AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 & 13 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which company signed an MoU (in Dec’21) with ISRO to Strengthen R&D of NavIC Messaging Service?
2) Oppo India
5) Vivo IndiaAnswer-2) Oppo India
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) & Chinese smart devices maker Oppo’s India signed a MoU to strengthen the Research and Development (R&D) of the NavIC messaging service, an Indian satellite navigation system.
• NavIC, an acronym for Navigation with Indian Constellation, aims to provide a user-friendly platform.
• There will be an exchange of technical information between ISRO and Oppo.
- Which Indian state/UT has the highest number of registered electric vehicles (as of Dec’21) as per the data released by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways?
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-4) Uttar Pradesh
Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways, informed the Rajya Sabha on the state of Electric Vehicles (EV) in India. As per the data released, India has a total of 870,141 registered EVs, with Uttar Pradesh (UP) holding the top spot with 255,700 registered EVs. UP is followed by Delhi, Karnataka, Bihar and Maharashtra in successive positions.
About Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH):
Union Minister – Nitin Jairam Gadkari (Constituency – Nagpur, Maharashtra)
Minister of State – Vijay Kumar Singh (Constituency – Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh)
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the Global Health Security (GHS) Index 2021?
A) India ranked 64th out of 195 countries while Finland tops the index followed by Australia.
B) The 2021 GHS Index assesses countries across 6 categories, 37 indicators, and 171 questions & No countries scored in the top tier in the Index.
C) GHS Index 2021 was developed in partnership by the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins Center.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
India ranked 66th out of 195 countries while the United States of America tops the index followed by Australia.
i. The 2021 GHS Index assesses countries across 6 categories, 37 indicators, and 171 questions & No countries scored in the top tier in the Index.
ii. GHS Index 2021 was developed in partnership by the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins Center.
• The world’s average overall GHS Index score was reduced to 38.9 (out of 100) in 2021, from a score of 40.2 in the GHS Index, 2019.
Rank Country Score 1 USA 75.9 2 Australia 71.1 3 Finland 70.9 66 India 42.8
- Who represented India at the 1st Summit for Democracy which was convened by United States President Joe Biden?
1) M. Venkaiah Naidu
2) Narendra Modi
3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
4) Rajnath Singh
5) Amit ShahAnswer-2) Narendra Modi
PM Narendra Modi has participated in the closed-door virtual Summit Session of the 1st summit for democracy which was convened by United States President Joe Biden.
• The summit focuses on challenges & opportunities facing democracies and will provide a platform for leaders to announce both individual and collective commitments, reforms, and initiatives to defend democracy and human rights at home and abroad.
- Which Bank partnered with NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (in Dec’21) to launch Doorstep Bill Payments Service?
1) India Post Payments Bank
2) Fino Payments Bank
3) Airtel Payments Bank
4) Paytm Payments Bank
5) Jio Payments BankAnswer-1) India Post Payments Bank
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) partnered with NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (NBBL) to facilitate pan India doorstep bill payments service for IPPB and non-IPPB customers.
NBBL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
About NPCI Bharat BillPay Ltd (NBBL):
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)– Noopur Chaturvedi
- Which Bank released the 2nd edition of BRICS Economic Bulletin 2021 that is prepared by the BRICS CRA Research Group?
1) Central Bank of Brazil
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) China Development Bank
4) Central Bank of the Russian Federation
5) South African Reserve BankAnswer-2) Reserve Bank of India
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the 2nd edition of BRICS Economic Bulletin 2021 which is prepared by the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) Contingent Reserve Arrangement (CRA) Research Group with members from BRICS central banks.
• The CRA Research Group is responsible to enhance research, economic analysis and surveillance capacity of the BRICS.
• This bulletin has addressed the theme of ‘Navigating the Ongoing Pandemic: The BRICS Experience of Resilience and Recovery’.
- Who was awarded the 2021 DST-ICTP-IMU Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians?
1) Ritabrata Munshi
2) Neena Gupta
3) Amalendu Krishna
4) Carolina Araujo
5) Sujatha RamdoraiAnswer-2) Neena Gupta
Professor Neena Gupta, a mathematician at the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) in Kolkata, West Bengal has been awarded the 2021 DST-ICTP-IMU Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians from developing countries.
• The award recognized her outstanding work in affine algebraic geometry and commutative algebra.
• With this, she became the 3rd woman to receive the Ramanujan Prize after Sujatha Ramdorai, in 2006 and Brazil’s Carolina Bhering de Araujo in 2020.
- Who was appointed as the Executive Director of UNICEF by the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in December 2021?
1) Achim Steiner
2) Henrietta Fore
3) Inger Andersen
4) Catherine Russell
5) Audrey AzoulayAnswer- 4) Catherine Russell
United Nation (UN) Secretary-General Antonio Guterres appointed Catherine Russell as the Executive Director of United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF). Russell will succeed Henrietta Fore, who resigned in July 2021.
• Catherine Russell is an assistant to US President Joe Biden and she also heads the White House Office of Presidential Personnel.
About United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF): Establishment – 11 December 1946
Headquarters – New York, United States
India Representative at UNICEF– Dr Yasmin Ali Haque
- In December 2021, Which organization tested Extended Range Pinaka (Pinaka-ER) at Pokhran Range, Rajasthan?
1) Indian Army
3) Indian Air Force
5) Indian NavyAnswer-2) DRDO
The Extended Range Pinaka (Pinaka-ER) Multi Barrel Rocket Launcher System was successfully tested at Pokhran Range, Rajasthan.
• The system has been designed by the DRDO’s Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE) laboratory, Pune, Maharashtra & High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL), Pune.
• The new Pinaka ER gives it a range of around 70 km, over the 45 km existing range of the missile which has been with the Indian forces for nearly a decade.
- UNICEF Day that was celebrated on 11th December, 2021 marks the ________ anniversary of the foundation of UNICEF.
5) 85thAnswer-2) 75th
UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) Day is annually observed across the globe on 11th December to create awareness on saving children’s lives, defending their rights and helping them to fulfil their potential from childhood to adolescence.
• UNICEF Day 2021 marks the 75th anniversary of the foundation of UNICEF.
• UNICEF was created by resolution 57(I) of the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946 to provide supplies and assistance to children after World War II.