AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which is the 1st Indian City to be Certified as “Water Plus City” by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs under Swachh Bharat Mission – Water Plus?
1) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
2) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
3) Gurugram, Haryana
4) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
5) Hyderabad, Telangana
Answer-1) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has declared Indore, Madhya Pradesh, as the 1st ‘water plus’ city of India.
i.Indore received the 1st Swachh Certification of Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) Water Plus from the MoHUA under the Swachh Survekshan 2021.
ii.The certification is awarded to cities for maintaining cleanliness in rivers & proper administration of drains.
- In August 2021, the 5th edition of National Public Procurement Conclave 2021 was organised by Government e-Marketplace in partnership with which organisation?
1) Quality Council of India
3) Confederation of Indian Industry
4) NITI Aayog
Answer-3) Confederation of Indian Industry
The Government e-Marketplace in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organized the 5th edition of National Public Procurement Conclave 2021 (NPCC 2021) in August, 2021.
i.Theme of the Conclave was “Technology enabled Government Procurement – Towards Efficiency, Transparency, and Inclusiveness”.
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the “Quality of Life for Elderly Index 2021” that was released by the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister:
A) The report was prepared by Institute for Competitiveness, which analysed 4 key sectors – Financial Well-being, Social Well-being, Health System, & Income Security
B) India’ National average was lowest in the Income Security domain
C) Among the Aged states category, Rajasthan topped the list while Telangana scored the lowest
1) Only A & B
2) Only C
3) All A, B & C
4) Only B
5) Only A & C
Answer-3) All A, B & C
The Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) released the Quality of Life for Elderly Index 2021 measuring the quality of life led by the elderly in India. It has been created by the Institute for Competitiveness (IFC) at the request of EAC-PM.
i.The index analyzed across 4-key domains: Financial Well-being, Social Well-being, Health System, & Income Security. Where the National average score was lowest in Income Security.
ii.Rajasthan has topped the ranking among Aged states, while Telangana scored the lowest.
- Who led the Indian delegations in the 15th Foreign Office Consultation between India & Singapore that took place virtually?
1) Nirmala Sitharaman
2) Riva Ganguly
3) T. V. Somanathan
4) Meenakshi Lekhi
5) V. Muraleedharan
Answer-2) Riva Ganguly
The 15th round of Foreign Office Consultation between India & Singapore took place virtually. The Indian side was led by Riva Ganguly, Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs, where both sides discussed ways to strengthen economic engagement.
President – Halimah Yacob
Currency – Singapore dollar
- India’s _______________ was awarded as the “Best Airport in India & Central Asia” for the 3rd consecutive time in the ‘Skytrax World Airport Awards’, while Hamad International Airport from ____________ was ranked as the World’s Best Airport.
1) Chennai International Airport; UAE
2) Indira Gandhi International Airport; UAE
3) Kempegowda International Airport; Qatar
4) Indira Gandhi International Airport; Qatar
5) Chennai International Airport; Qatar
Answer-4) Indira Gandhi International Airport; Qatar
In the Skytrax World Airport Awards 2021 list, Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport secured 45th rank, while Qatar’s Hamad International Airport topped the rankings. Delhi’s IGI has been awarded as the ‘Best Airport in India & Central Asia’ for the 3rd Consecutive time.
- Identify the country that hosted the 11th Annual meeting of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) in August 2021.
Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India and the current chairman of FEMBoSA, Sushil Chandra inaugurated the 11th Annual meeting of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) for the year 2021.
The virtual meeting was hosted by the Election Commission of Bhutan, under the theme – “Use of Technology in Elections”.
- Which is the 1st Indian Cryptocurrency Exchange to become a Unicorn Company?
CoinDCX has become the first Indian cryptocurrency exchange to grab the title of ‘unicorn’ with valuation to $1.1 billion (Rs 8,150 crore). The exchange achieved this status after a $90-million (Rs 668 crore) Series-C funding round, led by Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin’s B Capital.
- Name the organisation that partnered (in Aug’21) with SBM Bank India for financing agri-traders and agri-entrepreneurs
1) ProConnect Supply Chain Solutions
2) Arya Collateral Warehousing Services
3) Self Storage Warehouse India
4) Nedlloyd Logistics India
5) Right Warehousing Solutions
Answer-2) Arya Collateral Warehousing Services
Agritech start-up and India’s 1st Post Harvest Solutions Platform, Arya Collateral Warehousing Services Private Ltd (Arya) made a partnership with State Bank of Mauritius-India (SBM Bank India) for commodity financing to agri-traders and agri-entrepreneurs across the country.
- In August 2021, a total of ______ Banks partnered to form – “Secondary Loan Market Association” under the Chairmanship of _____________ to deal with corporate loans in the secondary market.
1) 15; Sanjay Srivastava
2) 10; Dinesh Kumar Khara
3) 10; Sanjay Srivastava
4) 5; Dinesh Kumar Khara
5) 15; Sanjay Srivastava
Answer-3) 10; Sanjay Srivastava
On August 11, 2021, the 10 major banks including State Bank of India (SBI) and ICICI bank formed a Secondary Loan Market Association (SLMA) with an online platform for trading corporate loans in the secondary market.
•Sanjay Srivastava is the Chairman of SLMA.
- In August 2021, RBI introduced a penalty of Rs 10,000/ATM for unavailability of Cash in an ATM for more than _________________________
1) 10 hours/day
2) 10 hours/month
3) 24 hours/month
4) 5 hours/day
5) 5 hours/week
Answer-2) 10 hours/month
In August 2021, RBI introduced a scheme named ‘Scheme of Penalty for non-replenishment of ATMs’ to levy monetary charges/Penalty on Banks & White Label ATM Operators (WLAOs) for unavailability of cash in Automated Teller Machines (ATMs).
i.RBI will issue a penalty of Rs 10,000 per ATM/ WLAs for banks for Cash-out for more than 10 hours in a month.
ii.RBI imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 10 lakh on Gadhinglaj Urban Co-operative Bank Limited, Gadhinglaj, Maharashtra