AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- How many point appeal (Saptapadi) was made by PM Modi to the citizens of the nation as preventive measure of COVID-19durind announcement of extension of lockdown.
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Damodardas Modi extended the nationwide lockdown till May 3, 2020 to halt COVID-19 spread. He made 7 points appeal (Saptapadi) to the citizens of India as a preventive measure from COVID-19 disease.
- Name the Organisation along with Fit India has organising the 1st ever live fitness sessions for school students during lockdown.
1) University Grants Commission
2) National Council of Educational Research and Training
3) Department of School Education
4) Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
5) Central Board of Secondary Education
Answer-5) Central Board of Secondary Education
Fit India in collaboration with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is organizing a first-of-a-kind live fitness session under its Fit India Active Day programme for school children across the country from 15th April 2020 at 9:30 am. The decision has been taken due to the nation-wide lockdown till May 3, 2020 to counter COVID-19 which has restricted the activities of children. These online sessions will enable children to practice fitness even at home in order to remain healthy. The guidelines of the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurvedic, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) to stay healthy and to build immunity will also be shared with students during this programme.
- Name the 1st Indian state which initiated pool testing for COVID-19 (Approved by ICMR).
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-3) Uttar Pradesh
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has given its approval for pool testing to Uttar Pradesh (UP), making latter the first state to do so. The decision has been taken to maximize the sample testing on a daily basis asthe cases of COVID-19 positive patients are increasing in the state. As of April 13, 2020, the tally for coronavirus positive cases in the state is 558.
- Name the Indian ministry which has announced COVID-19 training program for health care professionals of SAARC countries.
1) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
2) Ministry of External Affairs
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
5) Ministry of Home Affairs
Answer-2) Ministry of External Affairs
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has announced a training program on COVID-19 from April 17 for healthcare professionals from the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) countries, it will be carried out by the Centre’s Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) programme.
- Jim Corbett National park has become India’s 1st Quarantine centre for animals. Where does Jim Corbett National park located?
3) Madhya Pradesh
Jim Corbett National Park, the India’s oldest forested wildlife sanctuary located in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand, has become the India’s 1st quarantine centre for animals with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Which Indian Ministry has launched the Webinar series named “DekhoApnaDesh”?
1) HRD Ministry
2) Health Ministry
3) Tourism Ministry
4) Home Ministry
5) External Affairs Ministry
Answer-3) Tourism Ministry
In order to reach out to people amid COVID-19 lockdown, the Ministry of Tourism launched a webinar series called “DekhoApnaDesh”, which is based on tourism awareness and social history. The title of the first series is ‘City of Cities – Delhi’s Personal Diary’.
- Find the airline company which launches India’s first cargo-on-seat flights to carry essentials amid Covid-19.
SpiceJet on April 7, 2020 operated the country’s first cargo-on-seat flight to carry essentials amid Covid-19
- Name the Indian state which provides free food to citizens via Mukhya Mantri Didi Kitchen (MMDK).
Jharkhand has launched the Muhkya Mantri Didi Kitchen (MMDK) for providing free food to the most-needy, differently abled, children and identified poorest of the poor households in the villages. At present about 4185 community kitchens are being run in as many numbers of Panchayats in the state.
- With which Public Sector Bank, the government telecom operator BSNL has partnered to launch Bharat InstaPay, UPI-based payment platform.
1) UCO Bank
2) Punjab National Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Allahabad Bank
5) Andhra Bank
Answer-3) State Bank of India
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) in partnership with the State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a Unified Payments Interface (UPI) based payment platform, Bharat InstaPay to enable all types of channel partners of BSNL to digitize their payment transactions on a round the clock basis/ real- time basis.
- Barclays has forecasted India’s GDP growth for 2020 as 0%. What is the India’s growth forecast as per International Monetary Fund (IMF) for FY21?
International Monetary Fund (IMF) in its “World Economic Outlook, April 2020” has decreased India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Products) growth rate to 1.9% for fiscal year 2020-21 starting April 1, 2020. It has also predicted that in FY 21-22 the Indian economy will recover strongly with a growth projection of 7.4%. This current projected GDP growth rate at 1.9% for 2020-21 is 3.9% lower than the January outlook and 5.1% lower than the projection made in 2019.
- Name the term which is used by central bank under which funds are transferred from the Central Bank to the state and Union governments which empowers the public with money to buy things.
1) Train Money
2) Helicopter Money
3) Bus Money
4) Ship Money
5) Jet Money
Answer-2) Helicopter Money
This term Helicopter Money has been coined by American economist Milton Friedman in his famous paper “The Optimum Quantity of Money” of 1969. Helicopter money is an unconventional method used by the Central Bank under which the funds are transferred from the Central Bank to the state and Union government which empowers the public with money to buy things, resulting boost in the economy. It involves printing large sums of money and distributing it to the public denoting helicopter dropping money from the sky. It is a tool to bring the declining growth of the economy (recession) back on track.
- J Packirisamy the MD of Andhra Bank has been appointed as OSD (Officer on Special Duty) in Union Bank of India. Mrutyunjay Mahapatra CEO of Syndicate Bank has been appointed as OSD to which bank?
1) Canara Bank
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Indian Bank
4) UCO Bank
5) Bank of India
Answer-1) Canara Bank
Andhra Bank Managing Director (MD) J Packirisamy and Syndicate Bank Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mrutyunjay Mahapatra were appointed as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Union Bank of India (UBI) and the Canara Bank respectively.
- Name the Indian cricketer who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of PokerStars India.
1) Sachin Tendulkar
2) MS Dhoni
3) Virat Kohli
4) Rohit Sharma
5) Sourav Ganguly
Answer-2) MS Dhoni
PokerStars India has appointed former Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni as its new brand ambassador. Prior to MS Dhoni’s appointment popular Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui was the brand ambassador of the company.
- Writer Abdelouahab Aissaoui has won the 13th International Prize for Arabic Fiction (IPAF) 2020 for his novel ‘The Spartan Court’. He belongs to which Country?
Algerian Novelist AbdelouahabAissaoui won the 13th International Prize for Arabic Fiction (IPAF) 2020 for his novel ‘The Spartan Court’ published by Dar Min in 2018 & will receive USD 50,000 and funding will be provided for the English translation. It is shortlisted from 6 novels, where the other 5 authors will each receive USD 10,000.
- Name the company which has won the Edison Award 2020 for its campaign named ‘Club Enerji #Switchoff2SwitchOn’.
1) JSW Energy
2) SJVN power
3) Reliance power
4) Tata power
5) NHPC ltd
Answer-4) Tata power
Tata Power company limited’s ‘Club Enerji #Switchoff2SwitchOn’ campaign, which is India’s 1st, energy & resource conservation club has won silver in the Edison Award 2020 under Social innovation’s subcategory, social energy solution. The company’s ‘Club Enerji’ is a 12-year old sustainability initiative which targets school children.
- Novelis Inc. of Hindalco acquired US’s Aleris for $2.8 billion. Hindalco Industries belongs to which group of company?
1) L&T Group
2) Tata Group
3) Reliance Group
4) Aditya Birla group
5) Adani Group
Answer-4) Aditya Birla group
The Aditya Birla group’s Hindalco Industries Ltd. has acquired Aleris Corporation through its wholly owned subsidiary Novelis Inc. for an enterprise value of $2.8 billion (Rs 21,295 crores). Hindalco is now one of the world’s largest aluminium makers. This acquisition took place after 2 years of signing the deal. It’s deadline was January 2020 but was delayed due to regulatory hurdles. Novelis will acquire Aleris’ 13 plants across North America, Europe and Asia
- Gulf Petrochem (GP) acquires lubricant assets of Grand Petrochem of which country?
Gulf Petrochem (GP) Global, a leading energy-to-agriculture conglomerate, announced the acquisition of the lubricant assets of Grand Petroleum in Nigeria, to expand and strengthen its presence in the African nation and western part of the continent.
- Name the organisation which developed COVID Sample Collection Kiosk (COVSACK) for healthcare workers to safely collect Covid-19 samples.
1) Employees’ State Insurance Corporation
2) Indian Space Research Organisation
3) Bharat Electronics Limited
4) Indian Council of Medical Research
5) Defence Research and Development Organisation
Answer-5) Defence Research and Development Organisation
The Defence Research & Development Laboratory (DRDL), under Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in consultation with the doctors of Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC), Hyderabad, has developed COVID Sample Collection Kiosk (COVSACK) for healthcare workers to safely collect Covid-19 samples from suspected patients.
- Researchers of which institute has developed the cost-effective disinfectant chamber named ‘ZERO-COV’?
In view of increasing pandemic coronavirus (Covid-19) cases, a team of researchers from National Institute of Technology-Karnataka (NIT-K) at Surathkal, has designed a disinfection chamber called ‘ZERO-COV’ to disinfect personal protective equipment (PPE) tools, surgical masks, vegetables, packaged food items, currency notes and other day-to-day items within 15 minutes.
- Name the multilingual science communication initiative launched by Government of India.
Government launches a multi-institutional, multi-lingual science communication initiative, ‘CovidGyan’ on April 3 to bring together the collection of resources, which are generated by public supported research institutions in India & associated programs in response to the outbreak of COVID-19 so as to create public awareness, & to conduct a complete approach to understand the disease & ways to mitigate it.
- Pharma majors Sanofi & GlaxoSmithKline joined hands to prepare vaccine for which disease?
1) Swine Flu
GlaxoSmithKline plc, a British multinational pharmaceutical company, has tied-up with France’s Pharmaceutical company Sanofi S.A., to develop the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine to deal with the current epidemic.
- Name the online Platform which was launched by Andhra Pradesh government to help various department of state to procure cements.
1) YSR Nirman
2) YSR Cement
3) YSR Kanuga
4) YSR Nelluvu
5) YSR Samaj
Answer-1) YSR Nirman
Andhra Pradesh (AP) Chief Minister (CM) Jagan Mohan Reddy launches ‘YSR Nirman’ an online platform on April 6 to help various departments of the State to procure cement from suppliers for government works such as Polavaram irrigation project, housing and roads & also display availability of cement demand and supply on a real-time basis.
- Which Indian state government has launched Annapurna & Supply Mitra portals for citizens’ food needs?
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-4) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh (UP) Government has launched two portals namely the Annapurna portal and the Supply Mitra portals for the convenience of the food needs for the people of the state during the COVID-19 crisis. Alok Sinha, Commissioner of Agricultural Production, UP, launched the portal.
- Name the country which has launched multiple short-range anti-ship cruise missiles into sea(recently).
1) United states
3) North Korea
5) South Korea
Answer-3) North Korea
As part of military exercises, North Korea has launched Multiple short-range anti-ship cruise missiles into the sea more than 150 kilometres (93 miles) off the east coast town of Munchon and Sukhoi jets fired air-to-surface missiles.
- Zafar Sarfraz who passed away recently due to COVID-19 is 1st class cricket of which nation?
5) South Africa
Former Pakistani first-class cricketer, Zafar Sarfaraz was tested positive to COVID-19 and passed away at 50 in a hospital at Peshawar, Pakistan. He was born on 30th October 1969 in Peshawar, North West Frontier Province, Pakistan.
- The theme for International Day of Action for Rivers 2020 is “Women, Water and Climate Change”. The day was observed annually on ______.
1) February 7
2) April 16
3) March 31
4) March 14
5) April 4
Answer-4) March 14
International Day of Action for Rivers is observed every year on March 14 and aims to raise public awareness of destructive water development projects, health and sustainable management of the watersheds.The year 2020 marks the 22nd edition of International Day of Action for Rivers. Theme for the year 2020: Women, Water and Climate Change.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present External Affairs minister of India?
- What is the capital and currency of Algeria?
Answer-Capital – Algiers & Currency – Dinar
- What is the capital and currency of North Korea?
Answer-Capital – Pyongyang & Currency – Won
- Who is the MD & CEO of Canara Bank?
Answer-Lingam Venkat Prabhakar
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya JanaushadhiPariyojana (PMBJP) is under aegis of which ministry?
Answer-Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers
The Ministry of State for Chemicals and Fertilizers Shri Mansukh Mandaviya has announced that more than 6300 Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendra (PMJK) working across the country during COVID-19 lockdown. Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya JanaushadhiPariyojana (PMBJP) scheme under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India with an objective of providing quality and affordable healthcare to anyone in need.
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]