AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- _______________ had released the handbook named ‘Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Implementation’ (in Aug’ 21). Notably India has set the target of increasing its Electric Vehicle numbers to 30% by _________.
1) NITI Aayog, 2028
2) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, 2028
3) NITI Aayog, 2030
4) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, 2030
5) Ministry of Power, 2030
Answer-3) NITI Aayog, 2030
NITI Aayog had released the handbook named ‘Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Implementation’. India had set a goal of increasing the Electric Vehicle numbers to 30% by 2030.
i. The book will provide guidance to the state governments and local bodies about policy-making and setting up of norms related to charging networks for Electric vehicles.
- In August 2021, The total installed renewable energy capacity in India, excluding large Hydro, had crossed the milestone of __________, taking India to _____ position in the world in terms of installed Renewable Energy capacity.
1) 100 GW, 5th
2) 100 GW, 4th
3) 150 GW, 4th
4) 150 GW, 5th
5) 200 GW, 5th
Answer-2) 100 GW, 4th
The total installed renewable energy capacity in India, excluding large Hydro, had crossed the milestone of 100 Gigawatts with this, India holds 4th position in the world in terms of installed Renewable Energy capacity.
i. India has set the target of 450 GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030.
- Which institute signed an MoU with the National Health Authority (in Aug’ 21) to strengthen India’s response to the COVID-19 crisis?
1) IIT, Delhi
2) AIMS, Delhi
3) IIT, Mumbai
4) IIT, Guwahati
5) IISC, Bangalore
Answer-1) IIT, Delhi
NHA had signed an MoU with the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi to strengthen India’s response to the COVID-19 crisis. It will cater to the needs and priorities of the AB PM-JAY ecosystem (Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya).
- An integrated marketing communication Campaign, named ‘BADLAAV Humse Hai’ was launched (in Aug’ 21) by which organization?
1) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) ESAF Small Finance Bank.
4) Bandhan Bank
5) AU Small Finance Bank
Answer-5) AU Small Finance Bank
AU Small Finance Bank had launched its first integrated marketing communication Campaign ‘BADLAAV Humse Hai’. It will showcase the bank’s passion for innovation and represent it as a change maker in the Indian banking sector. It also launched the digital banking platform AU 0101.
About AU Small Finance Bank:
MD & CEO– Sanjay Agarwal Headquarter– Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Name the banking institution which signed an MoU with the Paralympic Committee of India (in Aug’ 21) to become one of the Banking Partners ahead of the Paralympic Games 2020 in Tokyo, Japan.
1) State Bank of India
2) Indian Bank
3) Union Bank of India
4) Bank of India
5) Central Bank of India
Answer-2) Indian Bank
Indian Bank signed a year-long MoU with the Paralympic Committee of India to become one of the Banking Partners ahead of the Paralympic Games 2020 in Tokyo, Japan.
About Indian Bank:
MD & CEO– Padmaja Chunduru
Headquarters– Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Tagline– Your Own Bank
- EXIM Bank of India will provide a Line of Credit of USD 100 Million for procurement of Defense items to which country (in Aug’ 21)?
4) Sri Lanka
The Export and Import Bank (EXIM) of India will provide LoC of USD 100 Million to the Government of Mauritius for procurement of Defense items.
i. EXIM bank till date has extended 6 LoCs to the Mauritius Government of a total value of USD 764.80 mn.
- Which city will host the 130th Edition of Durand cup, Football League in India?
1) Pine, Maharashtra
2) Kolkata, West Bengal
3) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
4) Jaipur, Rajasthan
5) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Answer-2) Kolkata, West Bengal
The 130th Edition of Durand Cup, an annual Domestic Football League in India will be held in Kolkata, West Bengal.
Durand cup is the World’s 3 Oldest & Asia’s Oldest Football tournament started in 1888.
About All India Football Federation
President – Praful Patel
Headquarters – New Delhi
- Identify the person who authored “Art Cinema And India’s Forgotten Futures”.
1) Rochona Majumdar
2) Anuradha Roy
3) Sudha Murty
4) Bimal Jalan
5) Kareena Kapoor
Answer-1) Rochona Majumdar
Film historian Rochona Majumdar authored the book titled “Art Cinema And India’s Forgotten Futures: Film And History in the Postcolony”. It examines the major works of Indian art cinema and their impacts on the most influential insights of postcolonial thought.
- Which state government introduced ‘Indira Gandhi Urban Credit Card Scheme 2021’ (in Aug’ 21) to provide interest-free loans up to Rs 50,000?
The state government of Rajasthan introduced Indira Gandhi Urban Credit Card Scheme 2021 to provide interest-free loans up to Rs 50,000 for one year. It will create self-employment opportunities in the urban areas.
- Identify the Country that is wrongly matched with its Capital:
1) Turkey – Ankara
2) Lebanon – Beirut
3) Egypt – Cairo
4) Pakistan – Kabul
5) Iran – Tehran
Answer-4) Pakistan – Kabul
Kabul is the Capital city of Afghanistan, Whereas Islamabad is the Capital city of Pakistan.