AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In August 2021, the Central Government increased the Collateral free loan for __________ under the DAY- National Rural Livelihoods Mission to ______________.
1) Self Help Groups; Rs 10 lakhs
2) MSME Sector; Rs 20 lakhs
3) Farmer Producer Organisations; Rs 10 lakhs
4) MSME Sector; Rs 10 lakhs
5) Self Help Groups; Rs 20 lakhs
Answer-5) Self Help Groups; Rs 20 lakhs
The collateral free loans to self-help groups (SHGs) provided under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) have been enhanced to Rs 20 lakh from Rs 10 lakh by RBI.
i.In April 2011, the Ministry of Rural Development launched the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM)
- Indian Navy recently (in Aug’21) conducted “AL-MOHED AL-HINDI-2021” – its 1st Naval exercise with which country?
3) Saudi Arabia
Answer-3) Saudi Arabia
The Maiden Naval Exercise “AL-MOHED AL-HINDI-2021” between Indian Navy and the Royal Saudi Naval Forces commenced on August 9, 2021. The Indian side was represented by INS Kochi, the flagship Destroyer ship.
i.Indian Navy deployed INS Shivalik and INS Kadmatt to Muara, Brunei to participate in various bilateral professional interactions, as a move to improve the bilateral ties.
- Identify the state government that recently (in Aug’21) excluded the ‘Gurkha’ community from illegal immigrants or foreigners tag under the Citizenship Act, 1955.
2) West Bengal
The Assam cabinet has decided to not prosecute any Gurkha member under the Citizenship Act, 1955. It will also remove the illegal immigrants or foreigners tag for the Gurkhas.
i.The Assam cabinet has also included Gurkhas & 4 other indigenous communities – Ahoms, Morons, Motoks and Chutias as ‘protected classes of persons’.
- Ministry of _________________ is set to host the 1st India Internet Governance Forum 2021 (IIGF 2021) in October 2021 under the theme _____________________.
1) Science and Technology; Inclusive Internet for Digital India
2) Electronics & Information Technology; Inclusive Internet for Digital India
3) Electronics & Information Technology; Digital India: Success to Excellence
4) Electronics & Information Technology; Together for a better Internet
5) Science and Technology; Together for a better Internet
Answer-2) Electronics & Information Technology; Inclusive Internet for Digital India
Government of India (GoI) is set to host the 1st India Internet Governance Forum 2021 (IIGF 2021) in India from October 20-22, 2021. IIGF 2021 will be conducted by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY).
Theme of IIGF-2021 – “Inclusive Internet for Digital India”
- Which is the Indian Navy Ship to visit Odisha’s heritage coastal Port of Gopalpur?
1) INS Khanjar
2) INS Kadmatt
3) INS Shivalik
4) INS Kochi
5) INS Kavaratti
Answer-1) INS Khanjar
INS Khanjar became the 1st Indian Navy Ship to call at the Heritage Coastal Port of Gopalpur, Odisha. The visit was aimed at enhancing ties & spreading awareness among the local population on coastal security & maritime operations.
- Where is India’s 1st National Heart Failure Biobank recently (in Aug’21) inaugurated?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Hyderabad, Telangana
3) Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
4) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
5) Pune, Maharashtra
Answer-3) Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
India’s 1st National Heart Failure Biobank (NHFB) was inaugurated at the National Centre for Advanced Research and Excellence in HF (CARE-HF) at the Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Who will be benefited through ‘Honour First’ – a special savings account launched by IDFC FIRST Bank?
1) Front Line Workers
2) Indian Sports persons
3) Indian Army
4) Indian Navy
Answer- 4) Indian Navy
IDFC FIRST Bank signed an MoU with the Indian Navy to offer the special defence savings account named ‘Honour FIRST’ for the serving personnel and veterans of the Indian Navy.
- Who recently (in Aug’21) became the Chairman & Managing Director of THDC India Limited?
1) RK Vishnoi
2) Manoj Jain
3) Ravinder Singh Dhillon
4) Gurdeep Singh
5) Abhay Kumar Singh
Answer-1) RK Vishnoi
RK Vishnoi assumed the charge as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of THDC India Limited (THDCIL), with immediate effect. He succeeds Vijay Goel who held the additional changes of CMD since May 2021.
THDCIL is Headquartered at Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- Who was appointed (in Aug’21) as the ambassador of RBI’s awareness Campaign on Digital Banking Frauds?
1) Rajkumar Rao
2) Mirabai Chanu
3) Neeraj Chopra
4) Ayushmann Khurrana
5) PV Sindhu
Answer-3) Neeraj Chopra
RBI roped in Olympic gold medalist, Athlete (Javelin) Neeraj Chopra for its new public awareness campaign against digital banking frauds.
Cashify, formerly ReGlobe, the trademark of Manak Waste Management Private Limited, has appointed Bollywood actor Rajkumar Rao as its first brand ambassador.
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the World Biofuel Day:
A) Annually 10th August is observed as the World Biofuel Day, to mark the importance of Non-fossil fuels
B) Indian Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, celebrates World Biofuel day with the theme “Biofuels for Sustainability and Rural Income”
C) The day marks the invention of 1st Diesel Engine by Karl Diesel
1) All A, B & C
2) Only C
3) Only A & B
4) Only B
5) Only A & C
Answer-1) All A, B & C
World Biofuel Day is annually observed across the globe on 10th August to create awareness about the importance and significance of non-fossil fuels as a substitute for conventional fossil fuels.
i.Indian Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, celebrates World Biofuel day with the theme “Biofuels for Sustainability and Rural Income”.
ii.The World Biofuel day honours Sir Rudolf Christian Karl Diesel, inventor of the diesel engine