AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 15 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Where will the World’s largest scooter manufacturing factory to produce Electric Vehicles be built by Ola?
1) Hosur, Tamil Nadu
2) Mangalore, Karnataka
3) Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu
4) Kutch, Gujarat
5) Thane, MaharashtraAnswer-1) Hosur, Tamil Nadu
On 14th December, 2020 Ola has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tamil Nadu state government to set up a Rs. 2400 crore Electric vehicle manufacturing hub in the state, this turns out to be the world’s largest scooter factory. Ola manufactures EVs that won the Marketing Innovation award at CES and the German Design Award. Ola’s world’s largest scooter manufacturing unit in Hosur, with investment of Rs. 2,354 crore, with initial production capacity of 2million unit.
- Which state has become first in India to modernize the fire safety certification process completely through its portal “Fire Safety COP”?
5) PunjabAnswer-4) Gujarat
On December 13, 2020, Gujarat became the first state in the country that has approved a system to modernize fire safety certification process. In this regard, the approval and renewal of fire safety certification will be done entirely on the portal called Fire Safety COP, or Fire Safety Compliance Portal covering facilitation and empanelment of fire safety officers (FSOs) and approval and renewal of fire safety certificate (FSC) along with provision of online payment. The system has been designed by Gujarat Institute of Disaster Management (GIDM) under its director general PK Taneja.
- Which organisation has released the report, “Fundamentals first: Universal water, sanitation, and hygiene services in health care facilities for safe, quality care” highlighting the lack of WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) provision to 1.8 Billion people that could lead to COVID-19 and other diseases?
1) World Health Organization (WHO)
2) Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance
3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
4) Both 1 and 2
5) Both 1 and 3Answer-5) Both 1 and 3
In accordance with the World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) report, “Fundamentals first: Universal water, sanitation, and hygiene services in health care facilities for safe, quality care” around 1.8 billion people are at heightened risk of COVID-19 and other diseases because of lack of WASH provision. WASH stands for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Who will be provided essential public health functionaries through the USD 2 billion that India committed to provide during the World Health Organisation(WHO)’s ‘Lives In The Balance’ Summit 2020, on December 2020?
1) Syrian refugees
2) Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT)
3) Women and Transgender community
4) Women, newborns, young children and adolescents
5) Palestinian refugeesAnswer-4) Women, newborns, young children and adolescents
At the World Health Organisation(WHO)’s ‘Lives In The Balance’ Summit 2020 held on December 11, 2020, India pledged a commitment of USD 2 billion during 2020-2021 to strengthen all levels of care in response to COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure essential public health functions with focus on Women, newborns, young children and adolescents. The total commitment made by all the countries is USD 20.6 billion.
- Who is the chief guest of the 2nd Bangladesh-India Cotton Festival 2020 that was held at Hotel Radisson Blu Water Garden in Dhaka, Bangladesh?
1) Anil Kumar Gupta
2) Salman Fazlur Rahman
3) Vijay Govindarajan
4) Tarique Ahmed Siddique
5) Tarun BajajAnswer-2) Salman Fazlur Rahman
On December 12, 2020, the 2nd Bangladesh-India Cotton Festival 2020 was held at Hotel Radisson Blu Water Garden in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was jointly organized by Bangladesh Cotton Association (BCA), Bangladesh Textile Mills Association (BTMA), Indian Cotton Association Ltd. (ICAL), India-Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IBCCI). Bangladesh is projecting an import of around 9 million bales by the year 2021. Bangladesh Prime Minister’s Adviser Salman Fazlur Rahman was the chief guest of the fest.
- ‘#GotYouCovered Campaign’ was introduced by Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company Limited to appreciate frontline workers on the occasion of Universal Health Coverage Day 2020 that is observed annually on _____.
1) 10th December
2) 15th December
3) 12th December
4) 3rd December
5) 9th DecemberAnswer-3) 12th December
Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company Limited introduced ‘#GotYouCovered Campaign’, during the observation of Universal Health Coverage Day 2020 on December 12. The campaign is a special initiative to appreciate the frontline healthcare workers who are working to protect people from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Bharti AXA Life Insurance has partnered with Primero Skills & Training Pvt Ltd for its #GotYouCovered initiative.
- Which bank has extended a Line of Credit (LOC) of $448 million to the Government of Republic of Uzbekistan for financing in Roads & Transport, Water and Technology & Communication sectors?
1) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
2) Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank)
3) State Bank of Mauritius (SBM)
4) World Bank
5) Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of IndiaAnswer-2) Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank)
On December 12, 2020, Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank), on behalf of the Government of India, has extended a Line of Credit (LOC) of $448 million to the Government of Republic of Uzbekistan for financing the latter’s various projects in the Roads & Transport, Water and Technology & Communication sectors. Exim Bank has now in place 266 Lines of Credit, covering 62 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and the Oceania, with credit commitments of around $26.59 billion.
- Which Bank has partnered with Aceware to launch ‘AceMoney Micro ATM (Automated Teller Machine) service’ in Kochi, Kerala that enables money withdrawal from the comfort of home?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Axis Bank
4) Yes Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-5) ICICI Bank
On December 14, 2020 Aceware in association with ICICI Bank launched ‘AceMoney Micro ATM (Automated Teller Machine) service’ in Kochi, Kerala. This service will enable people to withdraw money from their bank account from home. The customers of all banks can avail this service. The money will be delivered, within 30 to 40 minutes of placing the order at the doorstep of the customer. The company also plans to expand this service to all the municipalities in the state by January 2021.
- Which organisation has set up a specialised department Corporation Finance Investigation Department (CFID) to tackle Promoters’ Fraud?
1) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
2) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
3) Association of Mutual Funds in India
4) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
5) Institute of Chartered Accountants of IndiaAnswer-4) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
Market watchdog Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has set up a specialised department Corporation Finance Investigation Department (CFID) to tackle initial public offering (IPO) proceed fraud, diversion of funds, bank loans and resources by company promoters. Nagendraa Parakh, who is currently heading Market Intermediaries Regulation and Supervision Department (MIRSD).
- Where did the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) decided to set up an Automated Banknote Processing Centre (ABPC) for Receipt, Storage & Dispatch of bank notes as of December, 2020?
1) Jaipur, Rajasthan
2) Kochi, Kerala
3) Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
4) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
5) Gurugram, HaryanaAnswer-1) Jaipur, Rajasthan
On December 13, 2020, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to set up an Automated Banknote Processing Centre (ABPC) in Jaipur, Rajasthan for automated receipt, storage of fresh banknotes received from the printing presses, and then retrieval and dispatch of these banknotes to the identified issue offices (IOs)/currency chests (CCs). The centre will also demolish destruction of soiled banknotes. This all process will be done in an automated manner.
The coins are minted at four mints viz, Mumbai (Maharashtra), Hyderabad (Telangana), Kolkata (West Bengal) and NOIDA (New Okhla Industrial Development Authority), Uttar Pradesh.
- Which organisation has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to enable e-commerce to Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in 10 Indian states?
2) Tata CliQ
5) AlibabaAnswer-3) Amazon
On December 9, 2020 At the 17th Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Global SME Business Summit 2020, CII signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Amazon India(amazon.in) to enable benefits of Electronic(e)-commerce to Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in 10 states across India. This will boost MSMEs domestic & international trade. CII and Amazon India aims to bring a digital transformation for MSMEs for these states, through this partnership.
- Which State government has recently signed 18 Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) for 24 projects with multiple companies attracting investment worth Rs. 24,248 Crores in the state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) HaryanaAnswer-4) Tamil Nadu
On 14th December, 2020 Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Edapaddi K Palaniswami signed 18 Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) for 24 projects with multiple companies attracting investment in the state, which has the potential to create 54,218 jobs in the state. Tamil Nadu government signed 18 MoU’s attracting an investment of Rs. 19,995 Crores with potential to create upto 26,509 jobs. CM Palanisamy laid the foundation stone for projects worth Rs. 4503 crore with potential to create upto 27,709 jobs.
- Which field does the recent launched ‘UNESCO-Bangladesh Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman International Prize’ by UNESCO adopted on its 210th Executive Board belongs to?
1) Innovative Pedagogy Education
2) Creative Economy
3) Inclusive Development
4) Climate Change Monitoring
5) Cultural DiversityAnswer-2) Creative Economy
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO) in its 210th Executive Board has unanimously adopted the proposal to launch a USD 50,000 ‘UNESCO-Bangladesh Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman International Prize’ for the Creative Economy. It is UNESCO’s 1st award in the field of the creative economy. The prize is named after Bangabandhu (Friend of Bengal) Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (Sheikh Mujib or Mujib), the ‘Father of the Nation of Bangladesh’. The award will be given from November 2021.The Prize will be established for an initial period of six years (2021-2027).
- Who has won the 11th edition of Social Entrepreneur of the Year (SEOY) Award – India 2020 for developing a generation of empathetic, sensitive youth?
1) Samir Chaudhuri
2) Jeroo Billimoria
3) Ashraf Patel
4) Smriti Irani
5) Avinash KumarAnswer-3) Ashraf Patel
On November 26, 2020 Ashraf Patel of Pravah & ComMutiny Youth Collective (CYC) named as the winner of the Social Entrepreneur of the Year (SEOY) Award – India 2020 at a virtual ceremony. The prize was presented by Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani, Union Minister of Women & Child Development & Textiles, Government of India. Ashraf Patel has been developing a generation of empathetic, sensitive youth change-makers through psycho-social interventions, that helps them to build more inclusive identities and societies that bring about revolutionary changes.
- Who won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on December, 2020?
1) Charles Leclerc
2) Sebastian Vettel
3) Lewis Hamilton
4) Valtteri Bottas
5) Max VerstappenAnswer-5) Max Verstappen
On 13th December, 2020 the Dutchman Max Verstappen won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020 in a crucial race, making his second win of the year. He made his first win of the year at the special 70th Anniversary Grand Prix held at the Silverstone Circuit in the United Kingdom.
- Who won Gold in the 10 m air rifle event at the 6th International Online Shooting Championship (IOSC) 2020 which saw online participants from 20 countries?
1) Martin Strempfl
2) Elavenil Valarivan
3) Yash Vardhan
4) Abhinav Bindra
5) Oleksandr HalkinAnswer-3) Yash Vardhan
On 13th December, 2020 Junior Asian Champion Yash Vardhan won gold medal in the 10 m air rifle event at the 6th International Online Shooting Championship (IOSC) 2020, the event saw the participation of Olympic bound Martin Strempfl of Austria who won the silver medal and Oleksandr Halkin from Ukraine won the bronze.
- For which field late Bannanje Govindacharya received Padma Shri in 2009?
1) Social work
4) Public Affairs
5) Civil ServiceAnswer-3) Literature
On 13th November 2020, Renowned Sanskrit scholar, Padma Shri Bannanje Govindacharya, passed away at the age of 84 due to age related ailments at his residence in Ambalpady in Udupi, Karnataka. He was a great orator and a well-known propagator of Madhwa ideology. He was born on 3rd August 1936 in Udupi, Karnataka. He received the Padma Shri for literature in 2009. He served as the brand ambassador of India at the 1979 World Conference on Religion and Peace held in Princeton, United States of America (USA).
- Which country does “The Golden Lion Award” winning movie director Kim Ki-duk belongs to?
5) South KoreaAnswer-5) South Korea
On 11th December, 2020 South Korean director Kim Ki-duk died at Lativa after getting infected by Corona virus. He is famously known for receiving the top prize “The Golden Lion Award” he received in Venice Film Festival with his 2012 film “Pieta”. The 59-year-old has won multiple awards in his career including the Best director at festivals in Venice and Berlin.
- Indian sports person, Dharmalingam Ethiraj represented which sport in the gold medal winning team at 1962 Asian Games?
On 11th December 2020, the former Indian Football player Dharmalingam Ethiraj passed away at the age of 87 at his residence in Bengaluru, Karnataka. He was a part of the Indian football team led by Chuni Goswami, which won the gold at 1962 Asian Games, Jakarta, Indonesia. He was born in 1934 in Ulsoor, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- When is the National Energy Conservation day celebrated annually in India?
1) 14th November
2) 14th December
3) 11th November
4) 11th December
5) 13th DecemberAnswer-2) 14th December
The National Energy Conservation day is annually celebrated across India on 14th December to create awareness among the general public about the importance of energy conservation for the present and the future. Every year the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), an agency of the Government of India, under the Ministry of Power organises the National Energy Conservation day with an aim to showcase the achievements of India in energy efficiency and conservation.
- Which wing of Armed Force conducts “Operation Oliva” to ensure safe breeding of Olive Ridley Turtles in Odisha?
1) Indian Navy
2) Indian Air Force
3) Strategic Forces Command
4) National Security Guard
5) Indian Coast GuardAnswer-5) Indian Coast Guard
The Indian Coast Guard has pressed into service an aircraft for ‘Operation Oliva’, the coastal patrolling as part of its annual mission to ensure the safe mid-sea sojourn of breeding Olive Ridley sea turtles in Odisha. In joint coordination with the state forest department, the turtle conservation programme is in full swing to keep watch and vigil on illegal fishing along the turtle concentration zone, said a Coast Guard official.
- Through which state does Chanan river flows?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) West BengalAnswer-2) Bihar
A Buddhist era archaeological site, discovered on the bank of Chanan river in Amarpur area of Banka district, might emerge as a place of interest for the entire world.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the governor of Tamil Nadu as on December, 2020?
1) C. Vidyasagar Rao
2) Ganga Prasad
3) Tamilisai Soundararajan
4) Banwarilal Purohit
5) Anandiben PatelAnswer- 4) Banwarilal Purohit
Banwarilal Purohit is an Indian politician who is the current and 14th Governor of Tamil Nadu. Having been appointed as the Governor of Tamil Nadu on 30 September 2017.
- Who is ranked as the world’s number 1 driver, as per Formula One rankings on December, 2020?
1) Charles Leclerc
2) Sebastian Vettel
3) Lewis Hamilton
4) Valtteri Bottas
5) Max VerstappenAnswer- 3) Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton from Team Mercedes is placed at the top driver spot as per Formula One rankings on December, 2020.
- Who is known as the “Father of the Nation” in Bangladesh?
1) Mahatma Gandhi
2) Muhammad Ali Jinnah
3) Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
4) Ziaur Rahman
5) Mohammad Zahir ShahAnswer-3) Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, shortened as Sheikh Mujib or just Mujib, was a Bangladeshi politician and statesman. He is called the “Father of the Nation” in Bangladesh. He served as the first President of Bangladesh and later as the Prime Minister of Bangladesh from 17 April 1971 until his assassination on 15 August 1975.
- What is the Tagline of ICICI Bank?
1) Together We Can
2) Your Own Bank
3) Banking Hatke
4) Banking For All, “Aao Sochein Bada”, Bank Aisa Dost Jaisa
5) Hum Hai Na, Khayal ApkaAnswer-5) Hum Hai Na, Khayal Apka
ICICI Bank is headquarters at Mumbai, Maharashtra, with a Tagline “Hum Hai Na, Khayal Apka”. Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO)of ICICI Bank is Sandeep Bakhshi.
- When was Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) established?
1) 12 April 1992
2) 1 April 1935
3) 1 July 1955
4) 20 February 1997
5) 8 April 1999Answer-1) 12 April 1992
The Securities and Exchange Board of India was established on April 12, 1992 in accordance with the provisions of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992.