AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- India assured to reconstruct 56 schools in which country?
3) Sri Lanka
5) BangladeshAnswer-4) Nepal
The Embassy of India and the Central Level Project Implementation Unit (CLPIU) of the Ministry of Education, Nepal signed 7 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) for re-building 56 higher secondary schools. Included areas in the MOU for the reconstruction of schools are located in Gorkha, Nuwakot, Dhading, Dolakha, Kavrepalanchowk, Ramechhap and Sindhupalchowk district of Nepal.
- Gairsain was declared as the summer capital of which state/UT?
2) Jammu & Kashmir
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-1) Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand Governor Baby Rani Maurya approved the declaration of Bhararisen(Gairsain) in Chamoli district as the state’s summer capital in compliance with the provisions of clause (3) of Article 348 of the Constitution of India. Dehradun (the largest city) will remain the winter capital.
- The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has operationalised 2 newly sanctioned twin commands at Chandigarh & Guwahati recently. Where is HQ of ITBP located?
1) New Delhi
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) ManipurAnswer-1) New Delhi
Due to the standoff between Indian and Chinese forces, the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has operationalised its newly sanctioned twin commands viz. western headquartered at Chandigarh and eastern at Guwahati to streamline operations, intelligence, deployment, and administrative movement of its troops along the 3,488 km-long Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China. The ITBP HQ located at New Delhi.
- India planned to launch its first coal trading platform ‘Coal exchange’. Who is the present coal minister?
1) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
2) Mahendra Nath Pandey
3) Dharmendra Pradhan
4) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
5) Pralhad JoshiAnswer-5) Pralhad Joshi
As India is the world’s second-largest producer of coal, it has decided to set up its first coal trading platform -a sort of ‘Coal exchange’, where a large number of sellers and buyers can get together to trade coal as a commodity. It is to be noted that the coal ministry is likely to initiate auctions of about 50 coal blocks for commercial coal mining on June 11, 2020. Pralhad Joshi is the present coal minister.
- World bank has granted Rs. 1950 cr to which state to combat COVID-19?
3) West Bengal
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-3) West Bengal
According to the Chief Minister (CM) of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee, the World Bank (WB) has granted loan worth of Rs. 1,950 crores to the state for tackling coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and developmental work.
- Name the digital payment platform, which has partnered with ICICI Lombard to launch first of its kind travel insurance & domestic trip insurance.
3) Google Pay
5) JioMoneyAnswer-1) PhonePe
Flipkart-owned digital payments platform PhonePe along with ICICI Lombard, the non-life insurance company launched ‘first of its kind’ travel insurance, domestic multi-trip insurance to provide a stress-free travel experience to customers by covering risks associated with all modes of travel within the country (road, rail and air within the country) from the time a customer leaves home, till the time of return.
- What will be the growth of India in FY2020-21 as per World Bank’s Global Economic Prospect (GEP) June 2020?
5) -3.2%Answer-5) -3.2%
The Washington based multilateral lender, World Bank in its latest edition of the Global Economic Prospect (GEP) June 2020 analytical chapters reports states that India’s growth is contract by 3.2% (so growth is -3.2%) for FY20-21. It was lower from 4.2% which forecasted in FY2019-20 at the end of March 2020.
- According to World bank’s report, global economy will contract by ____% in 2020.
5) 2.3Answer-1) 5.2
Acc. to the World Bank, the massive shock of the COVID-19 Pandemic and lockdown measures for its containment will lead to a contraction of the global economy by 5.2% in 2020.
- Find the digital technology company which has partnered with UNDP, HCCB for plastic waste management Project named ‘Prithivi’.
5) HCLAnswer-3) Recykal
Recycling plays an important role in enhancing the circular economy. However, lack of awareness poses challenges towards management of plastic waste and recycling. In order to overcome this situation, Recykal, a digital technology company in the waste management space collaborated with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt Ltd (HCCB) for Project Prithvi, a joint initiative for developing sustainable plastic waste management practices in the country.
- Which country has signed MoU with India to develop strong cooperation and promote strategic intervention in the power sector?
5) JapanAnswer-2) Denmark
To develop strong cooperation and promote strategic intervention in the power sector, an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) on the Indo-Denmark Cooperation between the Ministry of Power, Government of the Republic of India and the Ministry for Energy, Utilities and Climate, Government of the Kingdom of Denmark was signed on 5th June 2020. The MOU was signed by the Secretary (Power), Sanjiv Nandan Sahai and Ambassador of Denmark to India, Freddy Svane.
- Who has honored with “NASA Distinguished Public Service Medal” recently?
1) Rajiv Kumar
2) VK Paul
3) C K Naidu
4) RK Chetty Pandipati
5) Renjith KumarAnswer-5) Renjith Kumar
Renjith Kumar, Engineer from Kerala and Indian Entrepreneur based in Virginia is honoured with NASA’s highest form of recognition for a non-governmental individual “NASA Distinguished Public Service Medal” for his service to NASA through executive leadership, engineering contribution, technical excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Who chaired the Committee on Development of Housing Finance Securitisation Market in India?
1) Harsh Vardhan
2) TN Manoharan
3) Nandhan Nilakeni
4) VK Paul
5) Tapan RoyAnswer-1) Harsh Vardhan
RBI has proposed two draft documents titled “Draft Comprehensive Framework for Sale of Loan Exposures” and “Draft Framework for Securitisation of Standard Assets” consisting of guidelines applicable to all Scheduled Commercial Banks; All India Financial Institutions and, all Non-Banking Financial Companies. The revised guidelines include the recommendations of the Committee on Development of Housing Finance Securitisation Market in India chaire by Dr. Harsh Vardhan and the Task Force on the Development of Secondary Market for Corporate Loans chaired by Thothala Narayanaswamy Manoharan, which were set up by the Reserve Bank in May, 2019.
- The scientists from Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research have discovered a new planet named KOI-456.04 & its host star called Kepler-160. The study was published in which journal?
1) New Astronomy
2) Journal Nature
3) Astronomy and Astrophysics
4) The Astrophysical Journal
5) Nature AstronomyAnswer-3) Astronomy and Astrophysics
A team of scientists from the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS) in Gottingen (Germany), the Sonneberg Observatory, the University of Göttingen, the University of California, and NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) led by MPS, have discovered a new planet named KOI-456.04 & its host star called Kepler-160 by using Kepler Space Telescope. The research has been published in the journal Astronomy and Astrophysics & lead author of the study was Dr Rene Heller.
- Name the world’s 1st ‘Internet-controlled’ robot which was specially designed for COVID-19 hospitals.
5) COmBatAnswer-4) Coro-bot
A 23-year old Thane engineer, Pratik Tirodkar, founder of a start-up PNT Solutions, Dombivali developed the world’s 1st ‘Internet-controlled’ robot named ‘Coro-bot’ to address the needs of the hospitals treating COVID-19 patients. It is deployed for the 1st time in Holy Cross Hospital, Kalyan, Maharashtra.
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) have developed ‘ANANYA’ nanotechnology based disinfectant spray to fight COVID-19. Where is DIAT located?
5) PuneAnswer-5) Pune
The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Pune developed “ANANYA” water based disinfectant spray with nanotechnology assisted formulation. This can be used by the general public and healthcare workers and can be used for individual and large scale purposes.
- Name the pod which was designed, developed and inducted by Indian Air force for evacuation of critical patients with infectious diseases.
5) ASPALTAnswer-2) ARPIT
ARPIT (Airborne Rescue Pod for Isolated Transportation) was designed, developed and inducted by the Indian Air force (IAF) for the evacuation of critical patients with infectious diseases from high altitude area, isolated and remote places.
- Gomathi Marimuthu who is news recently is associated with which sport event?
1) 800m running
5) BadmintonAnswer-1) 800m running
Athletics Integrity Unit(AIU) banned Gomathi Marimuthu, 31-year-old athlete from Tamil Nadu who won the gold medal for 800m in the 2019 Asian Championship, in Doha, Qatar for 4years from 17th May 2019 to 16th May 2023 after testing positive for banned substances. The titles, rankings, points and prizes won by Gomathi from 18th March 2019 to 17th May 2019 will be forfeited and her results will be annulled.
- Amit Panghal and Vikas Krishnan who are in news recently is associated with which sport?
5) WeightliftingAnswer-1) Boxing
The Boxing Federation of India on Monday nominated world silver-medallist Amit Panghal and the seasoned Vikas Krishan for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, picking only Olympic-bound names as its nominees for the annual honours. Panghal (52kg), also an Asian Games champion, has not won any national sports award.
- Former union minister Arjun Charan Sethi who passed away in June 2020, belongs to which state?
1) West Bengal
5) OdishaAnswer-5) Odisha
Former Union Water Resources Minister (2000 to 2004) Arjun Charan Sethi passed away at 79 due to his short illness in a private hospital at Bhubaneswar. He is an 8-time member of parliament(MP) from Bhadrak Lok Sabha constituency. He was born on 18 Sep 1941 & hails from Bhadrak, Odisha.
- Hamza Koya who passed away recently is associated in which sport?
5) FootballAnswer-5) Football
Former Santosh Trophy National Football Championship player, Hamza Koya has passed away at the age of 61 years after undergoing plasma therapy for Covid-19 infection in Kerala, who played as a wing-back position and represented Maharashtra in Santosh Trophy from 1981 to 1986.
- Name the mobile app which was developed by IIT Guwahati’s students for seamless and contactless air travel.
5) FlyzyAnswer-5) Flyzy
A group of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Guwahati students has developed a mobile application called “Flyzy” for seamless and contactless air travel.The aim of the mobile app is to provide contactless boarding, keeping in mind the easier baggage drop, manageable parking, better shopping experience.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What does ‘L’ in LEI denotes?
5) LeverageAnswer-4) Legal
No corporate loan sanctions, renewals without LEI code: IRDAI. Chennai: The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has asked insurers not to grant loan renewals or enhancements if the borrowers do not get the LEI code from the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) India Ltd.
- Which among the following was known as Asia’s version of Noble prize?
1) Pulitzer awards
2) BAFTA awards
3) WOW Awards
4) Ramon Magsaysay awards
5) Booker PrizeAnswer-4) Ramon Magsaysay awards
A Philippine peace award has been cancelled this year due to the coronavirus pandemic, marking only the third disruption in six decades for the annual prize regarded as an Asian Nobel. The Manila-based foundation that hands out the Ramon Magsaysay awards said recently it has no choice “with the COVID-19 pandemic practically immobilizing the world.”
- Who is the Prime Minister of Armenia?
1) Nikol Pashinyan
2) Binali Yildırım
3) Ali Asadov
4) Giorgi Gakharia
5) Hassan RouhaniAnswer-1) Nikol Pashinyan
Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan has recently announced that he was infected with COVID-19. The capital and currency of Armenia are Yerevan & Armenian Dram respectively.
- Name the tropical storm which hits Louisiana (US state) recently.
5) CristobalAnswer-5) Cristobal
Tropical Storm Cristobal made landfall in southeast Louisiana US state recently.
- What is the expansion of MRR?
1) Medium Retention Requirement
2) Minimum Retention Requirement
3) Minimum Retire Requirement
4) Minimum Retention Registration
5) Maximum Retention RequirementAnswer-2) Minimum Retention Requirement
The Expansion of MRR is Minimum Retention Requirement.