AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download
- Benefiting which sector, Home Minister Amit Shah recently launched the ‘Single Window Clearance System’, in January 2021?
1) Income Tax Payers
2) Coal Mines
3) Foreign Institutional Investors
4) MSME Sector
5) Power Generators
Answer-2) Coal Mines
On January 11, 2021 Union Home Minister Amit Shah virtually launched ‘Single Window Clearance System’ for coal mines. The platform is expected to ease the process of obtaining clearances for the smooth operationalisation of coal mines. It will help in reducing the time taken to grant approvals in the sector. Coal is the main source of Electricity Generation in India. India aims to attain self-sufficiency in the coal sector by 2024. It has set a target to achieve 1 Billion Tonnes of Coal by 2023-24.
- Which bill recently got assent from the President of India in January, 2021?
1) The Epidemic Diseases (Amendment) Bill, 2020
2) The Dentist (Amendment) Bill, 2020
3) The Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions Code, 2020
4) The Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2020
5) The Industrial Disputes (Gujarat Amendment) Bill, 2020
Answer-5) The Industrial Disputes (Gujarat Amendment) Bill, 2020
On January 1, 2021, The Industrial Disputes (Gujarat Amendment) Bill, 2020, which was passed in the state Assembly on September 22, 2020 received the presidential assent. The amendments ensured that the interests of workers are protected.
Amendment: Employee Limit raised to 300.
Current Scenario: In case of layoffs, workers are required to be paid compensation amounting to 15 days’ salary for every year of service.
Amendment: Workers will also get an amount equivalent to the average pay of the last 3months as compensation
Current Scenario: Workers needed to be given three months’ notice or wages for the notice period before retrenchment.
Amendment: Workers can be retrenched after giving them three months’ notice only.
- Which among the following countries has Hindi as their official language?
4) None of the above
5) All the above
Answer-4) None of the above
Hindi is one of the official language of India. In addition to India, this language is spoken in Nepal, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, Suriname, Fiji, and Mauritius. But none of them has Hindi as their official language, as of January, 2021.
- Who was appointed as the Head of 10-member empowered committee for administration of COVID-19 vaccine, in January, 2021?
1) Rajkiran Rai
2) Madhabi Puri Buch
3) RS Sharma
4) VC Rajiv Kumar
5) Harsh Vardhan
Answer-3) RS Sharma
On January 9, 2021 Government of India appointed RS Sharma, former chief of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India(TRAI)as head of a 10-member empowered committee for administration of COVID-19 vaccine. On January 16, 2021 India will start its mega vaccination drive against coronavirus, the world’s largest inoculation programme. In the 1st phase, 3 crore healthcare and frontline workers will be vaccinated.
- What was India’s rank in the 3rd edition of Digital Evolution Scorecard 2020 developed by Tufts University’s Fletcher School in partnership with Mastercard?
On January 11, 2021, the 3rd edition of Digital Evolution Scorecard 2020 developed by Tufts University’s Fletcher School in partnership with Mastercard was released in which India ranked 4th.The scorecard is topped by China followed by Azerbaijan, Indonesia. It should be noted that India doubled its mobile internet connectivity in the last four years It will add 350 million smartphones by 2023. Its objective is to help governments, businesses and investors understand what they need to emerge ahead of the competition.
- Which organisation has acquired 100% stake of Ansal IT City Park (SEZ) Tech Zone, Greater Noida, in January, 2021?
1) Gaurs Group
2) HDFC Bank
3) Ajnara India Ltd
4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
5) Migsun Group
Answer-5) Migsun Group
Migsun Group, one of the names in Delhi NCR real estate to reckon with, has announced acquisition of HDFC and Ansal’s stake in Ansal IT City Park (SEZ) Tech Zone, Greater Noida. The group now plans to develop the 37.5-acre mixed-use project with Commercial, IT, and Industrial. With the latest announcement, Migsun Group will have 100 percent stake after acquiring HDFC’s 37% stake.
- Recently Indian army has relocated its troops from ______ in January, 2021.
4) Siachen Glacier
5) Pangong Tso
Fulfilling a long-pending demand of Ladakh’s Kargil district, the Army decided to relocate from the plateaus of Kurbathang and Mulbekh, which will allow the township to expand in an organised manner. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC), Kargil, and the Army to evacuate the Kargil’s lower plateau.
- Which Unmanned Aerial Vehicle will get the DRDO’s Indigenously developed Retractable Landing Gear (RLG) Systems as of January, 2020?
1) Rustom-H MALE UAV
2) TAI Aksungur
3) Pegaz 011
4) Tapas BH-201
5) Rustom-1 UAV
Answer-4) Tapas BH-201
On January 10, 2021, the Retractable Landing Gear (RLG) Systems Indigenously developed by Combat Vehicles Research and Development of Establishment (CVRDE) (An DRDO Lab) for TAPAS (Tactical Airborne Platform for Aerial Surveillance-Beyond Horizon-201 or Tapas BH-201 also known as Rustom-II) & SWiFT (Stealth Wing Flying Testbed) Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
- World’s oldest first-class cricketer and World War II veteran Alan Burgess, dies at the age of 100, in January 2021. He represented which country in cricket?
3) South Africa
4) New Zealand
5) West Indies
Answer-4) New Zealand
Alan Burgess, New Zealand first-class cricketer and World War II veteran, dies at the age of 100. Alan Burgess is the world’s oldest first-class cricketer.
- When was World Hindi Day celebrated annually?
1) January 6
2) January 2
3) January 8
4) January 10
5) January 4
Answer-4) January 10
World Hindi Day (Vishwa Hindi Divas) is annually celebrated on January 10 across the world to promote Hindi language worldwide and to present Hindi as an international language. The then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh declared January 10 as World Hindi Day in 2006. On this day, the 1st World Hindi Conference was held in Nagpur, Maharashtra in 1975. In addition to India, this language is spoken in Nepal, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, Suriname, Fiji, and Mauritius.