AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 April 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- In April 2022, the “SVANidhi se Samriddhi” programme was launched in an additional 126 cities across 14 states and UTs to provide an affordable working capital loan to street vendors.
The “SVANidhi se Samriddhi” is an additional programme of PM SVANidhi under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
2) Ministry of Rural Development
3) Ministry of Women and Child Development
4) Ministry of Labour and Employment
5) Ministry of Health and Family WelfareAnswer- 1) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Secretary Manoj Joshi, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched ‘SVANidhi se Samriddhi’ program in additional 126 cities across 14 States/ UTs (Union Territories), in the presence of senior officials of States/UTs and various Central Ministries.
About SVANidhi se Samriddhi:
i. Launched in 2021 in 125 cities, it is an additional program of PM SVANidhi (Prime Minister Street Vendors AtmaNirbhar Nidhi) which has been implementing by MoHUA since 1st June 2020 to provide an affordable working capital loan to Street Vendors and has successfully crossed the 30 Lakh mark.
ii. Quality Council of India (QCI) is the implementing partner for the programme.
- Name the organisation that recently (in April ’22) launched an “India Alumni Portal” as a platform to connect with foreign students around the world who have studied in India.
1) Indian Council for Cultural Relations
2) National Council for Teacher Education
3) University Grants Commission
4) Indian Council of Medical Research
5) National Assessment and Accreditation CouncilAnswer- 1) Indian Council for Cultural Relations
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) launched an India Alumni Portal which acts as a platform to connect with foreign students around the world who have studied in India.
i. The minister of state for External Affairs (MEA) Meenakshi Lekhi launched the portal with the presence of ICCR president Dr. Vinay Sahasrabuddhe.
ii. The portal connects ICCR scholars who can be India’s best ambassadors too and also offers invaluable soft projection across their personal and professional lives.
- Name the personality who recently (in April’22) won the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2021 India.
1) Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
2) Roshni Nadar
3) Leena Tewari
4) Falguni Nayar
5) Chanda KochharAnswer- 4) Falguni Nayar
Falguni Nayar, founder & CEO of Nykaa, has been named the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2021 India.It is the 23rd edition in India. She will represent India at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award (WEOY) on June 9, 2022, in Monaco.
i. Lifetime Achievement Award: A M Naik, group chairman of Larsen & Toubro.
ii. The awards were distributed at a ceremony in Mumbai (Maharashtra), where Bhupender Yadav, the Union Minister of Labour and Employment, as well as the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, was the chief guest of the event.
About EY Entrepreneur of The Year Award 2021 India
EY Entrepreneur Of the Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs.
- Who was recently (in April ’22) appointed as the 23rd Prime Minister (PM) of Pakistan by securing 174 votes out of 342?
1) Raja Pervaiz Ashraf
2) Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
3) Mian Mohammad Shehbaz Sharif
4) Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain
5) Shaukat AzizAnswer- 3) Mian Mohammad Shehbaz Sharif
The National Assembly of Pakistan, elected Mian Mohammad Shehbaz Sharif as 23rd Prime Minister (PM) of Pakistan. Shehbaz Sharif, President of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) party secured 174 votes out of 342 (Whereas a winning candidate needs to get only 172 votes).
Following which a No-Confidence Motion was raised and removed Imran Khan from the office of Prime Minister, which makes Imran Khan becoming the First PM in Pakistan’s history to get removed by No-Confidence motion.
- Which ministry recently (in April’22) launched 3 smart Indigenous Intelligent Transportation Systems solutions for Indian Traffic Scenario under the InTranSE – II program?
1) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
2) Ministry of Science and Technology
3) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
4) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
5) Ministry of Rural DevelopmentAnswer- 1) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched three smart
Indigenous Intelligent Transportation Systems solutions for Indian Traffic Scenario under Intelligent Transportation System Endeavour for Indian Cities (InTranSE – II) Phase-II program. The three Solutions are –
Onboard Driver Assistance and Warning System (ODAWS)
Bus Signal Priority System
Common SMart iot Connectiv (CoSMiC)
i. The Products are jointly developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) and Mahindra and Mahindra as the Industrial Collaborator.
- Which city will host the 2026 Commonwealth Games (CWG)?
1) Birmingham, England
2) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3) Victoria, Australia
4) Glasgow, Scotland
5) Victoria, CanadaAnswer- 3) Victoria, Australia
Australia’s Victoria state will be the host for 2026 Commonwealth Games (CWG). The 2026 Games will be held in four towns such as Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo and Gippsland of Australia. i. The opening ceremony will be held at Australia’s largest cricket stadium – the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). MCG can hold 100,000 spectators.
ii. So far Victoria state has announced 16 sports for the 2026 Games, which includes aquatics, cycling and Twenty20 cricket.
About Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF):
President – Dame Louise Martin DBE
Headquarters – United Kingdom
- Who recently (in April’ 22) won the Formula One (F1) Australian Grand Prix2022, held in Melbourne, Australia?
1) Sergio Pérez
2) Charles Leclerc
3) Max Verstappen
4) Valtteri Bottas
5) Lewis HamiltonAnswer-2) Charles Leclerc
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc won a Pole-to-Flag victory with the fastest time gap of 20.524 seconds at the Australian Grand Prix 2022 by scoring 26 points, which was held at the Albert Park Circuit, Melbourne, Australia.
i. Charles Leclerc has claimed his second win of the Formula 1 season following the victory of Season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix 2022, Sakir, Bahrain.
ii. Sergio Pérez (Red Bull Racing-RBPT – Mexico) came second while George Russell (Mercedes – Britain) came third.
- In April 2022, who won the silver medal in men’s singles at the Orléans Masters 2022, a badminton tournament held in Orleans, France
1) Srikanth Kidambi
2) Prannoy Kumar
3) Mithun Manjunath
4) Lakshya Sen
5) B. Sai PraneethAnswer-3) Mithun Manjunath
Indian shuttler Mithun Manjunath has won silver in Men’s Singles at the Orléans Masters 2022 was a badminton tournament held from 29th March to 3rd April 2022 in Orleans, France.
i. Women’s doubles pair of Ashwini Bhat and Shikha Gautam has won the bronze in Women’s doubles at the tournament.
- The ______ anniversary of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre was observed across India on 13th April 2022.
5) 100thAnswer-1) 103rd
13th April 2022 marks the 103rd anniversary of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre, which is also known as the Amritsar massacre, which took place on 13th April 1919.
i. The commemoration of the anniversary of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre aims to pay homage to all the people who were martyred during the massacre.
ii. On 13th April 1919, more than hundreds of people who were protesting peacefully against the Rowlatt Acts were gunned down by the British forces led by British Indian Army officer Brigadier-General Reginald Edward Harry Dyer(R E H Dyer).
- The 38th Siachen Day 2022 was observed by the Indian Army on _________ to commemorate the “Operation Meghdoot”.
1) 9th April 2022
2) 12th April 2022
3) 10th April 2022
4) 13th April 2022
5) 11th April 2022Answer-4) 13th April 2022
Siachen Day is annually observed by the Indian Army on 13th April, since 1984, to commemorate the Indian Army’s “Operation Meghdoot”. The day also honours the courage of the soldiers of the Indian Army who continue to guard the Siachen Glacier.
13th April 2022 marks the observance of the 38th Siachen Day.i. Operation Meghdoot was the codename of the Indian Armed Forces’ operation to seize
control of the Siachen Glacier in Kashmir and pre-empt Pakistan from occupying the Saltoro ridge and Siachen Glacier.
ii. Siachen Glacier, 76 kilometres long, one of the world’s longest mountain glaciers, lies in the Karakoram Range system of Kashmir near the India-Pakistan border.