AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which country participated with India in the 2nd edition of ‘DUSTLIK-II’ a joint Military Exercise, that was held in March 2021 at Uttarakhand?
The 2nd Edition of Annual Bilateral Joint Military Exercise ‘DUSTLIK-II’ between the Indian Army & Uzbekistan Army is being held from March 10-19, 2021 at Chaubatia, near Ranikhet, Uttarakhand. The 1st Edition of ‘Dustlik-I’ was hosted by Uzbekistan in 2019. Focusing on people-centric intelligence-based surgical operations, utilizing technological advancements to minimize collateral damage.
- Recently (in Mar’21), the Union Cabinet gave approval for creation of Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi (PMSSN). Which Ministry will administer PMSSN?
1) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
2) Ministry of Education
3) Ministry of Women and Child Development
4) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
5) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
Answer-4) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
On March 10, 2021, The Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval for Creation of Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi (PMSSN) as a single non-lapsable reserve fund for health from Health & Education Cess. PMSSN will be administered & maintained by the Ministry of Health &Family Welfare (MoHFW). The cabinet also gave approval for the Amendment of Insurance Act, 1938 to increase Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) limit in the Insurance sector to 74% from 49%.
- Business entities with turnover of ________ & above are covered under mandatory e-Invoicing filing of GST by CBIC with effect from April 1, 2021.
1) Rs. 20 Crore
2) Rs. 150 Crore
3) Rs. 200 Crore
4) Rs. 10 Crore
5) Rs. 50 Crore
Answer-5) Rs. 50 Crore
Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC), has mandated Electronic-invoicing (e-invoicing) under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime for business entities with a turnover of INR 50 Crore & more from April 1, 2021 (start of next financial year). It is the 3rd Phase of mandatory e-invoicing under the GST regime. The 1st phase of e-invoicing covered business entities with INR 500 Crore turnover & the 2nd phase covered entities with INR 100 Crore.
- Where is India’s largest Floating Solar Power Plant with a capacity of 100MW is located?
1) Rewa, Madhya Pradesh
2) Kutch, Gujarat
3) Peddapalli, Telangana
4) Kamuthi, Tamil Nadu
5) Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
Answer-3) Peddapalli, Telangana
India’s Largest Floating Solar Power Plant of 100 MegaWatt (MW) capacity being constructed at Ramagundam in Peddapalli district of Telangana is set to be commissioned by May-June, 2021. It is being developed by NTPC South (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited) at a cost of INR 423 Crore over the water surface of Sri Ram Sagar Project Reservoir.
About NTPC limited:
Established – 1975
CMD – Gurdeep Singh
- Where was the International Conference on Multifunctional Electronic Materials & Processing (MEMP-2021) held?
1) New Delhi
2) Pune, Maharashtra
3) Hyderabad, Telangana
4) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
5) Bengaluru, Karnataka
Answer- 2) Pune, Maharashtra
On 8th March, 2021 Sanjay Dhotre, Minister of State (MoS) for Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) virtually inaugurated the International Conference on Multifunctional Electronic Materials & Processing (MEMP 2021) at Pune, Maharashtra. He highlighted on the rise of India’s share in global electronics manufacturing form 1.3% in 2012 to 3.6% in 2019.
- With which bank Cholamandalam Investment & Financial Company Ltd recently (in Mar’21) launched its Co-lending business partnership?
1) Dhanlaxmi Bank
2) Karur Vysya Bank
3) Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
4) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
5) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer- 2) Karur Vysya Bank
Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) and Cholamandalam Investment & Financial Company Ltd, the financial services arm of the Murugappa Group launched their co-lending business partnership to make new customers all over India with technology from Nucleus Software. Chola will offer KVB to reach new customers by targeting high-value loan segments such as construction equipment and commercial vehicles.
Headquarters of Cholamandalam Investment & Financial Company Ltd is located at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Which bank launched India’s 1st Wearable payment device, “Wear ‘N’ Pay” that enables its customers with contactless payment facility?
1) ICICI Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Punjab National Bank
5) Axis Bank
Answer-5) Axis Bank
On March 10, 2021, Axis Bank became India’s first bank after launching its own wearable payment device named ‘Wear ‘N’ Pay’, to make contactless transactions. It includes a variety of accessories like the band, key chain, and watch loop. Customers can make contactless payments up to Rs. 5,000 at PoS machine using simple wave or tap.
About Axis Bank:
India’s 3rd largest private sector Bank
Commenced operations – 1994 (founded – 1993)
MD & CEO – Amitabh Chaudhry
- Who was appointed as the Chairman of the Panel of External Auditors of the United Nations (UN) for the year 2021?
1) Shashi Kant Sharma
2) Rajiv Mehrishi
3) Girish Chandra Murmu
4) Raghuram Rajan
5) Vinod Rai
Answer-3) Girish Chandra Murmu
On March 09, 2021, 14th Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG), Shri Girish Chandra Murmu was re-appointed as the Chairman of the Panel of External Auditors of the United Nations(UN) for the year 2021. He was initially elected as Chairman of the Panel for 2020. As the chairman he will lead the panel to report and audit the accounts and management operations of the UN and its specialised agencies.
- Who became the World No.1 in Wrestling Men’s 65 Kg category after winning Gold Medal at the Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series 2021 held at Rome, Italy?
1) Deepak Punia
2) Yogeshwar Dutt
3) Ravi Kumar Dahiya
4) Sushil Kumar
5) Bajrang Punia
Answer-5) Bajrang Punia
The 14-member Indian Wrestling Contingent bagged 8 medals (2 Gold, 1 Silver, 5 Bronze) at the Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series 2021 held at Rome, Italy from March 4-7, 2021.
· Bajrang Punia won his 2nd Consecutive Gold Medal in the Men’s 65 Kg (Freestyle). With this victory, he became the World Number 1 in the 65 Kg category.
· Vinesh Phogat clinched the Gold Medal in the 53 Kg of Women’s Wrestling, with this she also became the World Number 1.
- Indian Women’s Trap Team won the Silver medal in the ISSF (International Shooting Sport Federation) Shotgun World Cup 2021. Where was the sporting event held?
1) Cairo, Egypt
2) New Delhi, India
3) Saint Petersburg, Russia
4) Lisbon, Portugal
5) Madrid, Spain
Answer-1) Cairo, Egypt
The ISSF (International Shooting Sport Federation) Shotgun World Cup 2021 was held in Cairo, Egypt from February 22-March 5,2021. The Shotgun tournament took place for disciplines of Trap Shooting & Skeet Shooting. The Indian Women’s Trap Team trio of Kirti Gupta, Manisha Keer & Rajeshwari Kumari won the Silver medal in the event. Russia topped the overall medal standings with 9 medals, followed by Croatia & Spain.