AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 15 October 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- PM Modi released the new coin of Rs.100 denominations to honour the legacy of Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia recently. Vijayaraje Scindia was a renowned ________.
3) Film Director
4) Folk Dancer
Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi released the new coin of Rs.100 denominations to honour the legacy of Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia on the occasion of her birth centenary over a virtual event. She was born on 12th October 1919. Prahlad Singh Patel, Union Minister of Culture and the family members of Vijayaraje Scindia participated in the event. She served as a member of parliament from 1957 to 1967. She served as the vice president of BJP till she stepped down and quit electoral politics in 1998 due to health reasons. She penned her autobiography “The last Maharani of Gwalior” with the support of author Manohar Malgonkar.
- Which state government launches state-of-the-art mobile water testing laboratory van recently?
3) Madhya Pradesh
In an effort to address the pressing need of testing water at the doorstep, Manohar Lal, Chief Minister(CM) of Haryana launched a state-of-the-art Mobile Water Testing Laboratory Van, an innovative solution for Water testing of the Public Health Engineering Department (PHED). He also launched ‘Swachhta Pakhwada’ in Panchkula. The mobile van will be stationed at State Water Testing Laboratory, Karnal and its operation will be throughout the state. The mobile van is procured at a cost of Rs 99 lakhs.
- “Sujal- Drink from Tap mission” is the 1st of its kind initiative of which state government?
5) West Bengal
Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik launched the “Sujal- Drink from Tap mission”, 1st of its kind initiative to enable a 24-hour supply of quality drinking water to all the urban areas of Odisha. Odisha is set to become the first state to provide piped water connection to all urban areas of the state by March 2022. The Drink from Tap mission was launched in Salia Sahi, Bhubaneswar and Masanichandi, Puri.
- Which organization released ‘International Debt Statistics 2021’?
1) Amnesty Internationals
2) United Nations Industrial Development Organization
3) World Bank
4) World Economic Forum
5) International Monetary Fund
Answer-3) World Bank
According to International Debt Statistics 2021 released by the World Bank Group, COVID-19 has deepened the Debt Crisis in Developing Countries. The International Debt Statistics 2021 has been prepared by the Debt Statistics Team of Development Data Group (DECDG) at the World Bank. The Top 10 Borrowers with largest end-2019 External Debt Stock are Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Russia, Thailand, Turkey and South Africa.
- According to Reserve Bank of India, digital payments increased at a compounded annual growth rate of ______ from FY2015-16 to FY19-20.
In accordance with the latest data of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), between 2015-16 and 2019-20, digital payments increased at a compounded annual growth rate of 55.1% from 593.61 crore in FY2015-16 to 3,434.56 crore in FY19-20. In absolute terms, this value has grown from Rs 920.38 lakh crore to Rs 1,623.05 lakh crore during this period at an annual compounded rate of 15.2%. As percent of card usage, they are being used increasingly for payments–from 20 per cent in FY16 to 45 per cent in FY20, with debit card turnover outpacing credit card values.
- EarlySalary has collaborated with which company to launch zero-touch digital card powered by RuPay named ‘Salary Card’?
1) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
2) Data Security Council of India (DSCI)
3) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
4) National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
5) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
Answer-4) National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
EarlySalary in collaboration with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) launched ‘Salary Card’, a Zero-Touch Digital card. The Salary Card credit solution is powered by Rupay. It provides instant access for salaried professionals, allowing them to make purchases instantly across merchants in India. Vivifi India Finance Private Limited (Vivifi) has launched FlexPay, which offers credit on Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
- What will be the GDP of India in FY21 as per the estimation of International Monetary Fund (IMF)?
1) (-) 12.9%
2) (-) 14.7%
3) (-) 9.7%
4) (-) 10.3%
5) (-) 8.5%
Answer-4) (-) 10.3%
International Monetary Fund (IMF) in its latest World Economic Outlook (WEO-October 2020), titled “A Long and Difficult Ascent” projected India’s gross domestic product (GDP) to contract 10.3% (i.e.-10.3 %) in comparison to June forecast of 4.5% amid COVID19. On the other hand, for FY21-22 Indian economy is expecting a rebound of 8.8% growth rate higher than the 6% forecast earlier. On global front, the economy growth is downgraded to -4.4% as compared to 5.2% projected earlier. The global recovery in 2021 is projected to be at 5.2%. After 2021, global growth is expected to ease off at 3.5% in the medium term.
- Name the company which signed Statement of Intent (SOI) with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission to promote innovation in schools.
2) DGI India
4) CGI India
5) HCL India
Answer-4) CGI India
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) with CGI India to promote innovation in schools. CGI India will adopt 100 schools with Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Mumbai to promote and train students. Volunteers from CGI will mentor and coach students at ATLs to increase technical literacy. The opportunity will provide the students hands-on experience using STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) tools.
- Who heads the panel formulated by central government to streamline telecom spectrum allocation?
1) Rajiv Gauba
2) Ajit Seth
3) PK Sinha
4) Kamal Pande
5) Kapil Dev Tripathi
Answer-1) Rajiv Gauba
Central Government has formulated a panel of secretaries under cabinet secretary Rajiv Gauba to streamline telecom spectrum allocation process and examine the possibility of making the auction of spectrum an annual calendar event. The panel comprises the secretaries of home, defence, railways, telecom, Information and Broadcasting (I&B) and department of space.
- Name the person who heads the committee constituted by AICTE to formulate the professional Engineers Bill.
1) PK Sinha
2) D.P. Singh
3) M.S. Ananth
4) Anil D. Sahasrabudhe
5) Kamal Pande
Answer-3) M.S. Ananth
Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ Union Minister of Education informed K. Somaprasad, Member of Parliament(MP) through letter, that All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has constituted a Committee to Prepare the Professional Engineers Bill. The committee is chaired by M.S. Ananth, Former Director of Indian Institute of Technology Madras(IIT-M).
- Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador for World Athletics Half Marathon Championships Gdynia 2020?
1) Haile Gebrselassie
2) Kenenisa Bekele
3) Mo Farah
4) Almaz Ayana
5) Constantina Dita
Answer-5) Constantina Dita
On 13th October the World Athletics named Constantina Dita, Romanian long-distance runner and the Champion of 2008 Beijing Olympics as the brand ambassador of World Athletics Half Marathon Championships 2020 which will be held on 17th October 2020 at Gdynia, Poland.
- Which edition of ASEAN-India Track 1.5 Dialogue organised by Observer Research Foundation in partnership with the External Affairs Ministry held recently?
The Second Edition of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)-India Track 1.5 Dialogue took place virtually. The summit was organized by the Observer Research Foundation (ORF) in partnership with the External Affairs Ministry (EAM). The summit held discussions on cooperation safety in the virtual and cyber area during the pandemic.
- The 6th session of India-Norway Joint Commission was held recently. What is the capital and currency of Norway?
1) Baku & Manat
2) Tirane & Lek
3) Oslo & Krone
4) Geneva & Korna
5) Minsk & Ruble
Answer-3) Oslo & Krone
The 6th session of India-Norway Joint Commission was held virtually where Indian delegation was led by Union Minister Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Norwegian delegation was led by Ms. Ine Marie Eriksen Soreide, Foreign Minister of Norway. The capital and currency of Norway are Oslo and Krone respectively.
- What is India’s rank in Arton Capital’s world’s most powerful passports index 2020 (New Zealand tops)?
According to Arton Capital’s Passport Index 2020, India has been ranked 58th in the list of World’s Most Powerful Passports. New Zealand topped the list followed by Japan, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Ireland, South Korea and Australia in second place.
Country Rank (Based on Access to Number of Destinations) India (52 Destinations) 58 New Zealand (129 Destinations) 1 Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Ireland, Japan, South Korea, Australia (128 Destinations) 2 Sweden, Belgium, France, Finland, Italy, Spain (127 Destinations) 3 Afghanistan, Iraq (31 Destinations) 75 (Bottom of the rankings)
- The competition commission of India has approved the acquisition of 50% equity share capital of CG Power by which company?
1) Tata Power
2) JSW Energy
3) Torrent Power
4) Tube Investments of India Limited
5) Adani Green Energy Ten Limited
Answer-4) Tube Investments of India Limited
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has given approval to the following acquisition, (i) The acquisition of more than 50% equity share capital of CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited (CG Power) by Tube Investments of India Limited (TIIL). (ii) The acquisition of solar energy generation assets of Adani Green Energy Ten Limited (AGE10L) by Adani Green Energy Twenty-Three Ltd (AGE23L).
- ‘Suraksha Kavach’ is the joint anti-terrorist exercise between Indian army and which state’s police?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) West Bengal
A joint anti-terrorist exercise “Suraksha Kawach (security shield)” between Indian Army and Maharashtra Police at Lullanagar Pune (Maharashtra) was organized by Agnibaaz Division (41 Artillery Division) of Southern Command of the Indian Army, along with equipment display. It was carried out taking all safety norms of COVID-19.
- Which space agency agreed to launch ‘India Sat’, an indigenous experimental satellite developed by students from Tamil Nadu?
1) Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
3) Centre national d’étudesspatiales (CNES)
4) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
5) China National Space Administration (CNSA)
Answer-2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA) has chosen ‘India Sat’, an indigenous experimental satellite developed by 3 students from Tamil Nadu namely, M. Adnaan of Thanthonrimalai, M. Kesavan of Nagampalli and V. Arun of Thennilai for launch in suborbital space in June, next on NASA’s sounding rocket 7. This satellite model has outnumbered many other satellites designed as part of the global competition conducted by the Cubes in Space, a programme of Idoodledu Inc in association with NASA.
- Government of Odisha signed agreement to sponsor national team of which sports for 3 years?
The State Government of Odisha signed an Agreement with Indian Rugby Football Union (IRFU) to sponsor the Indian National Rugby Team for a period of 3 years (till 2023). The agreement was signed at the Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It was signed by R Vineel Krishna, Director of Sports & Youth Services Department, Odisha and Maneck Unwala, President of IRFU.
- Name the person who has won Chess.com’s 2020 Junior Speed Online Championship?
1) S. P. Sethuraman
2) Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa
3) Nihal Sarin
4) Aryan Chopra
5) Abhimanyu Puranik
Answer-3) Nihal Sarin
Sixteen-Year Old Indian Chess Player Nihal Sarin emerged winner in Chess.com’s 2020 Junior Speed Online Chess Championship. He defeated Russia’s Alexey Sarana in the final. With this win, Sarin will qualify for the 2020 Speed Chess Championship Final which will feature the world’s best players. Nihal Sarin hails from Thrissur, Kerala.
- Karnataka based Rajan who passed recently was a renowned _______.
1) Freedom Fighter
5) Music Composer
Answer-5) Music Composer
Veteran Kannada Music Composer Rajan of the popular Rajan – Nagendra duo passed away at the age of 85 in his residence at Bengaluru, Karnataka due to Cardiac arrest. He was born in 1933, in Mysuru, Karnataka.
- Padma Shri Shobha Naidu who passed away in October 2020 was associated with which type of dance form?
Renowned Kuchipudi dancer Padma Shri Shobha Naidu passed away at the age of 64 in a private hospital Hyderabad, Telangana. She was a disciple of the legendary guru Vempati Chinna Satyam. She was the Principal for Kuchipudi Art Academy, Hyderabad. She was born at Anakapalli in Visakhapatnam district in 1956.
- What is the theme of World/International standards day 2020 which was observed (annually) on October 14?
1) “Protecting the planet with standards”
2) “Video standards create a global stage”
3) “International Standards and the Fourth Industrial Revolution”
4) “Smart Health: Using Intelligent Systems to Improve the Quality”
5) “Standards Build Trust”
Answer-1) “Protecting the planet with standards”
World Standards Day or International Standards day is annually celebrated on October 14 by the members of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). It is celebrated as a way of paying tribute to the collaborative efforts of many experts globally, namely American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) who develop the voluntary technical agreements that are published as International Standards. Theme of World Standards Day 2020– “Protecting the planet with standards”.
- When was International e-waste day observed annually (2020’s theme – Education)?
1) December 14
2) November 14
3) September 14
4) August 14
5) October 14
Answer-5) October 14
The Third International E-Waste Day was observed on 14th October, 2020. The day is observed to raise awareness about e-waste recycling and encourage consumers to recycle e-waste. It aims to sensitise the youth on E-waste. International E-Waste Day has been observed since 2018 by WEEE (Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment) Forum. This year the day will be observed on the Theme of Education.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- “The last Maharani of Gwalior” is the autobiography of whom?
1) Mayawati Das
2) Vijayaraje Scindia
3) Sushma Swaraj
4) Vasundhara Raje
5) Sonia Gandhi
Answer-2) Vijayaraje Scindia
Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia penned her autobiography “The last Maharani of Gwalior” with the support of author Manohar Malgonkar.
- Which country chairs Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in 2020?
Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) members rotate as chair: Vietnam is ASEAN’s chair for 2020 and Brunei is to assume the chair in 2021.
- Erna Solberg is the prime minister of which country?
Erna Solberg is a Norwegian politician serving as Prime Minister of Norway since 2013.
- Where is the headquarter of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) located?
The headquarter of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) is located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)’s headquarter is located at which city?
1) New Delhi
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO)’s headquarter is located at Geneva, Switzerland.