AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Connecting which cities, the India’s 1st and Asia’s largest Wildlife corridor is being build (as of Feb’21)?
1) Delhi–Amritsar–Katra Expressway
2) Lucknow–Kanpur Expressway
3) Delhi-Dehradun Expressway
4) Ahmedabad–Vadodara Expressway
5) Delhi–Meerut ExpresswayAnswer-3) Delhi-Dehradun Expressway
The upcoming 210 kilometres long Delhi-Dehradun Expressway (Delhi-Saharanpur-Dehradun Economic corridor) is all set to become India’s first highway with 12 km long elevated corridor for the protection of wildlife as it will pass through pristine forest areas. It will also be Asia’s largest wildlife corridor. The expressway will have a minimum speed of 100 kilometre per hour. It will also catalyze Uttarakhand’s tourism industry.
- Under which Ministry, the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) is launched?
1) Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
2) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
3) Ministry of Minority Affairs
4) Ministry of Science and Technology
5) Ministry of EducationAnswer-2) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
On February 13, 2021, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched a Two-year Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) 2021-23 programme during the event ‘Transforming Skilling through Strategic partnerships under SANKALP’. The fellowship has been rolled out under the World Bank loan assisted programme SANKALP (Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion) and will be hosted by the 9 IIMs. Fellows will be given a Stipend of INR 50, 000 per month for the first year & INR 60, 000 per month for the second year.
- Which state govt (in Feb’21) signed an MoU with Indian Economic Trade Organization (IETO) for effective implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the state?
5) GujaratAnswer-1) Karnataka
On February 9, 2021 The Indian Economic Trade Organization (IETO) and the Government of Karnataka signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) at Bengaluru, Karnataka to work closely to implement the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) more effectively in the state and to expand the scope of the sustainable future. This partnership will improve Karnataka’s ranking at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). 17 SDGs were fixed by the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) in 2015 under its 2030 Agenda.
- What is the aim of Vigyan Jyoti programme?
1) Provide High Quality e-learning Material
2) Conduct National Achievement Survey (NAS)
3) Promote Equity in Education to Disadvantaged & Weaker Section
4) Encourage Girls to pursue a Career in Science
5) In-Service Training for TeachersAnswer-4) Encourage Girls to pursue a Career in Science
The 2nd phase of Vigyan Jyoti programme has been commenced on the occasion of International Day of Women and Girls in Science on February 11, 2021. This phase will cover 50 more districts in addition to the existing 50 districts across India. The programme encourages girls to nurture their interest in science and build a career in Science Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). The programme is successfully running in 50 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV) since December 2019 and now, expanded to 50 more JNVs for the year 2021-22.
- Where is India’s 1st full-fledged International Cruise Terminal ‘Sagarika’ located?
1) Willingdon Island, Kerala
2) Mangalore, Karnataka
3) Paradeep, Odisha
4) Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu
5) Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshAnswer-1) Willingdon Island, Kerala
On February 14, 2021, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi visited Tamil Nadu & Kerala. During the visit he inaugurated, ‘Sagarika’ India’s 1st full-fledged International Cruise Terminal at the Ernakulam Wharf on Willingdon Island. It has been constructed at a cost of INR 25.72 Crore and has the capacity to serve around 1 Lakh Cruise guests. The terminal provides all statutory clearances like Customs & Immigration, for cruise passengers & other facilities like walk-in-berthing, assures quality bunkers and fresh water services.
- Where was the 3 day long Kanchoth festival celebrated?
5) Jammu & KashmirAnswer-5) Jammu & Kashmir
The 3 day Kanchoth festival, a symbol of ancient Nag culture is observed annually across Chenab valley region of Jammu and Kashmir during the ‘Shukla Paksha of Magh month’ in January or February. It is mainly celebrated by Nag followers. Kanchoth festival 2021 began on February 14, 2021.
- Which bank recently (in Feb’21) introduced its Forex Remittance Services offering remittance in 15 currencies with maximum remittance upto US$ 25,000/day to its customers?
1) Kotak Mahindra Bank
2) Karur Vysya Bank
3) IDFC FIRST Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) Federal BankAnswer- 1) Kotak Mahindra Bank
On February 15, 2021 Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd launched its outward forex remittance service, Kotak Remit. In an industry-first move, Kotak Remit is live on the Kotak Mobile Banking App. With this the kotak customers for the 1st time can transfer the money internationally to their beneficiaries from their mobile. It offers remittances in 15 currencies. Through the Kotak Remit, Customers can remit upto US$ 25,000 or equivalent per day and up to US$ 250,000 or equivalent in a financial year.
- Who is the 1st recipient of the ICC Men’s Player of the Month award (for January 2021)?
1) Ajinkya Rahane
2) Steve Smith
3) Rishabh Pant
4) Pat Cummins
5) Ben StokesAnswer-3) Rishabh Pant
Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant won the The International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s Player of the Month award for January 2021 and South African cricketer Shabnim Ismail won the ICC Women’s Player of the Month award for January 2021. This is the first edition of the ICC Player of the Month Awards.
- What is the theme of 2021’s Safer Internet Day?
1) Play your part for a better internet
2) Together for a better internet
3) Be the change: Unite for a better internet
4) Online rights and responsibilities
5) Create, Connect and Share Respect: A better internet starts with youAnswer-2) Together for a better internet
The Safer Internet Day is annually observed across the globe on the 2nd day of the 2nd week (i.e. 2nd Tuesday) of February to create awareness about the emerging new online issues and current issues like cyberbullying to social networking to digital identity, The Safer Internet Day 2021 observed on 9th February 2021 marks the 18th edition of Safer Internet Day. The theme of the 2021 Safer Internet Day is “Together for a better internet”. The first Safer Internet day was observed on 6th February 2004.
- Which state government provides Direct Benefit Transfer on various Agricultural schemes through “Aaple Sarkar MahaDBT Portal”?
5) MaharashtraAnswer-5) Maharashtra
The Government of Maharashtra launched an online application, for the first time, through the Aaple Sarkar MahaDBT Portal (Direct Benefit Transfer). The Portal provides the benefits of various schemes of the Department of Agriculture on a single application by the Farmers. The farmers can register their application online from anywhere at any time and they can view and track the status of their application in the system.