Savarkar International AirportAnswer-4) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
The GMR Hyderabad International Airport (GHIAL), introduced India’s first ever fully contactless airport car parking with contact less toll transaction for their passengers and visitors in Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) to provide a safe airport amid COVID-19. The NETC FASTag Car Park is a part of the “One Nation One Tag” – NETC FASTag programme of Indian Government.
- Suresh Amonkar who passed away in July 2020 is the former health minister of which state?
5) GoaAnswer-5) Goa
Former Goa health minister, Suresh Amonkar passed away at 68 due to COVID-19 infection, while undergoing treatment at ESI hospital in Margao. He was born on May 15, 1952 in Amona, Goa.
- When was world youth skills day observed annually?
1) 12th April
2) 30th June
3) 1st August
4) 15th July
5) 31st MayAnswer-4) 15th July
Every year the United Nations(UN) World Youth Skills Day(WYSD) is globally celebrated on 15th July to highlight the importance of equipping young people with skills to provide opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship. The first WYSD was celebrated on 15th July 2015. The theme of 2020 WYSD virtual event – “Skills for a Resilient Youth”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Malabar naval exercise includes India-United States and which other country?
5) JapanAnswer-5) Japan
Malabar is the naval exercise between India-Japan-Australia. In 2020, India plans to invite Australia to join the annual Malabar naval exercise that has so far included just Japan and the U.S., in a move that could risk China’s ire.
- ‘Hope’ is the mars mission of which country?
2) United States
5) RussiaAnswer-1) UAE
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) Mars Mission or ‘Hope’ is scheduled for launch on 16th July, 2020. It is one of three missions launching to Mars this month. The USA and China, both have surface rovers in the late stages of preparation. Hope is the first interplanetary mission for the Arab World.
- Chambal river which is in news recently is the tributary of which river?
1) Kaveri river
2) Ganga river
3) Yamuna river
4) Brahmaputra river
5) Indus riverAnswer-3) Yamuna river
According to the latest census report prepared by the Madhya Pradesh forest department, the number of dolphins in Chambal river has been reduced by 13% in 4 years. There are just 68 dolphins left in the 435-kilometre-long Chambal river sanctuary which passes through three states i.e. Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. Gangetic Dolphins are the sanctuary’s main attraction. The decreasing trend is continuing from 2016 when there were 78 dolphins.The dolphins were spotted for the first time in 1985 in Chambal river (a tributary of Yamuna) near Etawah, Uttar Pradesh. That time, the number was more than 110.
- Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary (VGDS) is located in which state?
5) BiharAnswer-5) Bihar
Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary (VGDS) in Bihar’s Bhagalpur district is India’s only sanctuary for dolphins.
- What is the capital and currency of Chile?
1) Santiago& Peso
2) Buenos Aires & Peso
3) Sucre& Dollar
4) Quito & Euro
5) Lima & DollarAnswer-1) Santiago & Peso
The capital and currency of Chile are Santiago& Peso respectively.
- India is the ____ largest fruit producer in the world.
5) 2ndAnswer-5) 2nd
India is the 2nd largest producer of fruits with around 98 million tonnes which is 10.9% of the world’s production and 187 million tons of vegetables per year which is 8.6% of world production with only 2.4% of the world’s land area. The cultivation area of fruits and vegetables have increased by 11% between 2013-14 and 2017-18.