AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Name the company that recently (in Apr’21) signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) for promoting innovation & entrepreneurship in STEM fields?
3) Vodafone Group
4) Dassault Systemes
Answer-4) Dassault Systemes
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog has signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with Dassault Systemes Foundation to work towards creating a digitally rich ecosystem of Innovation in India & to promote STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) based innovation and entrepreneurship among the youth of India.
- Which organisation recently (in Apr’21) partnered with NITI Aayog for empowering Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) in school across India?
1) All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE)
2) National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)
3) Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)
4) National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
5) Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Answer-1) All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE)
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog has announced its partnership with AICTE’s (All India Council for Technical Education) Institution’s Innovation Councils (IICs) for empowering Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) school students across India.
· It aims to empower school student innovators across India by equipping them with future ready innovation skills.
Chairman – Anil D. Sahasrabudhe
Headquarters – New Delhi
- In April 2021, Health Ministry announced that, India has 75,532 fully functional Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness Centre (AB-HWCs).
Identify the points which are correctly related to AB-HWCs:
A) AB-HWC was launched in 2019 with a target of operationalizing 1.5 Lakh Health and Wellness Centre (HWCs) by 2025B) AB-HWCs screen individuals for Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs)
C) Gujarat attained the 1st rank among Indian states for operationalizing HWCs in 2020-21
1) Only A & C
2) Only B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A
5) Only A & B
Answer-2) Only B
The Health Ministry announced that the Government has operationalized around 75, 532 Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness Centre (AB-HWCs) across India since 2018. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the 1st AB-HWC at Bijapur district, Chhattisgarh on April 14, 2018.
· AB-HWS has a target of operationalizing 1.5 Lakh Health and Wellness Centre (HWCs) by December 2022.
· AB-HWCs screen individuals for Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) like Hypertension & Diabetes, it also conducts screening of three common cancers – oral cancer, breast cancer & cervical cancer.
· Punjab attained the 1st rank among Indian states for operationalizing HWCs in 2020-21.
- Which organisation (in Apr’21) announced to invest USD 100 mn in J.C. Flowers India Opportunities Fund to help Indian financial institutions in resolving distressed assets?
1) International Monetary Fund
2) Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
3) International Finance Corporation
4) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
5) International Development Association
Answer-3) International Finance Corporation
On 14th April 2021, International Finance Corporation (IFC), member of the World Bank Group announced to invest USD 100 million in J.C. Flowers India Opportunities Fund to help Indian financial institutions in resolving distressed assets and free up the capital for new lending.
• The investment is part of IFC’s Distressed Asset Recovery Program (DARP) work in India.
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) recently (in Apr’21) made a digital lending partnership with the fintech company ‘NIRA’ for providing personal loans?
1) Equitas SFB
2) ESAF SFB
3) Suryoday SFB
4) Capital SFB
5) Ujjivan SFB
Answer-5) Ujjivan SFB
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (USFB), partnered with a fintech, NIRA to strengthen its digital footprint and onboard its customers for Personal Loans. This was USFB’s 1st Digital Lending Partnership.
· NIRA is a Bangalore based financial institution which provides a small line of credit ranging from Rs. 5000 to Rs. 1 lakh.
- What is the utility of the “MANAS” App that was recently (in Apr’21) launched by the Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) of India, K Vijay Raghavan?
1) Provide assistance to guardians of Mentally handicapped
2) Provide Rehabilitation programs for Physically handicapped
3) Transparency in Government Pension for handicaps
4) Promote Mental well-being among citizens
5) Transparency in Universal Vaccination Programs
Answer-4) Promote Mental well-being among citizens
Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) to the Government of India (GoI) Professor K Vijay Raghavan virtually launched the ‘MANAS’ App (Mental Health and Normalcy Augmentation System) to promote the Mental well-being of Indian Citizens.
· MANAS is a comprehensive national digital wellbeing platform that is based on life skills and core psychological processes.
· Initially, it will focus on promoting positive mental health in the age group of 15-35 years.
- Who authored the book, “Believe — What Life and Cricket Taught Me”?
1) AB de Villiers
2) Ravichandran Ashwin
3) Shane Watson
4) Suresh Raina
5) Ricky Ponting
Answer-4) Suresh Raina
Suresh Raina penned his Memoir “Believe — What Life and Cricket Taught Me” Co-authored by Bharat Sundaresan to be released by May, 2021.
· He is the first Indian batsman to hit a century in all three formats (Test, ODI, T20I) of international cricket.
· Bharat Sundaresan was well known for his book, “The Dhoni Touch”.
- Who authored the book, “Being Gandhi”?
1) Paro Anand
2) Amitav Ghosh
3) Khushwant Singh
4) Shobhaa De
5) Hugh Lupton
Answer-1) Paro Anand
Paro Anand authored the book on Gandhi, titled “Being Gandhi”. Paro’s story captures the growing relevance of Gandhi’s philosophy and the need to rethink it over the course of a decade and with the plagues of social and political division.
- Who was the 1st Indian to receive the Oscar Award?
1) Bhanu Athaiya
2) Satyajit Ray
3) A.R. Rahman
5) Resul Pookutty
Answer-1) Bhanu Athaiya
· Bhanu Athaiya was the 1st Indian to win the Oscar Award (Academy Award) for designing the costumes for Richard Attenborough’s Gandhi (1982).
· Satyajit Ray received an Honorary Academy Award in 1992, becoming the 1st Indian to receive an Honorary Oscars.
- “SWIFT” is commonly referred to as a term during transactions between banks. What does ‘I’ stand for in SWIFT?
Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) is a vast messaging network used by banks and other financial institutions to quickly, accurately, and securely send and receive information, such as money transfer instructions.