AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In December 2021, The Ministry of Defence handed over 5 ______ Developed Products & ____ Licensing Agreements for Transfer of Technology (LAToT) to the Armed Forces.
1) DRDO; 3
2) HAL; 4
3) DRDO; 6
4) Bharat Electronics; 4
5) HAL; 6
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) DRDO; 6
The Ministry of Defence handed over 5 DRDO developed products to the Armed forces & other security agencies at an event held at DRDO Bhawan, New Delhi as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
i. Products that are handed over to the Armed Forces & Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) are Anti-Drone system, Modular Bridge, Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW), Chaff Variants & the Light Weight Fire Fighting Suit.
ii. He also handed over 6 Licensing Agreements for Transfer of Technology (LAToT) to seven public and private sector companies.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes launched ‘e-Verification Scheme 2021’ for faceless collection of information of taxpayers & it is notified under 135A, Income Tax Act, ________.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) 1961
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has issued new rules namely ‘e-Verification Scheme, 2021’ for faceless collection of information from taxpayers, where mismatches are detected.
• The scheme is notified under a provision in 135A, Income Tax Act, 1961.
About Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT):
Parent Ministry– Ministry of Finance
Chairperson– J.B. Mohapatra
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
- Where did NTPC plan to establish India’s 1st Hydrogen Microgrid Project?
1) Rourkela, Odisha
2) Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
3) Adilabad, Telangana
4) Bidar, Karnataka
5) Simhadri, Andhra Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Simhadri, Andhra Pradesh
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) has awarded a project of “Standalone Fuel-Cell based Micro-grid with hydrogen production using electrolyser in Simhadri, Andhra Pradesh.
• It is India’s 1st Green Hydrogen based Energy Storage Project and one of the largest in the world.
About National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC):
Chairman & MD- Gurdeep Singh
Headquarters- New Delhi, India
- PM Narendra Modi Inaugurated the 1st phase of the Kashi Vishwanath Dham project (in Dec’21) in ____________ which connects the Kashi Vishwanath temple & _______ River.
1) Varanasi; Ganga
2) Ahmedabad; Narmada
3) Haridwar; Ganga
4) Varanasi; Yamuna
5) Ahmedabad; Ravi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Varanasi; Ganga
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the 1st phase of the Kashi Vishwanath Corridor project (Kashi Vishwanath Dham project) which connects the Kashi Vishwanath temple and Ganga ghats in Varanasi.
• 23 building spread over around 5 lakh square feet area was inaugurated as a part of the 1st phase of the Rs 339 crore Kashi Vishwanath Corridor project.
• The foundation stone of the project was laid on 8th March 2019.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the RBI’s PCA framework for NBFCs that was released in December 2021?
A) Provisions of the PCA framework will be effective from October 2022 based on the financial position of NBFCs on or after March 31, 2022.
B) For the 1st time, RBI has made PCA applicable for NBFCs, until now which is applicable only for Banks.
C) RBI introduced the PCA framework in December 2002 to supervise & regulate the banks that become undercapitalised due to poor asset quality.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Both A & C
5) All A, B & C
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) All A, B & C
Provisions of the PCA framework will be effective from October 2022 based on the financial position of NBFCs on or after March 31, 2022.
i.PCA framework will be applicable to All Deposit-Taking NBFCs (Excluding Government Companies) & All Non-Deposit Taking NBFCs.
ii.RBI introduced the PCA framework in December 2002 to supervise & regulate the banks that become undercapitalised due to poor asset quality.
- Name the Organization that recently (in Dec’21) approved a $112 million loan to establish Assam Skill University.
1) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
2) World Bank
3) Asian Development Bank
4) United Nations Development Programme
5) International Monetary Fund
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Asian Development Bank
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $112 million loan to strengthen skills education and training through the establishment of the Assam Skill University (ASU).
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
President – Masatsugu Asakawa
Established – 19th December 1966
Headquarters – Manila, Philippines
Member Countries – 68 members (49 from Asia and Pacific regions)
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the Sports Journalists’ Federation of India Award 2021?
A) Sportsman of the year 2021 was awarded to Ravi Kumar Dahiya where Sportswoman of year 2021 was awarded to PV Sindhu.
B) Former Indian Cricketer, Sunil Gavaskar won the SJFI Medal & It is the highest honour of SJFI.
C) SJFI Annual General Meeting 2021 held in Guwahati, Assam.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & C
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Only B & C
SJFI Sportsman of the year 2021 won by Neeraj Chopra & Sportswoman of the year 2021 won by Mirabai Chanu.
i. Former Indian Cricketer, Sunil Gavaskar won the SJFI Medal & it is the highest honour of SJFI
ii. SJFI Annual General Meeting 2021 held in Guwahati, Assam.
- AIBA Extraordinary Congress 2021 adopted a comprehensive set of governance reforms developed by independent experts and changed its acronym to _______.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) IBA
The International Boxing Association (AIBA) Extraordinary Congress 2021 adopted a comprehensive set of governance reforms developed by independent experts and changed its acronym from AIBA to IBA.
i. The year 2021 marks the 75th anniversary of IBA.
ii. On the recommendation of the Governance Reform Group, the creation of a new Boxing Independent Integrity Unit (BIIU) was the creation of a new Boxing Independent Integrity Unit, which is set to become fully operational in the course of 2022.
- Who Authored the book, ‘Raj Kapoor: The Master At Work’ released by Venkaiah Naidu?
1) Nandita Das
2) Rahul Rawail
3) Vishal Bhardwaj
4) Zoya Akhtar
5) Kiran Rao
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Rahul Rawail
Vice President of India, M Venkaiah Naidu released the book titled ‘Raj Kapoor: The Master At Work’ authored by Rahul Rawail.
• The book launch event was held at India Habitat Centre in New Delhi, coinciding with Raj Kapoor’s 97th birth anniversary.
• The vice president described the book as a “labour of love and dedication”.
- Name the State that signed an Agreement with UN-FAO & ICAR (in Dec’21) to train farmers in adopting sustainable agriculture?
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Andhra Pradesh
An agreement on Technical Cooperation Project has been inked by Andhra Pradesh Government with the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (UN-FAO) & Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to help the state farmers in adopting a sustainable agriculture food system.
About United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (UN-FAO): Director-General– Qu Dongyu
Headquarters– Rome, Italy