AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Union Cabinet approved amendments to the Labour code on social security, code on industrial relations, and code on occupational safety and health recently. Who is the present Labour & Employment minister of India (MoS I/C)?
1) Santosh Kumar Gangwar
3) Rao Inderjit Singh
4) Raj Kumar Singh
5) Shripad Yesso NaikAnswer-1) Santosh Kumar Gangwar
The Union Cabinet led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved amendments to the Labour Code on Social Security, Code on Industrial Relations (IR), and Code on Occupational Safety and Health (OSH). The codes will now be moved in the Monsoon Session of Parliament, which starts from September 14, 2020. The Codes includes benefits like pension, medical benefits to gig workers (Independent contractors, online platform workers, contract workers, on-call workers and temporary workers), and will allow states to introduces significant changes to their labour laws framework, such as rules for retrenchment (act of cutting down or reduction) through notifications. Ministry of Labour & Employment: Minister of State (MoS) (Independent Charge) – Santosh Kumar Gangwar.
- Union minister Nitin Gadkari targets to increase MSME contribution to GDP from 30% to ______.
5) 60%Answer-3) 50%
Union Minister for MSME, Nitin Gadkari aims to enhance the MSME contribution to GDP from 30% to 50% and in exports from 49% to 60%.
- Union Home ministry has approved to rename the Hubbali railway station in ‘which’ state as Shree Siddharoodha Swamiji railway station?
5) TripuraAnswer-3) Karnataka
The Ministry of Home Affairs approved the long pending demand to rename the Hubbali Railway Station as Shree Siddharoodha Swamiji Railway Station, Hubbali in Karnataka after Sri Siddharoodha Swami. The government of Karnataka has to formally issue a Gazette notification for the proposed name change with the spelling of the new name in Devnagri (Hindi), Roman(English) and Regional language.
- Which country has signed agreement with India on reciprocal provision of supplies and services?
5) GreeceAnswer-4) Japan
India and Japan signed an Agreement concerning Reciprocal Provision of Supplies and Services or Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) between the Armed Forces of India and the Self-Defense Forces of Japan. It establishes a framework for closer cooperation between the Armed Forces of India and Japan in bilateral training activities, United Nations Peacekeeping Operations, Humanitarian International Relief and other mutually agreed activities.
- NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) launched Aatmanirbhar Bharat ANIC-ARISE Challenges recently. Who is the mission director of AIM?
1) Ramesh Chand
2) Rao Inderjit Singh
3) V.K. Saraswat
4) Ramanan Ramanathan
5) Rajiv KumarAnswer-4) Ramanan Ramanathan
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog launched Aatmanirbhar Bharat ANIC-ARISE Challenges (Atal New India Challenges in Applied Research and Innovation for medium and Small Enterprises) to stimulate applied research and innovation in Indian Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and startups. It will be driven by Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and four ministries namely Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs to facilitate innovative solutions to sectoral problems. Atal Innovation Mission (AIM): Mission Director – Ramanan Ramanathan.
- India, Australia along with which country participated the 1st trilateral dialogue on economic, strategic challenges in Indo-Pacific recently?
4) United States
5) United KingdomAnswer-2) France
The first trilateral dialogue between foreign secretaries from India, France and Australia was held virtually to discuss geo-strategic challenges, enhancing cooperation and to build strong bilateral relations between the trio to ensure a peaceful, secure, prosperous and rules-based Indo-Pacific Region. The meeting was co-chaired by India’s foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla, Secretary-General of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs of France, Francois Delattre; Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Secretary, Frances Adamson.
- World Health Organization (WHO) has set a target to achieve a world free of industrially produced trans fats by which year?
5) 2021Answer-4) 2023
In accordance with the report titled, “Countdown to 2023: WHO report on global trans-fat elimination 2020” released on September 8, 2020, so far 58 countries have introduced laws that will protect 3.2 billion people from the harmful substance by the end of 2021. Meanwhile more than 100 countries still need to take actions to remove these harmful substances from their food supplies including India, the country with most coronary heart disease deaths due to trans fats. To achieve a world free of industrially produced trans fats by 2023, WHO recommended that countries should set mandatory limits for industrially produced trans fats to 2% of oils and fats in all foods or to ban partially hydrogenated oils (PHO). WHO recommends that trans-fat intake be limited to less than 1% of total energy intake, which translates to less than 2.2 g/day with a 2,000-calorie diet.
- According to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF)’s Living Planet Report 2020, the global vertebrate population declined to an average of ______ between 1970 and 2016.
5) 60%Answer-3) 68%
In accordance with the World Wildlife Fund’s (WWF) Living Planet Report 2020, the global vertebrate population declined to an average of 68% between 1970 and 2016. The reasons behind this decline is changes in land and sea use, overexploitation of species, high pollution levels, climate change, habitat loss and degradation, including deforestation, driven by humanity.
- Which state government has relaunched Deendayal Antyodaya Rasoi scheme?
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Arunachal Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-3) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh Government during its 5th virtual cabinet meeting decided to reintroduce Deendayal Antyodaya Rasoi Scheme to provide nutritious and quality food to underprivileged people at a subsidised rate. The scheme will be implemented by the Departments of Food and Civil Supplies and Urban Development. The funds for the scheme will be raised through Department of Industrial Policy and Investment Promotion under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- The gross Non Performing Assets in public sector banks was reduced to _______ in March 2020 from Rs 8.96 lakh crore in March 2018.
1) Rs 9.24 lakh crore
2) Rs 6.78 lakh crore
3) Rs 8.96 lakh crore
4) Rs 7.25 lakh crore
5) Rs 5.36 lakh croreAnswer-2) Rs 6.78 lakh crore
The Gross NPAs reduced from Rs 8.96 lakh crore in March-2018 to Rs 6.78 lakh crore in March-2020. Asset quality has improved significantly, with the net NPA ratio reduced from 7.97% in March 2018 to 3.75% in March 2020. There is a sharp decline in fraud occurrence from 0.65% of advances during FY10-FY14 to 0.06% in FY19-20. Record recovery of Rs 2.27 lakh crore in FY19-FY20 due to newly setup dedicated stressed account management verticals in PSBs. Number of PSBs under Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) reduced to three. The provision coverage ratio of 80.9% is highest in eight years.
- Which bank ranked top in EASE 2.0 awards for FY19-20 in top performing banks category?
1) Oriental Bank of Commerce
2) State Bank of India
3) Bank of Baroda
4) Central Bank of India
5) Bank of MaharashtraAnswer-3) Bank of Baroda
The EASE 2.0 awards for FY19-20 were presented in 3 categories viz. Category 1: Theme-Wise Winners, Category 2: Top Improvers, and Category 3: Top Performing Banks The awardees in these categories are Bank of Baroda (BoB), State Bank of India (SBI), Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC), Bank of Maharashtra, Central Bank of India, Corporation Bank, Punjab National Bank (PNB), Union Bank of India (UBI), and Canara Bank.Top Performing Banks (Ease Reforms Index 2.0):
Rank Bank 1 Bank of Baroda 2 State Bank of India 3 Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Which company launches Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) testing platform?
1) American Express
5) Capital OneAnswer-2) Mastercard
Mastercard launched Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs), a Virtual Testing Environment for Central Banks to Assess and Explore National Digital Currencies.
- Which insurance company partnered with NSDL payments bank to offer insurance products?
1) Life Insurance Corporation of India
2) Max Life Insurance Company
3) HDFC Life Insurance Company
4) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company
5) Tata AIA Life Insurance CompanyAnswer-4) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited (ICICI Prudential Life) has entered into a corporate agency agreement with NSDL Payments Bank, a subsidiary of NSDL(National Securities Depository Ltd), the 1st and largest depository in India. ICICI Prudential Life will offer its customer centric protection and savings products to the customers of NSDL Payments Bank under the agreement.
- Which company has launched service named ‘Cash Advance’, a collateral free line of credit to increase MSME cash flow?
5) InstamojoAnswer-3) Razorpay
Razorpay, leading financial solutions company launched its tech-enabled services “Cash Advance” – a collateral free line of credit for businesses to support and recover the cash flow of the capital of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises(MSMEs).
- Name the company which collaborated with NITI Aayog to launch ‘SheCodes’ innovation challenge.
2) Tata Consultancy Services
3) Dell Technologies
5) Tech MahindraAnswer-3) Dell Technologies
Dell Technologies in association with Atal Innovation Mission, an initiative of government think-tank Niti Aayog, launched the ‘SheCodes’ Innovation Challenge aimed to encourage girls to create, tinker, sustain and innovate.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the president of All India Tennis Association (AITA).
1) Prem Kumar Karra
2) Suman Kapur
3) Sunder Iyer
4) Rohit Rajpal
5) Anil JainAnswer-5) Anil Jain
Anil Jain, elected member of Rajya Sabha and national general secretary was elected as the new President of All India Tennis Association(AITA) succeeding Praveen Mahajan. During the Annual General Meetings(AGM) of the national federation, Anil Dhurpar, Secretary of Madhya Pradesh Tennis Association (MPTA) was appointed as the Secretary general of AITA replacing Hironmoy Chatterjee.
- Who represented India at the 10th East-Asia summit foreign ministers’ meeting recently?
1) Shripad Yesso Naik
2) Santosh Kumar Gangwar
3) Prahlad Singh Patel
4) V. Muraleedharan
5) Hardeep Singh PuriAnswer-4) V. Muraleedharan
V. Muraleedharan, Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs attended the 10th East Asia Summit (EAS) Foreign Ministers’ Meeting. The Meeting was held over a virtual platform. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Pham Bin Minh, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
- Poonam Khatri who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
5) SquashAnswer-4) Wushu
Poonam Khatri who won the Silver Medal at the 15th edition of World Wushu Championships (WWC) 2019 held at Minhang Gymnasium in Shanghai, China has now been upgraded to Gold Medal. Poonam is now the third Indian to win a Gold in Wushu World Championship after Pooja Kadiyan (2017) and Praveen Kumar (2019).
- When was Himalaya Diwas celebrated annually on _______.
1) September 8
2) September 7
3) September 10
4) September 11
5) September 9Answer-5) September 9
Himalaya Diwas or Himalaya Day is annually celebrated across India particularly in Uttarakhand on 9th September to create and spread awareness on the conservation of the Himalayan Ecosystem. The Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu participated in a webinar and called for an active participation of the youths and citizens to make the conservation of nature as a people’s movement. Theme of 2020: – ‘Himalayas and Nature’.
- Which edition of International Day to Protect Education from Attack was observed on September 9, 2020 (Theme: “Protect Education, Save a Generation.”)?
5) 5thAnswer-3) 1st
The United Nations'(UN) 1st International Day to Protect Education from Attack is observed on September 9, 2020 to raise awareness about the importance of safeguarding schools as places of protection and safety for educators and students. The day indicates that education is under attack. Theme for 2020– “Protect Education, Save a Generation”.
- World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) was observed every year on September 10. What is the theme of WSPD 2020?
1) “Preventing Suicide: Reaching Out and Saving Lives”
2) “Connect, communicate, care”
3) “Take a minute, change a life”
4) “Working Together to Prevent Suicide”
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) “Working Together to Prevent Suicide”
World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) is annually observed across the world on 10th of September to raise awareness that the suicide can be prevented and to educate people to reach out for those who need help. The day is organized by International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) in collaboration with World Health Organization (WHO). The first World Suicide Prevention day was hosted in 2003 by IASP in collaboration with WHO and World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH). The theme of 2018 World Suicide Prevention Day – “Working Together to Prevent Suicide” was retained as the theme for both 2019 and 2020 World Suicide Prevention Day.
- The Nagaland government has launched state’s 1st tele-medicine platform, ‘Naga Telehealth’ recently. Who is the CM of Nagaland?
1) Hemant Soren
2) Pema Khandu
3) Neiphiu Rio
4) PS Golay
5) Naveen PatnaikAnswer-3) Neiphiu Rio
In order to provide quality healthcare services at the Ayushman Bharat – Health and Wellness Centres in Nagaland, S Pangnyu Phom, Nagaland Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched the state’s 1st tele-medicine platform, ‘Naga Telehealth’ in Kohima, Nagaland. It was developed by the state govt in partnership with NISHTHA, a US Agency for International Development (USAID)’s health systems strengthening project, implemented by Jhpiego. Neiphiu Rio is the Chief Minister of Nagaland.
- Who has launched the ‘e-Gopala’ app, a comprehensive breed improvement marketplace and information portal for direct use of farmers?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Narendra Modi
3) Pralhad Patel
4) Harsh Vardhan
5) Narendra Singh TomarAnswer-2) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana, e-Gopala App for farmers in Bihar through virtual mode. He launched several initiatives in fisheries, animal husbandry, dairy and agriculture sectors in Bihar. ‘e-Gopala’ App is a comprehensive breed improvement marketplace and information portal for direct use of farmers.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Executive Director of United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)?
1) Inger Andersen
2) Shashank Manohar
3) Guy Ryder
4) Thomas Bach
5) Manu SawhneyAnswer-1) Inger Andersen
As per the United in Science 2020 report, the second in a series highlighted that the world is nearing to pass the temperature limit set by global leaders 5 years ago and may exceed it in the next decade or so. In the next 5 years, the world has about a 1-in-4 chance to experience a year that is hot enough to keep the global temperature at 2.7 degrees (1.5 °C-degrees Celsius) above pre-industrial times. 1.5°C is the harsher of 2 limits set in 2015 by world leaders in the Paris climate change agreement. The report has been compiled by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), with input from the Global Carbon Project, UNESCO Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (UNESCO-IOC), Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the Met Office. UN Environment Programme (UNEP): Executive Director– Inger Andersen.
- Bandipur Tiger Reserve is located in which state?
2) Himachal Pradesh
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer-4) Karnataka
Bandipur National Park established in 1974 as a tiger reserve under Project Tiger, is a national park located in the Indian state of Karnataka, which is the state with the second highest tiger population in India. Along with adjacent Nagarhole National Park it is one of the premier Tiger Reserves in the country.
- The headquarters of the United Nations Environment Programme is located at which city?
4) New York
5) New DelhiAnswer-3) Nairobi
The headquarters of United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is located in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Who is the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand?
1) Pema Khandu
2) YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
3) Sarbananda Sonowal
4) Nitish Kumar
5) Trivendra Singh RawatAnswer-5) Trivendra Singh Rawat
Trivender Singh Rawat is the present chief minister of Uttarakhand.
- Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar International Airport is located in which state?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-3) Madhya Pradesh
Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport is an international airport that principally serves Indore and adjacent regions in the Indian State of Madhya Pradesh.