AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 15 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 –Click Here to Download the APP
- In October 2021, “Climate Resilience Information System and Planning” (CRISP-M) tool was launched to collect GIS based climate information. Which government scheme will be using the CRISP-M tool in its functioning?
1) Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA)
2) Ecosystem Research scheme (ERS)
3) National Wetland Conservation Programme (NWCP)
4) Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM)
5) Environment Education, Awareness & Training (EEAT) Scheme
Answer-1) Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA)
Union Minister of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Shri Giriraj Singh virtually launched “Climate Resilience Information System and Planning” (CRISP-M) tool for integration of climate information in Geographic Information System (GIS) based watershed planning under Mahatma Gandhi NREGA Scheme (MGNREGS).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually attended the foundation day programme of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on 12th October. When was the Organisation established?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the 28th National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) foundation day programme virtually.
• NHRC was established on 12th October 1993. It was established under the Protection of Human Rights Act (PHRA), 1993
- Which state is responsible for the highest spending under the Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) in FY 21-22?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) West Bengal
Answer-3) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh became top in India by financing the highest number of units under the Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP).
• The UP government has facilitated a total of over Rs 123 crore as margin money under PMEGP with a total cost of the project worth over Rs 450 crore in the current FY21-22.
- In October 2021, a month-long ‘Clean India programme’ was launched to create awareness on the effects of Single Use plastic waste. Where was the program kick started?
1) Haridwar, Uttarakhand
2) Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh
3) New Delhi
4) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
5) Pune, Maharashtra
Answer-2) Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh
Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Anurag Thakur participated in cleanliness drive on the launch of nationwide Clean India programme from Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh.
• This program aims to create awareness to eliminate Single Use Plastic waste.
- In October 2021, the World Health Organisation launched its 1st ever Global roadmap on ‘Meningitis’, in which WHO targets to eliminate ‘Bacterial Meningitis’ by which year?
The World Health Organization (WHO) along with its partners (including UNICEF, PATH, the Gates Foundation) have launched the 1st ever strategy “Global Roadmap to Defeat Meningitis by 2030”.
• WHO & its partners target to eliminate the Bacterial Meningitis by 2030 & reduce the overall deaths by 70%.
- Who Chaired the ‘G20 Extraordinary Leaders’ Meeting on Afghanistan’ which saw the virtual participation of PM Narendra Modi?
1) Mario Draghi
2) Vladimir Putin
3) Justin Trudeau
4) Scott Morrison
5) Fumio Kishida
Answer-1) Mario Draghi
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually participated in the ‘G20 Extraordinary Leaders’ Meeting on Afghanistan’, which has been organised to discuss the situation in Afghanistan.
• The meeting was convened by Italy (currently holding G2O Presidency) & chaired by Italian PM Mario Draghi.
- What is India’s rank in the 58th edition of ‘Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index 2021’ (RECAI) released by Ernst & Young Global Limited’s (EY)?
India has retained its 3rd rank in the 58th edition of Ernst & Young Global Limited’s (EY) ‘Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index 2021’ (RECAI).
• The ranking was topped by the USA, followed by China.
i.Corporate Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) Index was newly added in the current edition of RECAI, in which India ranked 6th among the top 30 PPA markets.
- Name the Organisation that partnered with Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) to launch India Digital Trade Facilitation Forum (IDTFF) to support MSME Exporters.
PayPal signed an MoU with the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) to increase the knowledge base of Indian micro, small & medium enterprises (MSMEs).
• It will be done through the launch of India Digital Trade Facilitation Forum (IDTFF) for MSMEs.
- What is the Official Tagline of the AFC Women’s Asian Cup that will be held in 2022 in India?
1) Goals of Universal Unity
2) Unity in Sports
3) Our Goal for All
4) Coordination @Goal
5) Uniqueness in Universality
Answer-3) Our Goal for All
Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and the Local Organising Committee (LOC) unveiled ‘Our Goal for All’ as the official tagline for the AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022.
• The tournament will be held in 3 cities in Maharashtra – Navi Mumbai, Mumbai & Pune
- In October 2021, Nuclear Scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan passed away, he was the ‘Father of Nuclear Weapons Program’ of which country?
2) Saudi Arabia
Pakistani nuclear scientist and metallurgical engineer Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan (85), also known as the ‘Father of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons program’, passed away in Islamabad, Pakistan.
• Khan founded the Engineering Research Laboratory, or ERL in Pakistan, for the purpose of developing a uranium-enrichment capability.