AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- How many bridges were inaugurated by Defence minister Rajnath Singhin the border areas close toLine of Control (LoC) in J&K (July 2020)?
5) 4Answer-4) 6
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated six strategic bridges in the border areas close to the International Border (IB) and Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) through video conferencing, from New Delhi. These were built in a record time by the Project Sampark of Border Road Organisation (BRO). The total outlay of the following bridges is Rs 43 crore: Tarnah-I Bridge (160m) Tarnah-II Bridge (300m) Palwan Bridge (91m) Ghodawala Bridge (151m) Pahadiwala Bridge (61m) Panyali Bridge (31m).
- Name the state which has launched ‘BLUIS’ to use space technology & AI to monitor government lands.
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-2) Odisha
The Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik, launched the Bhubaneswar Land Use Intelligence System (BLUIS), a flagship development of the General Administration and Public grievances departments. Odisha becomes the first state in India to use high resolution satellite imagery utilizing space technology and artificial intelligence to monitor government lands.
- Which IIT has collaborated with NVIDIA to establish India’s first NVIDIA AI technology centre?
5) IIT-CalcuttaAnswer-1) IIT-Hyderabad
Indian Institute of Technology – Hyderabad(IIT-H) collaborates with NVIDIA to establish India’s first ‘NVIDIA Artificial Intelligence (AI) Technology Centre (NVAITC) to speed up the research work on AI and its commercial purpose.
- Which state has launched “Pure for Sure” campaign to ensure the purity of the milk and dairy products?
1) Madhya Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) ChhattisgarhAnswer-3) Rajasthan
Raghu Sharma, Health minister of Rajasthan launched the week long campaign “Pure for Sure” from 8th July 2020 to 14th July 2020 – to ensure the purity of the milk and dairy products.
- The Union cabinet has approved 10-year long pan India Central Sector Scheme namely “Agriculture Infrastructure Fund” recently. What is the outlay of the scheme?
1) 50,000 Crore
2) 2 Lakh Crore
3) 1 Lakh Crore
4) 25,000 Crore
5) 75,000 CroreAnswer-3) 1 Lakh Crore
As a part of the Rs 20 lakh crore “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan” announced in response to the COVID-19 crisis, the Union Cabinet has given its approval to a 10 years long (FY2020 to FY2029) pan India Central Sector Scheme namely “Agriculture Infrastructure Fund” with an outlay of Rs. 1 Lakh Crore in order to support agri-entrepreneurs, start-ups, agri-tech players and farmer groups for infrastructure and logistics facilities. Under this, the total outflow as budgetary support from Government of India (GoI) will be Rs.10,736 crores.
- The cabinet has approved the capital infusion of 12,450 crores to which public sector general insurance company/companies??
1) Oriental Insurance Company Limited
2) National Insurance Company Limited
3) United India Insurance Company Limited
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
The Union Cabinet has approved the capital infusion for an overall value of Rs.12,450 crores; (including Rs. 2,500 crore infused in FY 2019-20) in the three Public Sector General Insurance Companies (PSGICs) namely Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OlCL), National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) and United India Insurance Company Limited (UIICL). Of this, Rs.3,475 crores will be released immediately; while the balance Rs,6475 crores will be infused later.
- The union cabinet approved development of affordable rental housing Complexes for urban migrants / poor worth ________ under PMAY-U.
1) 100 Crores
2) 250 Crores
3) 600 Crores
4) 400 Crores
5) 500 CroresAnswer-3) 600 Crores
Asa part of the Rs 20 lakh crore economic package to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic, Union Cabinet has given its approval for developing of Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (AHRCs) for urban migrants / poor as a sub-scheme under Pradhan MantriAwasYojana – Urban (PMAY – U). The outlay of the scheme is estimated at Rs 600 crore in the form of Technology Innovation Grant and will initially cover three lakh beneficiaries.
- PM Modi addressed the inaugural session of 3-day virtual India Global week 2020 organized in which country?
1) United States
4) New Zealand
5) United KingdomAnswer-5) United Kingdom
Prime Minister (PM) Shri Narendra Modi has addressed the inaugural session of 3-day (July 9 – July 11)virtual India Global week 2020 based on the theme ‘Be The Revival: India and a Better New World’ organized in UK (United Kingdom) by India Inc. Group, the UK-headquartered media house with the aim to connect global leaders and captains of industry to discuss aspects relating to opportunities in India as well as the global economic revival post-coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The new administrative block of Shree Mahadev MastaChaturdev Campus funded by India was inaugurated at which country?
5) Sri LankaAnswer-1) Nepal
The administrative and academic block of Shree Mahadev MastaChaturdev Campus, constructed with the assistance of India under the Nepal-Bharat Maitri Development Cooperation programme at a cost of Nepali Rupees(NR) 35.11 million(around Rs 22 million or Rs. 2.20 crore) was inaugurated in Nepal’s Mugu district through Video Conference(VC).
- Find the state which topped in market borrowings in FY 21 as per RBI data?
1) Andhra Pradesh
2) Tamil Nadu
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-2) Tamil Nadu
According to data from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Tamil Nadu (TN) has topped market borrowings among States in India with a collection of Rs.30,500 crores in the fiscal 2020-21(FY 21).
- What will be the contraction in world economy in 2020 as per ‘Country Risk and Global Outlook Report’ released by D&B?
5) 7.1%Answer-4) 5.2%
In accordance with the Dun and Bradstreet’s (D&B) Country Risk and Global Outlook Report, which has covered 132 countries, the global economy is likely to contract by 5.2% in 2020. This is the biggest decline since the Second World War and a far stronger contraction than the 1.7% recorded in 2009 during the global financial crisis. As per report, the global economy will not reach pre-pandemic levels of activity again before 2022.
- Which organization has signed MoU with Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) for data exchange?
1) Forward Market Commission of India
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
4) Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
5) Securities and Exchange Board of IndiaAnswer-5) Securities and Exchange Board of India
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the data exchange between the two organizations via video conference.
- Which institute of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) signs MoU with IIT Alumni Council for joint research on COVID-19?
1) Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI)
2) Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute (AMPRI)
3) Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB)
4) Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH)
5) National Institute of Oceanography (NIO)Answer-3) Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB)
The Alumni Council of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Alumni Council) signed an agreement for joint research on COVID-19 and patient data analysis with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB).The IIT Alumni Council is setting up the “MegaLab” in Mumbai, the world’s largest molecular diagnostic lab and “MegaTx” antibody facility for treatment based biologics as a part of this partnership.
- Who is the chairman of 9-member working group constituted by IRDAI to look into the possibility of setting up ‘Pandemic Risk Pool’?
1) Saba Talukdar
2) Ajay Kumar
3) Suresh Mathur
4) Ankur Nijhawan
5) Suchita GuptaAnswer-3) Suresh Mathur
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has formed a 9- member working group under the chairmanship of Suresh Mathur, Executive Director of IRDAI to look into the possibility of setting up ‘Pandemic Risk Pool’ to deal with the various risks arising out of a pandemic -like health emergencies & recommend the structure and operating model for the Pool within 8 weeks.
- What is India’s rank based on cancer preparedness among Asia-Pacific countries as per Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EIU) report?
5) 6thAnswer-1) 8th
In accordance with the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) report on “Cancer preparedness in Asia-Pacific: Progress towards universal cancer control”, India has been ranked eighth with an overall score of 51.6 for cancer preparedness among 10 Asia-Pacific countries. The report sponsored by Roche, examined the findings from the EIU’s Index of Cancer Preparedness (ICP) which was created upon the findings of the global ICP (evaluated 28 countries based on 45 separate indicators).The 10 Asia-Pacific countries included in this report were — Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam.
Rank Country Score (out of 100) 8 India 51.6 1 Australia 92.4 2 South Korea 83.4 3 Malaysia 80.3
- The CCI has approval the proposal of combination of STX Filmworks & Marco Alliance along with which other company?
1) Red Chillies International
2) Eros International
3) Dharma Productions
4) Reliance International
5) Disney IndiaAnswer-2) Eros International
The Competition Commission of India(CCI) has approved the proposed combination which involves Eros International Plc(Eros Plc), STX Filmworks Inc(STX) and Marco Alliance Limited (Marco).
- Raneem El Welily who retired recently is associated with which sport?
5) CricketAnswer-4) Squash
Raneem El Welily, the 31-year-old Egyptian Squash player and world’s top ranking(No.1) Women Squash Player announced her retirement ending her 18 year sports career. Nouran Gohar of Egypt claims the No.1 ranking after the retirement of Welily.
- Andrei Demanov who was suspended for doping in July 2020 is associated with which sport?
5) WrestlingAnswer-4) Weightlifting
Two-time European champion weightlifter Andrei Demanov of Russia has been provisionally suspended for doping after testing positive for a banned steroid. The International Weightlifting Federation announced that Demanov tested positive for traces of DHCMT, an anabolic steroid also known as turinabol which has been widely used in weightlifting and other sports.
- Amadou Gon Coulibaly who passed away recently is the prime minister of which country?
1) Ivory Coast
2) Burkina Faso
5) LiberiaAnswer-1) Ivory Coast
Prime Minister Amadou Gon Coulibaly (61), the Presidential election candidate of Ivory Coast’s ruling party, died on 8 July 2020 at Abidjan, Ivory Coast within a few days after returning from two months of treatment in France.
- Syed Ishtiaq Ahmed Jafri (Jagdeep) who is in news in June 2020 is a renowned _________.
5) Law MakerAnswer-3) Actor
Veteran Bollywood actor-comedian Jagdeep passed away at 81 in his Bandra residence, Mumbai. His real name is Syed Ishtiaq Ahmed Jafri. He is recognised for his role as SoormaBhopali in the film “Sholay” and for his expression ‘khambhaukhadke’. He was born on March 29, 1939 in Datia, Madhya Pradesh(MP).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the current chairperson of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)?
1) M Ajit Kumar
2) Rajnish Kumar
3) P C Mody
4) Rahul Chaudhry
5) Sanjay DuttAnswer-3) P C Mody
Pramod Chandra Modyis the current chairperson of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- Where was the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) located?
5) New DelhiAnswer-5) New Delhi
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) located at New Delhi.
- Where is the HQ of Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) located?
4) New York
5) New DelhiAnswer-2) London
The HQ of Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) located at London, United Kingdom.
- Who is the chairperson of Competition Commission of India (CCI)?
1) Ashok Kumar Gupta
2) Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
3) Bhagwan Lal Sahni
4) H. L. Dattu
5) K. VijayRaghavanAnswer-1) Ashok Kumar Gupta
Ashok Kumar Guptais the chairperson of Competition Commission of India (CCI). The HQ CCI located at New Delhi.
- What is the capital and currency of Egypt?
1) Cairo & Pound
2) Jerusalem & Rial
3) Cairo & Rial
4) Beirut & Pound
5) Jerusalem & DollarAnswer-1) Cairo & Pound
The capital and currency of Egypt are Cairo &Egyptian Pound respectively.
- Joshna Chinappa who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
5) CricketAnswer-4) Squash
Raneem El Welily, the 31 year old Egyptian Squash player and world’s top ranking(No.1) Women Squash Player announced her retirement ending her 18 year sports career. Nouran Gohar of Egypt claims the No.1 ranking after the retirement of Welily. Joshna Chinappa, 33 year old Indian Squash player ranked 10th in the latest PSA World Women’s Ranking 2020.She entered the top 10 of the PSA world ranking following the retirement of Raneem.