AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 & 14 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where was the 31st Edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) conducted between the Navies?
1) Andaman Sea
2) Gulf of Thailand
3) Bay of Bengal
4) Arabian Sea
5) Indian Ocean
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Andaman Sea
The 31st Edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) (Bi-Annual) between the Indian Navy and Royal Thai Navy was conducted from June 9-11, 2021 in the Andaman Sea.
From the Indian side, INS Saryu, an indigenously built Naval Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) took part in the exercise.
- With which country did the Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) sign an MoU (in June’21) to boost bilateral defence industrial relations?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Sweden
An MoU was signed between Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) and Swedish Security and Defence Industry (SOFF) during the webinar on India-Sweden Defence Industry Cooperation to boost the Bilateral Defence Industrial Relations.
i.Defence Minister Rajnath Singh invited Swedish firms to invest in Defence Corridors in Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu
- How many Indian Start-ups were selected (as of June’21) for the Technology Transfer projects under India-Russia Joint Technology Assessment and Accelerate Commercialization Program?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 3
Three Indian Science & Technology (S&T)-led Start-ups have been selected to undertake joint R&D and technology transfer projects under the India-Russia Joint Technology Assessment and Accelerate Commercialization Program.
3 Start-ups – Prantae Solutions, Jayon Implants & Ananya Technologies
- What was the target year set to eliminate AIDS at the (June’21) UNGA High-Level Meeting on HIV/AIDS?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 2030
During the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) High-Level Meeting on HIV/AIDS, the assembly approved a declaration to end AIDS by 2030.
- What is India’s ranking in the Global Home Price Index released by Knight Frank for the 1st Quarter of 2021?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) 55th
India was ranked 55th in the Global Home Price Index for the 1st Quarter (Q1) ie; January to March 2021, which is 12 spots lower than its Q1 ranking of 43rd in 2020. Global Home Price Index is prepared by the London-based Knight Frank, which monitors housing prices in 56 countries. The ranking was topped by Turkey.
- Which bank topped among the PSU banks in FY21 in terms of Loan & deposit growth?
1) State Bank of India
2) Canara Bank
3) Indian Bank
4) Bank of Maharashtra
5) Punjab & Sind Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Bank of Maharashtra
As per the data published by the Bank of Maharashtra (BoM), it emerged as the top performer among Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) banks in terms of loan and deposit growth in FY21.
Establishment – Incorporated in 1935
Headquarters – Pune, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – A.S Rajeev
Tagline – One Family One Bank
- Which Asset Management Company (AMC) was barred by SEBI (in June’21) for 2-years from launching certain debt Schemes & fined Rs 5 crore for Violating regulations?
1) Invesco India AMC
2) Franklin Templeton AMC
3) Motilal Oswal AMC
4) Mirae AMC
5) Edelweiss AMC
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Franklin Templeton AMC
SEBI barred Franklin Templeton Asset Management Company from launching certain debt schemes for two years and fined Rs.5 crore for violating regulatory norms and asked it to pay Rs 517 crore to wind up six debt schemes.
Vivek Kudva, former head of Asia Pacific (APAC) for Franklin Templeton, and his wife Roopa were imposed a penalty of Rs.7 crore
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the 2021 Pulitzer Prizes:
A) Darnella Frazier, who recorded the murder of Floyd by police officer in USA, received a Special Citation from the Pulitzer Prize Board
B) Louise Erdrich won the 2021 Pulitzer Prize under the fiction category for his book titled “The Night Watchman”
C) ‘The Guardian’ won the Public Service Pulitzer for its extensive coronavirus coverage
1) Only B
2) Only B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Only A & B
The winners of the 2021 Pulitzer Prizes for Journalism, Books, Drama and Music were announced:
i.Darnella Frazier, who recorded the murder of Floyd by police officer in USA, received a special citation from the Pulitzer Prize Board.
ii.Louise Erdrich won the 2021 Pulitzer Prize under the fiction category for his book titled “The Night Watchman”.
iii.Late Les Payne and Tamara Payne won the 2021 Pulitzer Prize under the Biography category for the book titled “The Dead Are Arising: The Life of Malcolm X”.
iv.The New York Times won the Public Service Pulitzer for its extensive coronavirus coverage
v.The 1st Pulitzer Prize was given in 1917
- __________ is the World’s longest subsea cable being constructed by __________ connecting the USA with South American countries.
1) Firmina; Facebook
2) Dunant; Facebook
3) Pangea; Facebook
4) Dunant; Google
5) Firmina; Google
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Firmina; Google
Google announced its plan of connecting the United States of America (USA) with South American countries by constructing an Open subsea cable. The subsea cable was named as “Firmina” honouring Brazil’s 1st poet ‘Maria Firmina dos Reis’.
i.It is the World’s longest subsea cable, which is capable of fully operating through a single power source
- What is the theme of 2021’s World Day Against Child Labour that is annually observed by the UN on 12th June?
1) Protect children from child labour, now more than ever
2) Children shouldn’t work in fields, but on dreams
3) Generation Safe & Healthy
4) Act Now: End Child Labour
5) In conflicts and disasters, protect children from child labour
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Act Now: End Child Labour
UN’s World Day Against Child Labour is annually observed across the globe on 12th June to highlight the focus on the global extent of child labour and the action and efforts required to eliminate Child Labour.
i.UN declared 2021 as the International Year for the Elimination of Child Labour.
ii.Theme “Act now: end child labour“