AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which organisation signed 2 separate MoUs with Smart Factory, IISc and Smart Manufacturing Demo & Development Cell (SMDDC) for creating 1st of its kind Digital Transformation labs in India?
2) Siemens Ltd
4) Samsung Electronics
5) LG CorporationAnswer-2) Siemens Ltd
On February 8, 2021, Siemens Ltd (India) signed 2 separate MoUs with Smart Factory, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru and Smart Manufacturing Demo & Development Cell (SMDDC) at Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI), Bengaluru for the establishment of 1st of its kind Digital Transformation labs. Siemens Ltd aims to support the Smart Advanced Manufacturing and Rapid Transformation Hub (SAMARTH) Udyog initiative of the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
- Which organisation signed a contract worth over Rs 1,000 crore with Ministry of Defence for delivery of Software Defined Radio Tactical (SDR-Tac)?
1) Bharat Dynamics Ltd (BDL)
2) Mahindra Defence Systems (MDS)
3) Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)
4) Honeywell International
5) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)Answer-5) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
On February 8, 2021, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the Defence Public Sector Undertaking (DPSU) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) have signed a contract for procurement of Software Defined Radio Tactical (SDR-Tac) worth over Rs 1,000 crore in New Delhi. SDR-Tac is a four-channel, multi-mode, multi-band 19-inch rack mountable, ship borne software defined radio system. It aims to serve ship-to-ship, ship-to-shore and ship-to-air voice and data communication for network-centric operations.
- Which organisation signed (in Feb’21) an MoU with Indian Institute of Science(IISc) to create a Joint Advanced Technology Program- Center of Excellence(JATP-CoE) in IISc?
1) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
3) Bharat Electronics
4) Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL)
5) CSIR – National Institute of Oceanography (NIO)Answer-2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
On 8th February 2021, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Science(IISc) to create Joint Advanced Technology Program- Center of Excellence(JATP-CoE) in the premises of IISc. DRDO will support JATP to equip it with advanced and unique research facilities which will enable the faculties and scholars of IISc to conduct advanced research.
- Which country/countries participated with India in the 16th Edition of joint military exercise “Yudh Abhyas 20” held in Rajasthan from 8 – 21 February, 2021?
4) Both 2 & 3
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-3) USA
The 16th edition of an annual joint military exercise between India and the United States (US), “Yudh Abhyas 20” was initiated as a part of defence cooperation at the Mahajan Field Firing Range (MFFR), near the India-Pakistan border in Rajasthan on February 8, 2021. This 12 days long exercise will culminate on February 21, 2021. The field training exercise (FTX) will involve company-strength elements and fundamental war-fighting skills, techniques and experience to enhance combined operational capacity between Indian & US Army.
- Recently (in Feb’21), Union Minister D V Sadananda Gowda, announced that Indian _______ Industry is expected to grow upto US $130 billion by 2030.
2) Renewable Energy
5) ManufacturingAnswer-3) Pharmaceutical
On February 8, 2021 Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers, D V Sadananda Gowda while addressing the Press Conference on the 6th Edition of ‘India Pharma & India Medical Device 2021’ mentioned that the total market size of the Indian Pharma Industry is expected to reach the US $ 130 billion by 2030. He also mentioned that the medical devices industry in India is expected to reach $ 50 billion by 2025.
- What is the theme of National Horticulture Fair 2021?
1) Horticulture for Start-up and Stand-up India
2) Making Farming an Enterprise
3) Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life
4) Horticulture for Promotion of Rural Entrepreneurship
5) Horticulture for Rural ProsperityAnswer-1) Horticulture for Start-up and Stand-up India
A 5-day National horticulture fair is to be held here by the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR)- Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR), Bangalore from February 8. The national fair would be organised under the theme ”Horticulture for Start-up and Stand-up India.” For the first time, the event would be held in online and offline formats.
- Which country approved (in Feb’21) to build the world’s 1st energy island that can produce and store green energy satisfying the electricity requirement of 10 million households?
5) GermanyAnswer-4) Denmark
On 4th February 2021, the Government of Denmark approved the plant to build the world’s first energy island (Artificial island) in the North Sea which will produce and store green energy enough to cover the electricity requirement of 10 million households in Europe. Denmark aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 70% by 2030 from 1990 levels. The government will hold 51% stake of this island and the remaining 49% will be held by the private sector.
- Which bank partnered with PhonePe (in Feb’21), enabling PhonePe to use the banks Unified Payments Interface (UPI) ID on a multi-bank model?
1) HDCF Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) Axis Bank
5) Yes BankAnswer-3) Axis Bank
The digital payment platform PhonePe has partnered with India’s third largest bank, Axis Bank on a Unified Payments Interface (UPI) multi-bank model. It will enable the PhonePe users to create and use multiple UPI IDs with Axis Bank’s “@axl” handle. Until now, the PhonePe’s key banking partner was Yes Bank. In accordance with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), PhonePe had emerged as the top UPI app in January, 2021.
- Olympic gold medal winning American, Leon Spinks, passed away in February 2021. In which sport did he represent America?
5) Ski jumpingAnswer-3) Boxing
On 5th February 2021, American professional boxer, Leon Spinks, Former heavyweight champion who won the Gold Medal at 1976 Olympics passed away at the age of 67 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. In his 8th professional fight he won the heavyweight championship against Muhmmad Ali in 1978.
- Which state government (in Feb’21), created Vijayanagara district from Ballari district?
1) Andhra Pradesh
2) Tamil Nadu
5) KeralaAnswer-4) Karnataka
On February 8, 2021 Karnataka government in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (4) of section 4 of the Karnataka Land Revenue Act, 1964 has given approval to bifurcate Vijayanagara from Ballari(Bellary) district. With this, Vijayanagara becomes the 31st district of the state.