AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download
- Which among of the following was the 2nd Edition of the Biennial Pan-India, Largest Coastal Defence Exercise coordinated by Indian Navy in January, 2021?
1) Ekuverin – 21
2) Surya Kiran – 21
3) Dharma Guardian
4) Sea Vigil – 21
Answer-4) Sea Vigil – 21
The Second Edition of the Biennial Pan-India, Largest Coastal Defence Exercise ‘Sea Vigil-21’ coordinated by Indian Navy took place from January 12-13, 2021. It was conducted along the entire 7516 Km coastline & Exclusive Economic Zone of India. The exercise was conducted to assess the Strengths and Weaknesses of India’s Coastal Defence & Maritime Security. ‘Sea Vigil 21’ is a build up towards the major Theatre level TROPEX (Theatre-level Readiness Operational Exercise) which Indian Navy conducts every 2 years.
- Who was the Brand ambassador of West Bengal, as of January 2021?
1) Akshay Kumar
2) Salman Khan
3) Amitabh Bachchan
4) Shah Rukh Khan
5) Deepika Padukone
Answer-4) Shah Rukh Khan
Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, was the brand ambassador of West Bengal, as of January 2021.
- Recently, in January 2021, the 5th National Kayakalp Awards for the year 2019-20 was awarded virtually by Union Minister Harsh Vardhan. Under which scheme was the National Initiative ‘Kayakalp’ launched?
1) PM Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)
2) PM Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
3) Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM)
4) Menstrual Hygiene Schemes (MHS)
5) PM Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY)
Answer-3) Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM)
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) launched the National Initiative ‘Kayakalp’ under Swachh Bharat Mission in 2015 to ensure Hygiene, Sanitation & Cleanliness in Public Health Facilities in India. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Virtually inaugurated the 5th National Kayakalp Awards for the year 2019-20. District Hospital Reasi of Jammu and Kashmir was awarded the First Prize of INR 50 Lakhs, JIPMER, Pondicherry was awarded the second price.
- Which State or Union Territory signed an MoU with North East Cane and Bamboo Development Council (NECBDC) to promote Bamboo Cultivation, in January, 2021?
3) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer-3) Jammu & Kashmir
On 13th January, 2021, Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the North East Cane and Bamboo Development Council (NECBDC) to promote Bamboo Cultivation and related entrepreneurship in the region. NECBDC will provide technical guidance in cultivating various species of Bamboo in the region. Currently, India stands second in Bamboo production only after China. Yet the annual import of bamboo based products worth Rs. 213 Crores.
- Which organisation recently registered itself as a private company with the Registrar of Companies in Bengaluru, Karnatakaas a first step to establish a Research & Development (R&D) unit in India, in January, 2021?
1) Tesla Inc
Answer-1) Tesla Inc
Tesla Inc, United States based Electric car maker has incorporated a fully owned subsidiary in Bengaluru, Karnataka as a first step to establish a Research & Development (R&D) unit in India. It has registered with the Registrar of Companies in Bengaluru, Karnataka as ‘Tesla India Motors and Energy Private Limited’. It has registered itself as a private company with an authorised capital of Rs 15 lakh.
- Which Payment Bank recently collaborated with Financial Software and Systems (FSS) to promote Financial Inclusion in underserved segments using FSS’ Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AePS), as of January, 2021?
1) India Post Payments Bank
2) Fino Payments Bank
3) Paytm Payments Bank
4) NSDL Payments Bank
5) Airtel Payments Bank.
Answer-1) India Post Payments Bank
On January 12, 2021, India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has collaborated with the leading payment processor and provider of integrated payment products, Financial Software and Systems (FSS) to promote Financial Inclusion in underserved and unbanked segments of India. To attain this purpose, IPPB will use FSS’ Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AePS). After this collaboration, IPPB bank has become the single-largest platform in India for providing interoperable banking services to customers of any bank.
- Which country recently signed 7 MoU’s with India during the 13th virtual Defence Security Dialogues, in January, 2021?
On January 12, 2021, 13th India-Vietnam Defence Security Dialogue was held virtually. Dr Ajay Kumar, Defence Secretary, Government of India & Lt Gen Nguyen Chi Vinh, Deputy Defence Minister, Socialist Republic of Vietnam co-chaired the meeting. Reviewed the progress made in Defence Industry and Technology cooperation and agreed for greater cooperation in the field. Vietnam has expressed interest in acquiring India’s Akash Air Defence System, Dhruv helicopters & BrahMos.
- Vaccine for which disease was stockpiled as a precautionary measure under the collaboration of World’s 4 leading Health and Humanitarian organisations UNICEF, WHO, IFRC & Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), as of January, 2021?
On 12th January, 2021 World’s four leading Health and Humanitarian organisations UNICEF, World Health Organisation (WHO), International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) collaborated to stockpile a global Ebola Vaccine with financial assistance from Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. The Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) on Immunization has recommended 500,000 doses of Ebola vaccine to be stockpiled, as a precautionary measure to the sudden Ebola outbreak.
- Where did Geological Survey of India (GSI) found promising concentrations of vanadium, in January 2021?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer-2) Arunachal Pradesh
The Geological Survey of India (GSI) found promising concentrations of vanadium in the palaeo-proterozoic carbonaceous phyllite rocks in the Depo and Tamang areas of Papum Pare district in Arunachal Pradesh. The largest deposits of vanadium of the world are in China, followed by Russia and South Africa.
- Where is India’s 1st Fire Park located, that recently got inaugurated in January, 2021?
On 5th January, 2021 Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik virtually inaugurated India’s first ‘Fire Park’ at Bhubaneshwar, Odisha. On that occasion CM Patnaik also launched the virtual platform ‘Agnishama Seva’ to provide through which 16 fire related services can be availed. The Fire Park is a first of its kind initiative to provide awareness on fire safety measures, mainly focusing on School and College students. It is located under the premises of the Odisha Fire and Disaster Academy in Bhubaneswar.