AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where was the foundation stone for Lalandar [Shatoot] Dam laid by Indian Government recently in February 2021?
On February 9, 2021, the Central Government has laid the foundation of 2nd dam i.e. Lalandar [Shatoot] Dam, to be built by India in Afghanistan, by signing the virtual Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between both nations. It will be constructed on the Kabul river basin which is one of the five river basins of Afghanistan. This dam is the follow up of India built “India- Afghanistan Friendship Dam [Salma Dam]” in Afghanistan. This project is partially funded by India and is a part of Indo-Afghan New Development Partnership.
- Recently (in Feb’21), Investor Education and Protection Fund (IEPF) Authority signed an MoU with IGNOU for telecasting Investor Awareness Programme (IAPs) through distance learning mode. Which TV channel will be used for telecasting?
1) DD Bharati
2) Kalvi Tholaikatchi TV
3) Swayam Prabha TV
4) NIOS: Gyanamrit
5) Gyan Darshan Channel
Answer-5) Gyan Darshan Channel
Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (IEPF Authority), Ministry of Corporate Affairs signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) for collaboration in using the Tele-Lecturing Facility of Gyan Darshan Channel (EMPC – Electronic Media Production Centre) for telecast of Investor Awareness Programme (IAPs) through distance learning mode. Initially 26 Tele Lecturing programme have been planned for telecast.
- What was the total amount allocated by central government for FY22, for its crop insurance program, Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)?
1) Rs. 15000 crores
2) Rs. 13150 crores
3) Rs. 16000 crores
4) Rs. 11500 crores
5) Rs. 3050 crores
Answer-3) Rs. 16000 crores
On February 7, 2021, the Central Government has allocated Rs 16000 crores for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) for FY22, an increase of around Rs 305 crore as compared to FY21. The reason behind an increase in the amount is to boost the safety of farmers’ crops and ensure maximum benefit of crop insurance. Under this farmer can report crop loss within 72 hours of occurrence of any event through the Crop Insurance App, CSC Centre or the nearest agriculture officer.
- Which organisation released the “India Energy Outlook 2021”, that predicted India will surpass European Union to become the World’s 3rd largest energy consumer by 2030?
1) International Energy Agency (IEA)
2) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
3) International Energy Forum (IEF)
4) Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
5) International Renewable Energy Agency (IREA)
Answer-1) International Energy Agency (IEA)
In accordance with the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) “India Energy Outlook 2021”, India will surpass European Union as the world’s third-biggest energy consumer by 2030. In this regard, India energy demand growth share will be maximum at 25% in the next two decades. India is world’s second-biggest net oil importer after China currently imports about 76% of its crude oil needs. That reliance on overseas oil is expected to rise to 90% by 2030 and 92% by 2040. India needs to spend an additional $1.4 trillion, to adopt clean energy technologies over the next 20 years.
- Which country (in Feb’21) became a signatory to FAO Agreement on Port State Measure (PSMA) for combating Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) fishing joining the already existing 68 FAO members?
3) Sri Lanka
During the 34th Session of UN’s FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization) Committee on Fisheries (COFI 34) which took place virtually from February 1-5, 2021, members of the session supported the first-ever Declaration for Sustainable Fisheries & Aquaculture. The declaration calls for Strong action to combat Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) fishing. The members were urged to become signatory to FAO Agreement on Port State Measure (PSMA) for combating IUU fishing. During the event, Russia became a signatory to the PSMA joining already existing 68 FAO members.
- What is the theme of RBI’s Financial Literacy Week (FLW) – 2021 that was celebrated from February 8 to 12?
1) KYC, Exercising Credit Discipline, Grievance Redressal and Going Digital
2) Consumer Protection
3) Credit Discipline and Credit from Formal Institutions
4) Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Answer-3) Credit Discipline and Credit from Formal Institutions
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) observes Financial Literacy Week(FLW) annually since 2016 to promote & spread awareness about financial education messages on a particular theme through a focused campaign across India. FLW 2021 is being celebrated from February 8 to 12. The 5-day event was launched by Ajay Kumar, Regional Director, RBI. Theme of FLW 2021– Credit Discipline and Credit from Formal Institutions. The strategy recommends the ‘5 C’ approach to disseminate financial education in the country. 5 C– Content, Capacity, Community, Communication and Collaboration.
- Which Insurance provider launched an innovative insurance plan, “Health AdvantEDGE”, to carter the pre & post hospitalization needs of its customers?
1) Reliance Health Insurance Ltd.
2) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
3) Bharti AXA General Insurance Co. Ltd.
4) Max Bupa Health Insurance Co. Ltd.
5) SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
Answer-3) Bharti AXA General Insurance Co. Ltd.
Bharti AXA General Insurance introduced Health AdvantEDGE, an innovative health insurance plan. It is specifically designed to cater the healthcare and wellness needs of customers. The insurer has launched the Bharti AXA Wellness Cuppa portal for its customers to boost customer engagement and experience. It provides cover from pre-hospitalization (60 days) to post-hospitalization (90 days). The plan covers persons in the age group 91 days to 65 years, provides hospital cash benefits, air and road ambulance with an additional premium.
- What was India’s GDP growth predicted for FY-21, as per SBI’s Ecowrap report?
1) – 6.3%
2) – 7%
3) – 7.4%
4) – 5.2%
5) – 7.7%
Answer-2) – 7%
On February 10, 2021 Ecowrap report of the State Bank of India (SBI) has estimated that India’s Gross Domestic Product(GDP) for FY-21 will contract by 7%(-7%) from -7.4% projected earlier. The GDP growth in FY22 will remain at 11%. The gross tax collections in 2021-22 will be higher than the Budgeted Rs 22.17 lakh crore, or 9.9% of GDP.
- Which state govt. (in Feb’21), launched a web portal on ‘Digital Workforce Management System’ under its Knowledge Mission?
3) Tamil Nadu
On February 9, 2021, Kerala Chief Minister (CM) Pinarayi Vijayan launched the ‘Kerala Knowledge Mission’ at Thiruvananthapuram. The aim of the mission is to transform Kerala into a knowledge economy. As part of the mission, the government also launched a first-of-its-kind platform called ‘Digital Workforce Management System Kerala’ (DWMSK) (www.knowledgemission.kerala.gov.in). It will also be used by the Kerala Government to distribute Insurance and Loan assistance to Entrepreneurs.
- Which Indian state has introduced a ‘16-digit unicode’ to identify the landholdings in the state?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-5) Uttar Pradesh
The government of Uttar Pradesh(UP) has introduced a new system to issue a unique 16-digit unicode to identify the landholding in UP. The unicode will be used to check on cases of land dispute and protect people from fraudsters. The revenue department of UP will be issuing these 16 digit unicode.