AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In May 2021, PM Narendra Modi virtually participated in the India-European Leaders (EU) Meeting 2021.
Identify the points that are correct with respect to the meeting.
A) 2021s European Union meeting held in Portugal, witnessed the participation of India for the 1st time with EU members
B) India-EU signed Connectivity Partnership Initiative focusing on Regional Connectivity in ASEAN countries
C) European Investment Bank announced 150 Million Euros for the construction of Pune Metro Rail Project
1) Only B & C
2) Only A & B
3) All A, B & C
4) Only A & C
5) Only B
Answer-4) Only A & C
Indian Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually participated in the 16th India-European Leaders (EU) Meeting 2021 which was held in a hybrid format on 8th May 2021 in Porto, Portugal. It is the 1st time that the EU has hosted a meeting with India in the EU+27 format.
i.India-EU signed Connectivity Partnership Initiative focusing on Regional Connectivity in BIMSTEC countries.
ii.European Investment Bank committed the 2nd tranche of 150 Million Euros (~ INR 1, 335 Crore) for the Pune Metro Rail Project.
iii.Union Minister for Commerce & Industry Piyush Goyal virtually addressed the closing session of the ‘CII: EU-India Business Roundtable’.
- ____________ opened one of the World’s longest Pedestrian suspension bridges named ‘516 Arouca’ across ___________ river.
1) Nepal, Madi
2) Portugal, Paiva
3) Spain, Paiva
4) Portugal, Madi
5) Spain, Madi
Answer-2) Portugal, Paiva
Portugal opened the Pedestrian suspension bridge named ‘516 Arouca’ in Northern Portugal. The 516-meter long bridge is built in the Arouca Geopark, which is suspended 175 metres above the Paiva River.
Note – Baglung Parbat Footbridge in Nepal with 567-metre is the world’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge.
- Which bank launched the Chatbot called ‘Eva’ on the Digital Seva Portal of Common Services Centers (CSCs) to provide banking services to rural India?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Axis Bank
5) ICICI Bank
Answer-1) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank and Common Services Centers (CSCs) announced the launch of a chatbot called ‘Eva’ on CSC’s Digital Seva Portal to support Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs). This will provide banking services to last-mile rural consumers.
About HDFC Bank:
Establishment – 1994
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
Tagline– We understand your world
- Which Indian company was named as the 2nd fastest-growing retailer in the world in the “2021 Ranking of Global retail powerhouses” report?
1) Big Bazaar
2) Future Retail
3) Reliance Retail
5) ITC Limited
Answer-3) Reliance Retail
In the “2021 Ranking of Global retail powerhouses” by Deloitte, millionaire Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Retail Ltd has been ranked the 2nd fastest-growing retailer in the world, which is 1 rank down from its 2020 rank (In 2020 it was ranked 1st).
- ___________________ was elected as the Chief Minister of the ________ member legislative assembly of Assam.
1) Himanta Biswa Sarma, 294
2) Sarbananda Sonowal, 126
3) Himanta Biswa Sarma, 126
4) Sarbananda Sonowal, 294
5) Himanta Biswa Sarma, 234
Answer-3) Himanta Biswa Sarma, 126
On May 10, 2021, Himanta Biswa Sarma was sworn in as the 15th Chief Minister of Assam. He has replaced Sarbananda Sonowal.
Based on Article 164 the Governor of Assam Jagdish Mukhi appointed the CM of the 126-member legislative assembly.
- _________________ the driver of _____________ won the 2021’s Spanish Grand Prix.
1) Lewis Hamilton, Red Bull Racing Honda
2) Sebastian Vettel, Mercedes
3) Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
4) Sebastian Vettel, Mercedes
5) Max Verstappen, Red Bull Racing Honda
Answer-3) Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton (Britain) won the Spanish Grand Prix 2021 for the 6th time (5th consecutive victory). The victory is also his 98th F1 Race Win (highest-ever in F1). He is the only black driver to race in the sport.
- _______________ & _______________ won the 2021’s Madrid Open Men’s & Women’s Singles titles
1) Alexander Zverev, Aryna Sabalenka
2) Stefanos Tsitsipas, Ashleigh Barty
3) Andrey Rublev, Ashleigh Barty
4) Matteo Berrettini, Aryna Sabalenka
5) Dominic Thiem, Ashleigh Barty
Answer-1) Alexander Zverev, Aryna Sabalenka
Germany’s Alexander Zverev defeated Matteo Berrettini of Italy to win the Men’s Singles Title of the 2021 Madrid Open (19th Edition on ATP).
In the Women’s Singles Category, Aryna Sabalenka defeated World No.1 Ashleigh Barty (Australia) to clinch her maiden Madrid Open Title.
- Padma Vibhushan awardee Raghunath Mohapatra passed away in May 2021. He was awarded the Padma award for his contribution towards ___________.
1) Carnatic Music
3) Sand Artist
Eminent Sculptor, Rajya Sabha member and Padma Awardee Raghunath Mohapatra passed away due to covid-19 in Bhubaneshwar, Odisha.
He received Padma Vibhushan in 2013 for his contribution to the field of stone sculpture.
- __________ became the 1st Indian state to have an online flood reporting system called Flood Reporting and Information Management System (FRIMS), which was developed in collaboration with ________________.
1) Uttar Pradesh, World Bank
2) Assam, UNICEF
3) Odisha, World Bank
4) Bihar, UNICEF
5) Uttarakhand, UNICEF
Answer-2) Assam, UNICEF
On May 8, 2021, Jishnu Barua, Chief Secretary, Assam launched a real-time Digital – Flood Reporting and Information Management System (FRIMS). With this launch, Assam became the 1st state in India to adopt an online flood reporting system.
FRIMS was developed jointly by Assam State Disaster Management Agency(ASDMA) and United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF).
- Match the following Books with their Authors:
i. Animal Farm a. Oscar Wilde
ii. The Selfish Giant b. Leo Tolstoy
iii. Oliver Twist c. Charles Dickens
iv. Anna Karenina d. George Orwell
1) i-a, ii-d, iii-c, iv-b
2) i-b, ii-a, iii-c, iv-d
3) i-d, ii-a, iii-c, iv-b
4) i-a, ii-b, iii-c, iv-d
5) i-d, ii-b, iii-c, iv-a
Answer-3) i-d, ii-a, iii-c, iv-b
Books Authors Animal Farm George Orwell The Selfish Giant Oscar Wilde Oliver Twist Charles Dickens Anna Karenina Leo Tolstoy