AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download
- Which country was the largest manufacturer of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Kits & Suits, as of January, 2021?
5) ChinaAnswer-5) China
Union Minister for Textiles, Smriti Irani has stated that India has become the 2nd Largest Manufacturer of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Kits & Suits, China is the leading manufacturer. India has achieved the feat in a record 3 months’ time during the lockdown caused by Pandemic in March 2020.
- National Aluminium Company Ltd (NALCO) will allocate Rs 22,000 crore for construction of a 1400-MW feeder captive power plant (CPP) in _________.
1) Koraput, Odisha
2) Jindal, Chhattisgarh
3) Mundra, Gujarat
4) Korba, Chhattisgarh
5) Angul, OdishaAnswer-5) Angul, Odisha
Union minister Pralhad Joshi said the state-run National Aluminium Company Ltd (NALCO) will invest around Rs 30,000 crore for its ambitious expansion and diversification projects in the next six to seven years (2027-28), which will help achieve the Centre’s goal of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’. Of which Rs 22,000 crore will be spent on the expansion of the company’s aluminium smelter unit and construction of a 1400-MW feeder captive power plant (CPP) in Angul.
- What was the renewed age limit for appearing in Jammu and Kashmir Administrative Services Exam, as of January, 2021?
5) 32Answer-5) 32
In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the government has reduced the age limit of the aspirants of Jammu and Kashmir Administrative Services Exam from 37 years to 32 years. The age limit in Uttar Pradesh and other states was 35 to 40 years but J&K government reduced it to 32 years which will prove detrimental to the aspirants.
- Which state government recently approved the ‘One Time Settlement (OTS) Scheme for Recovery of Outstanding Dues – 2021’ for Traders, in January 2021?
5) JharkhandAnswer-4) Punjab
On January 11, 2021, Punjab Cabinet led by Chief Minister Captain Amarinder singh approved the ‘One Time Settlement (OTS) Scheme for Recovery of Outstanding Dues – 2021’ for Traders to clear their Pending Arrears. The OTS will help Traders to settle their Pending arrears under the Punjab Value Added Tax. Based on assessments conducted for 2013-14, around 40, 000 plus dealers with demand of up to INR 1 Lakh will get 90% relief in Tax & 100 % relief in Interest & Penalty.
- What was the predicted Gross Non-Performing Assets (GNPAs) by September 2021 as per the 22nd bi-annual Financial Stability Report (FSR) 2021 of RBI?
5) 8.6%Answer-2) 13.5%
On January 11, 2021, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the 22nd issue of its bi-annual Financial Stability Report (FSR) 2021. It stated that gross non-performing assets (GNPAs) may rise to 13.5% by September 2021, from 7.5% in September 2020 under the baseline scenario. In case of severe stress scenario, it is projected that the GNPA ratio will rise to 14.8% which would be 24-year high.
- What was the GDP growth rate for 2022 as per the predictions of ICRA, in January, 2021?
2) – 6.3%
3) – 3.6%
5) 4.6%Answer-4) 10.1%
In accordance with the report by rating agency ICRA (formerly Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency of India Limited), India’s real GDP (Gross Domestic Product) will expand by 10.1% in FY2022 with multi-speed recovery. However, in absolute terms India’s GDP will “mildly” surpass the levels of FY20. The rating agency had projected an 8% contraction for FY21.
- Which organisation recently signed an MoU with National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) for the digital transformation of MSMEs, in January, 2021?
4) Bharti Airtel
5) MicrosoftAnswer-4) Bharti Airtel
Bharti Airtel signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) for the digital transformation of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in order to achieve the goal of “Atma Nirbhar Bharat”. With this MSMEs will be served with business automation and connectivity needs viz. data/voice connectivity, marketing solutions, cloud security and collaboration. MSMEs are an important part of Indian economy with over 60 million business units, contributing upto 29% of India’s GDP.
- Which state received the 1st Prize in the State Designated Agencies Category for its effective energy conservation programme at the 30th National Energy Conservation Awards 2020?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) KeralaAnswer-5) Kerala
On 11th January 2020, the Ministry of Power in association with the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) organized the 30th National Energy Conservation Awards 2020 (NECA 2020). R.K. Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power and New & Renewable Energy was the Chief Guest of the event. Energy Management Centre, Kerala bagged the 1st Prize in the State Designated Agencies Category for its effective energy conservation programme.
- What was the theme of 4th edition of One Planet Summit (OPS) 2021 that was virtually organised by France?
1) Attaining the 2030 Agenda: Delivering on our Promise
2) Green Economy towards Poverty Eradication
3) Towards 2030 Goals: Making the Decade Count
4) Let’s act together for nature!
5) Climate Change in the time of PandemicAnswer-4) Let’s act together for nature!
On January 11, 2021, 4th edition of One Planet Summit (OPS) 2021 was virtually organized by France, the United Nations (UN) and the World Bank from Paris (France) to prepare negotiations for setting global biodiversity targets in order to protect nature in the next decade. The theme of the summit is “Let’s act together for nature!”. These negotiations will be utilized at a UN conference on biodiversity to be held in China in October 2021. The summit was not attended by India, Brazil, Russia, and the United States (US).
- Padma Bhushan awardee, late Prof Shashikumar Madhusudan(M.) Chitre was a globally renowned ____________.
5) GeologistAnswer-2) Astrophysicist
On January 11, 2021 Prof Shashikumar Madhusudan(M.) Chitre, globally renowned astrophysicist and mathematician passed away at the age of 84 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He received many awards including Padma Bhushan in 2012 for Science and Engineering & Indian National Science Academy(INSA) Vainu Bappu Memorial Medal – 1995 among others.