AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- PM Modi inaugurated the Asia’s largest solar power project, “Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project” in which state?
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-4) Madhya Pradesh
Asia’s largest solar power project: Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project in Madhya Pradesh is inaugurated by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, through video conferencing.The 750 MW ultra-solar power plant spread over 1,590 acres.It was developed by Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL), a joint venture of MadhyaPradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (MPUVN) and Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).The Rewa Solar Power project received the World Bank Group President’s Award.
- Which ministry released first 5 volumes of Mongolian Kanjur Manuscript recently (presented to President Ram Nath Govind).
1) Ministry of Culture
2) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
4) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
5) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Answer-1) Ministry of Culture
Under the National Mission for Manuscripts (NMM), The Ministry of Culture has taken up the project of re-printing 108 volumes of Mongolian Kanjur. A set of First Five manuscripts were presented to Shri Ram Nath Kovind, the President of India on Guru Purnima (Dharma Chakra Day) on 4th July 2020.The present edition is being published by the National Mission for Manuscripts(NMM).
- Which company has partnered with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) & Digital India to lead the scale up program of Digital India for hardware and IoT start-ups?
T-Hub announced their partnership with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Digital India to lead the scale up program of Digital India for hardware and Internet of Things (IoT) startups and to support the startups with investments and market access.
- N. Biren Singh, the Chief Minister of which Indian state has inaugurated 5 Water Supply projects worth Rs 48.39 crore recently?
5) Madhya Pradesh
Manipur Chief Minister(CM) N. Biren Singh inaugurates 5 Water Supply projects worth Rs 48.39 crore, which have a total capacity of more than 26.15 million of liters per day(MLD) through video conferencing from the Chief Minister’s Secretariat, Imphal. With addition to the projects one office building of Weight and Measures Department and Rapid Antigen Detection Testing Centre at Jiribam were also inaugurated. The New Development Bank has sanctioned Rs 3,000 crore to provide drinking water to every household of the state and work orders for the projects have been issued.
- Uttar Pradesh cabinet chaired by CM Yogi Adityanath approved the Uttar Pradesh Start-up Policy 2020 recently. Who is the Governor of UP?
1) Banwarilal Purohit
2) Ramesh Bais
4) Anandiben Patel
Answer-4) Anandiben Patel
The cabinet of Uttar Pradesh Government chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath approved the new startup policy – Uttar Pradesh Startup Policy 2020 to increase the job opportunities and employment in Uttar Pradesh by promoting the developing units in agriculture, health, power, education, tourism and transport sectors. UP Governor– AnandibenMafatbhai Patel.
- What will be the mean average global temperature in next 5 years as per report “Global Annual to Decadal Climate Update for 2020-2024” released by World Meteorological Organization (WMO)?
1) 2° Celsius
2) 1.5° Celsius
3) 2.5° Celsius
4) 3° Celsius
5) 3.5° Celsius
Answer-2) 1.5° Celsius
The United Nations (UN) weather Agency, World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in its “Global Annual to Decadal Climate Update for 2020-2024” has forecasted that the annual mean global temperature are already at least 1 C higher now than during the period from 1850-1900 because of man-made greenhouse emissions and there is a 20% chance that it will exceed 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.7 Fahrenheit) in at least one year between 2020-2024. Overall, it is very likely to be within the range 0.91 – 1.59°C.
- Who chairs the independent panel for pandemic preparedness and response (IPPR) formulated by World Health Organisation (WHO)?
1) Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
2) Helen Elizabeth Clark
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
World Health Organization (WHO) has formulated an Independent Panel for Pandemic Preparedness and Response (IPPR) to evaluate the world’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Panel will be co-chaired by former Prime Minister of New Zealand Helen Elizabeth Clark and former President of Liberia Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. While Helen Clark served as an administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), on the other hand, Ellen Sirleaf is a recipient of the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Find the bank which renewed MoU with International Energy Agency (IEA) to increase the collaboration on sustainability with a focus on energy sector.
1) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
2) New Development Bank (NDB)
3) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
4) World Bank (WB)
5) None of these
Answer-3) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Asian Development Bank (ADB) has renewed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with International Energy Agency (IEA) during IEA’s Clean Energy Transitions Summit 2020 with the aim to further increase the collaboration on sustainability with a focus on energy sector resilience in Asia and the Pacific.
- Asian Development Bank has entered into agreement with Qatar-based Education Above All (EAA) Foundation to work jointly for project worth of __________.
1) $100 million
2) $200 million
3) $150 million
4) $250 million
5) $500 million
Answer-1) $100 million
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will help India and 9 other Asian nations to ensure quality education for the out-of-school and at-risk children in the primary level. In its preliminary effort, ADB has entered into a 5-year agreement with Qatar-based Education Above All (EAA) Foundation to work jointly for project worth of $100 million to put at least 3.2 lakh out-of-school children, including refugees and internally displaced children into quality primary education.
- The IRDAI has removed the _______ maximum cap on sum insured for Arogya Sanjeevani policies recently.
1) Rs. 1 Lakh
2) Rs. 2 Lakh
3) Rs. 50,000
4) Rs. 25,000
5) Rs. 5 Lakh
Answer-5) Rs. 5 Lakh
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has allowed all general and health insurance companies to increase the sum insured on the Standard Individual Health Insurance Product namely “Arogya Sanjeevani” beyond Rs 5 lakh. This decision has been taken in view of the increasing cost of healthcare in the country amid the covid-19 pandemic. Arogya Sanjeevani, is a product for which all insurers are mandated to offer had a cap of Rs 5 lakh on the sum insured and the minimum cover for it was of Rs 1 lakh. The regulator has now allowed insurers to offer sum insured as low as Rs 50,000 with no upper limit. The sum insured has to be in multiples of Rs 50,000.
- Maharashtra government along with which bank planned to set up fund to revive Slum Rehabilitation Authority projects?
1) Bank of Baroda
2) Indian Overseas Bank
3) Canara Bank
4) Punjab National Bank
5) State Bank of India
Answer-5) State Bank of India
Maharashtra Housing Minister Jitendra Awhad announced that the state govt and State Bank of India(SBI) will set up a stress fund to revive Slum Rehabilitation Authority(SRA) projects(about 370 projects) in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) and other urban areas of the state.
- How much was the additional amount Mastercard plans to invest to support Indian Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)?
1) Rs 1000 crore
2) Rs 750 crore
3) Rs 500 crore
4) Rs 250 crore
5) Rs 100 crore
Answer-4) Rs 250 crore
Mastercard has announced that it will invest Rs 250 crore(USD 33 million) to support Indian Small and Medium Enterprises(SMEs) to enable the SMEs to restart itself and help them in business recovery. SMEs have been hit hardest during the lockdown caused by COVID-19 due to their dependence on the cash-economy and disruption of the supply chain.
- Name the PSU which has signed agreement with New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA) to install public Electric Vehicle charging stations.
1) State Express Transport Corporation(SETC)
2) United Electrical Industries Limited(UEIL)
3) Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL)
4) Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd(HECL)
5) None of these
Answer-3) Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL)
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) inked an agreement with the New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA) to install public Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations & related infrastructure in order to promote the usage of electric vehicles. The objective of this partnership is to create an infrastructural ecosystem to accelerate e-mobility post COVID-19 pandemic.
- Which state signed MoU with Flipkart to promote the arts, Crafts and Handloom sector?
2) Madhya Pradesh
Flipkart and the Department of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) and Mines of Government of Karnataka signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote the arts, Crafts and Handloom sector of Karnataka by providing market access through e-commerce platform and to increase the local business.
- Who chairs the advisory committee constituted by SEBI on matters related to regulation and development of the mutual funds?
1) M. S. Kamath
2) Motilal Oswal
3) Ashish Chauhan
4) Usha Thorat
5) Nitin Vyakaranam
Answer-4) Usha Thorat
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the regulator of the securities and commodity market in India, has reconstituted the committee advising it on matters related to regulation and development of the mutual fund industry by including five new members. The new 20-member committee, will be chaired by Usha Thorat, former deputy governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Name the person who has been appointed as the officiating president of Hockey India (July 2020)?
1) Gyanendro Ningombam
2) Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad
3) Rajinder Singh
4) Shukhbir Singh
5) Balbir Singh
Answer-1) Gyanendro Ningombam
The Hockey India(HI) in its Executive Board meeting named Manipur’s GyanendroNingombam, who was senior vice-president in the federation, as officiating president till the end of September 2022 after MohdMushtaque Ahmad resigned on July 07, 2020 due to personal and family commitments.
- The battalion unit of which country has won annual United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) environment awards?
4) United States
The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) Head of Mission and Force Commander Major General Stefano Del Col awarded the annual environment awards of UNIFIL to 7 mission entities. An Indian Battalion (INDBATT) stationed with UNIFIL is declared first for environmental contributions.The annual award was launched by UNIFIL on 4th December 2019 to recognise the environmental achievements within the Mission’s area of operations.
- The Annual Ranking of Police Stations for 2019 prepared by the Ministry of Home Affairs was announced recently. The Nadaun Police Station of which state is ranked one of the best in India?
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-3) Himachal Pradesh
Amit Shah, The Union Minister of Home Affairs announced the Annual Ranking of Police Stations for 2019 prepared by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India in the Director General of Police’s (DGP’s) conference. Nadaun Police Station of Hamirpur District in Himachal Pradesh is ranked as one of the best Police Stations of India.
- Name the Operation which was committed by Indian Navy to bring back stranded Indians in abroad (The 55 days long mission completed recently).
1) Operation COVID-19 rescue
2) Operation Come back
3) Operation Back to home
4) Operation Red Chillies
5) Operation Samudra Setu
Answer-5) Operation Samudra Setu
Indian Navy has successfully completed its 55 days and 23,000 kilometers long ‘Operation Samudra Setu’, which was launched on May 5, 2020 as a part of the national effort to repatriate (bring back) Indian citizens from 3 countries of Maldives, Iran, and Sri Lanka during the COVID-19 pandemic. Under this operation 3,992 Indian citizens were brought back to India, which was conducted by Indian Naval Ships (INS) Jalashwa, and INS Airavat, INS Shardul and INS Magar (Landing Ship Tanks).This operation was undertaken by the Indian Navy in close coordination with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and various other agencies of the Government of India (GoI) and State Governments.
- ISRO set to launch Amazonia – 1 earth observatory satellite on PSLV. The Amazonia – 1 is the satellite belongs to which country?
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is set to launch the Amazonia – 1 onboard the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) as a primary payload by August 2020. Amazonia -1 is Brazil’s first satellite for Earth observation – designed, assembled and tested in Brazil.
- Pritam Rani who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
Former India captain and one of the country’s finest hockey forwards, Pritam Rani Siwach has been recommended for the Dronacharya award this year. Nominated by Indian Railways, Pritam has been part of the Indian women’s team coaching set-up in the past (2010-12), was coach of the junior women’s team that won silver at the 2012 Jr Asia Cup and has been running the Sonepat Hockey Academy since 2004.
- Who authored the book titled ‘His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama: An Illustrated Biography’?
1) Kelsang Gyatso
2) Pema Chödrön
4) Tenzin GeycheTethong
Answer-4) Tenzin GeycheTethong
A book titled ‘His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama: An Illustrated Biography’ is authored by one of the Dalai Lama’s closest aides and advisor of over 40 year, Tenzin GeycheTethong. The biography is a memorable portrait of the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso. The book is to be released in October 2020 and is published by Roli Books.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the capital of Mongolia?
The capital and currency of Mongolia are Ulaanbaatar & Mongolian Togrog/Tugrik respectively.
- Where is the HQ of International Energy Agency (IEA) located?
1) New York
The HQ of International Energy Agency (IEA) located at Paris, France.
- Where is the HQ of World Meteorological Organization located?
1) New York
5) New Delhi
The HQ of World Meteorological Organization located at Geneva, Switzerland.
- Who is the present chairman of IRDAI?
1) Ajay Tyagi
2) Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
3) Yaduvendra Mathur
4) Mohammad Mustafa
5) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
Answer-5) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
The present chairman of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) is Subhash Chandra Khuntia.
- What is the currency of Brazil?
The capital and currency of Brazil are Brasília&Brazilian real respectively.