AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs May 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 13 May 2021
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In May 2021, The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) made changes to the Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU) Scheme Phase-II.
Correctly identify the changes that were made to the CPSU Scheme:
A) Traffic Charged on Power Distribution Companies were revised to Rs. 2.45/unit
B) Maximum Permissible Viability Gap Funding (VGF) is revised to Rs. 0.55 crores/MegaWatt
C) Only Government organizations are eligible to avail the benefits of the scheme
1) Only A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A
4) Only A & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-1) Only A, B & C
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has released new guidelines for implementation of Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU) Scheme Phase-II.
i.Revised Maximum Tariff (charged on Power Distribution Companies) – INR 2.45/unit.
ii.Reduced the Maximum Permissible Viability Gap Funding (VGF) to INR 0.55 Crore/MegaWatt (MW).
iii.Eligible Organisations – PSUs/Government Organisations who are under administrative control or have 50% shareholding of Central/State Government.
- In 2021, Area of Cultivation of Summer Crops increased by 21.58% compared to 2020. What is the main cause behind this change?
1) Increase in Agricultural Exports
2) Increase in Cultivation area for Oilseeds
3) Higher Workforce involving in Agriculture due to Covid-19
4) Increase in Cultivation area for Pulses
5) Higher domestic consumption of produces, linked with Covid-19Answer-4) Increase in Cultivation area for Pulses
Area of Cultivation of Summer Crops increased by 21.58% in 2021 from 2020. i.e.Summer crops were Cultivated in 80.02 lakh hectares in 2021 as against 65.82 lakh hectares in 2020 due to the increase in cultivation area of Pulses.
- The ‘Renewable Energy Market Update – Outlook for 2021 and 2022’ report stated that India’s addition of Renewable Energy Capacity declined by 50% in 2020.
What are the points that are correct with respect to the report?
A) The report was released by International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
B) Of the Global Renewable Energy Capacity of 280 GW, India accounts for 5.62 GW of capacity
C) China accounts for 50% of the Global Renewable Energy capacity added in 2020
1) Only A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A
4) Only A & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-2) Only B & C
According to the new report ‘Renewable Energy Market Update – Outlook for 2021 and 2022’ released by International Energy Agency (IEA), India’s Renewable Energy capacity addition declined by almost 50% to 5.62 GigaWatts (GW) in 2020 (compared to 2019).
i.At the end of 2020, the Global renewable energy capacity was almost 280 GW.
iii.While China alone accounted for more than 50% of all the new renewable energy projects in 2020.
ii.The International Energy Agency (IEA) is headquartered at Paris, France.
- Which bank’s mobile app in partnership with Shivrai Technologies launched “Farmizo Khata” a farm accounting mobile app?
1) CANDI by Canara Bank
2) Mobile+ by IDBI Bank
3) YONO by SBI
4) M-Connect Plus by Bank of Baroda
5) iMobile by ICICI BankAnswer-3) YONO by SBI
Shivrai Technologies partnered with leading digital banking platform, Yono SBI to launch a B2C Farm accounting mobile application, Farmizo Khata.
- India’s GDP was projected to grow by 7.5% in 2021 as per the World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) report released in May 2021.
Identify the points that are correct with respect to the report:
A) WESP report was released by World Economic Forum
B) India’s GDP is projected to grow at 10.1% in 2022
C) Global economy is projected to grow by 2.4% in 2021
1) Only B & C
2) Only C
3) Only A & C
4) Only B
5) Only A & BAnswer-2) Only C
In its mid-year report of the World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP), United Nations (UN) has increased India’s GDP growth forecast for the calendar year 2021 to 7.5 %, a 0.2 percent increase from its earlier projection (January 2021 projection – 7.3%) following a contraction of 6.8 % (-6.8) in 2020.
i.The report forecasted India’s GDP to grow at 10.1% in 2022.
ii.The global economy is projected to expand by 5.4% in 2021 following a sharp contraction of 3.6% in 2020.
- Who became (in May 2021) the 1st woman of Asian heritage to receive the World Food Prize?
1) Shakuntala Haraksingh Thilsted
2) Lily Kong
3) Roshni Nadar Malhotra
4) Melanie Perkins
5) Zhao YanAnswer-1) Shakuntala Haraksingh Thilsted
Indian Descent Dr Shakuntala Haraksingh Thilsted, a native of Trinidad and Tobago and a citizen of Denmark, won the 2021 World Food Prize for her research, insights and innovations in developing holistic, nutrition-sensitive approaches to aquaculture and food systems. She becomes the first woman of Asian heritage to receive this award.
- Which company received the Green Urja Award 2021 conferred by Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC)?
1) Solar Energy Corporation of India
2) NHPC Limited
3) India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited
4) Power Finance Corporation
5) Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency LimitedAnswer-5) Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) under the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) won the Green Urja Award 2021 for its developmental role towards Green Energy Financing.
The award was conferred by the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- NASA’s OSIRIS-REx spacecraft that collected rock samples from _________ Asteroid will return to earth by 2023.
5) BennuAnswer-5) Bennu
NASA’s Spacecraft Origins, Spectral Interpretation, Resource Identification, Security, Regolith Explorer (OSIRIS-REx), started its 2-year long journey towards earth with the samples- rocks and dust -collected from the Asteroid Bennu.
i.The Spacecraft will orbit the sun twice before delivering the samples to the Earth in September 2023.
- Name the autobiography of Arjuna Award winning Table Tennis player Venugopal Chandrasekhar, who passed away in May 2021.
1) My fightback from Death’s Door
2) Ace Against Odds
3) Playing to Win
4) Touched by God: How We Won the Mexico ’86 World Cup
5) One Life is Not EnoughAnswer-1) My fightback from Death’s Door
Arjuna Awardee Venugopal Chandrasekhar, former Indian Table Tennis(TT) player passed away due to COVID-19 related complications in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
His Autobiography titled “My fightback from Death’s Door” was published in 2006
- Who authored the book “1971: The Beginning of India’s Cricketing Greatness”?
1) Boria Majumdar
2) Joy Bhattacharjya
3) Gautam Bhattacharya
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 1 & 3Answer-5) Both 1 & 3
A Book titled “1971: The Beginning of India’s Cricketing Greatness” by Boria Majumdar and Gautam Bhattacharya
i.Boria Majumdar, is the co-author of Sachin Tendulkar’s autobiography Playing It My Way.
ii.Gautam Bhattacharya, is the co-author of Sourav Ganguly’s book A Century is Not Enough.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification