AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 April 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the State Energy & Climate Index (SECI)-Round I April 2022?
A) NITI Aayog launched its 2nd State Energy & Climate Index (SECI)-Round I April 2022 based on 2020-21 data.
B) Maharashtra, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu are the top 3 among larger states while Goa, Tripura, and Manipur are top 3 among smaller states.
C) Among UTs, Chandigarh ranked 1st followed by Delhi, and Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only B
5) Only CAnswer- 5) Only C
NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog has launched the 1st State Energy & Climate Index (SECI)-Round I April 2022 at an event chaired by Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog. It is based on 2019-20 data.
i. The states of Gujarat, Kerala, and Punjab are the top 3 among larger states while Goa, Tripura, and Manipur are top 3 among smaller states.
ii. Among UTs, Chandigarh, Delhi, and Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli ranked 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively.
iii. SECI is the first index that aims to track the efforts made by States and Union Territories (UTs) in the climate and energy sector.
- Which organisation recently (in April ’22) signed an MoU with SJVN Limited to Develop Renewable Projects for Indian Railways?
1) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
2) Railway Energy Management Company Limited
3) Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd
4) Only 1 & 2
5) Only 2 & 3Answer-Only 1 & 2
SJVN (Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam) Limited, a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) of the Government of India has signed an MoU with engineering firm BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited) and REMC Limited (Railway Energy Management Company) to develop renewable energy projects for the Indian Railways.
i. The signing of the MoU would bring in a new age of more efficient power consumption in the Indian Railways, as well as more competitive tariffs for the benefit of consumers.
ii. According to the MoU inked, all parties will collaborate to harness their core strengths in project development to establish renewable energy projects for Indian Railways.
- Which organisation recently (in April’22) launched Anti-Human Trafficking Cell to Tackle Human Trafficking Cases?
1) National Commission for Women
2) Narcotics Control Bureau
3) National Commission for Protection of Child Rights
4) National Human Rights Commission of India
5) National Investigation AgencyAnswer- 1) National Commission for Women
National Commission for Women (NCW) has launched Anti-Human Trafficking Cell to improve effectiveness in tackling human trafficking cases. The cell aims to raise awareness among women and girls and to facilitate capacity building and training of anti-trafficking units.
i. The complaints related to human trafficking received by the NCW will be addressed by this cell.
- Under which scheme the National Health Authority recently (in April’22) launched the Unified Health Interface (UHI) to provide interoperable digital health service delivery like tele-consultations?
1) Universal Health Insurance Scheme
2) Central Government Health Scheme
3) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
4) Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
5) Aam Aadmi Bima YojanaAnswer-4) Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
The National Health Authority launched the Unified Health Interface (UHI) under the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
i. UHI is an open network designed to enable interoperable digital health service delivery like tele-consultations. At present there are no open protocols defined for delivery of digital health services.
ii. The UHI is powered and versioned by Decentralised Health Protocols (DHP) built by an open community of developers and deployed on a gateway built by NHA.
- Which bank recently (in April’22) partnered with Mashreq Neo to open Non-Resident (NR) Accounts for Indians in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)?
1) YES bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) Federal Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-3) Federal Bank
Mashreq Neo has tied up with Federal Bank to enable its United Arab Emirates (UAE)-based Indian customers to open Non-Resident (NR) accounts with the Federal Bank in India instantly through the Neo app.
i. Customers are able to view the balance in their NR accounts with Federal Bank on the Mashreq Neo App.
ii. Mashreq Neo is a full-service digital bank from Mashreq Bank in Dubai, UAE.
- Identify the book that recently (in April’22) received the O.Henry Prize for Short Fiction 2022 which was authored by Amar Mitra in bengali (Gaonburo) and translated by Anish Gupta.
1) Fish Stories
2) The Little Widow from the Capital
3) An Unlucky Man
4) A Way with Bea
5) The Old Man of Kusumpur in 1990Answer-5) The Old Man of Kusumpur in 1990
Bengali writer Amar Mitra received the O.Henry Prize for Short Fiction 2022,the oldest major prize for short fiction in America.
i. He received the prize for the English fiction of his 45 years old novel “Gaonburo” in Bengali, which has been translated into English as The Old Man of Kusumpur in 1990. The english one was translated by Anish Gupta.
ii. Amar Mitra won the Sahitya Akademi Award (India’s top literary award) for his novel Dhurbaputra in 2006.
iii. The O. Henry Award is the only yearly award given to short stories of exceptional merit.
- Who recently (in April 22) replaced Harsh Vardhan Shringla as Foreign Secretary of India with effect from 30th April, 2022?
1) Sujatha Singh
2) Vinay Mohan Kwatra
3) Ranjan Mathai
4) Nirupama Rao
5) Vijay Keshav GokhaleAnswer- 2) Vinay Mohan Kwatra
Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Vinay Mohan Kwatra as the new Foreign Secretary of India replacing the current foreign secretary, Harsh Vardhan Shringla, who will superannuate on 30th April 2022.
i. At present, Kwatra is serving as India’s Ambassador to Nepal in Kathmandu, since March 2020. He will take charge as foreign secretary on 30th April 2022.
- Name the Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) that was recently (in April’22) successfully flight tested by India at Pokhran, Rajasthan.
5) JasmineAnswer-2) Helina
On 11th April 2022, India successfully flight tested an Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) ‘Helina (Helicopter based NAG)’ from an indigenously-developed Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) at high-altitude ranges in Pokhran, Rajasthan.
i. The test was jointly conducted by the scientists of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Indian Army and Indian Air Force (IAF).
ii. The Helina (the Army version) is the helicopter-launched versions of third-generation anti-tank guided missiles (the Nag missile system) which weighs around 45 kg, is 6 feet in length and 7.9 inches in diameter. It is one of the most advanced ATGM in the world with a maximum range of 7Kms. The Air Force variant of Helina is named Dhruvastra.
Note- As part of the ongoing user validation trials, indigenously-developed Anti-Tank Guided Missile ‘HELINA’ was again successfully flight-tested from Advanced Light Helicopter on April 12, 2022. This is the second successful flight-test in successive days.
- The International Day of Human Space Flight 2022 was observed across the globe by the United Nations (UN) on _________.
1) 12th April 2022
2) 10th April 2022
3) 8th April 2022
4) 11th April 2022
5) 9th April 2022Answer-1) 12th April 2022
The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Human Space Flight 2022 was observed across the globe on 12th April 2022 to mark the beginning of the space era for mankind.
i. The day also marks the anniversary of the first human space flight carried out by Yuri Gagarin, a Soviet citizen who made the first human space flight when he orbited the Earth in a Vostok 1 spacecraft.
ii. The first-ever International Day of Human Space Flight was observed on 12th April 2011.
- Which State/UT government recently (in April’22) launched “AVSAR portal” to connect the aspiring youths with industry?
2) Jammu and Kashmir
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) New Delhi
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-2) Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha has launched AVSAR portal to connect the aspiring youths with industry in J&K.
i. As a part of Connect to Opportunities Initiative, Mission Youth and Vision India has signed an agreement for providing job opportunities to the Youths of J&K through the AVSAR Portal.
ii. The mission aims to provide more than 10,000 jobs by 2022, by acting as an interface between industry and the skilled workforce from J&K.
iii. The mission will be onboarding all Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) and other technical institutions in the Union Territory for the producing best enterprising youths with industry ready skill sets.