AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Identify the country that took part in “Zayed Talwar 2021” – a bilateral Naval exercise with India in August 2021.
2) Saudi Arabia
Indian Navy and United Arab Emirates (UAE) Navy undertook Bilateral Naval Exercise Zayed Talwar 2021 off the coast of Abu Dhabi. Indian side was represented by INS Kochi in the exercise.
i.Exercise Desert Eagle – Bilateral Air Exercise between Indian Air Force & UAE
Capital – Abu Dhabi
Currency – UAE dirham
- In August 2021, Indian government honoured Social Worker _________________ with a Commemorative Postage Stamp as a tribute to his contribution towards the nation.
1) Vinoba Bhave
2) Medha Patkar
3) Mananiya Chaman Lal
4) Anna Hazare
5) Jyotiba Phule
Answer-3) Mananiya Chaman Lal
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu released a Commemorative Postage Stamp on the Social worker, ‘Mananiya Chaman Lal’. The stamp was issued as a tribute to Unsung Heroes of India, by the Department of Posts.
- Which is the World’s 1st Country to grant a patent for invention by an Artificial Intelligence System?
2) South Africa
4) United Kingdom
5) South Korea
Answer-2) South Africa
South Africa became the 1st Country in the World to grant Patent to an Artificial Intelligence (AI) System. It has granted a patent related to a Food Container system based on Fractal Geometry invented by the AI system ‘DABUS’.
i.DABUS is an AI based Emergency warning system on Food processing.
- In August 2021, Appointment Committee of the Cabinet gave 1-year tenure extension to Rajiv Gauba, who currently serves as India’s _________________________
1) Chief Election Commissioner
2) Chief Economic Advisor
3) Cabinet Secretary
4) Defence Secretary
5) Chief Information Commissioner
Answer-3) Cabinet Secretary
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the extension of Tenure of Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba by 1 year. He will continue till August 30, 2022.
i.Cabinet secretary is the senior most cadre of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
ii.The maximum term length of a CS is 4 years.
- Identify the Ministry that launched ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal & Mobile App to provide skill development programs to targeted groups.
1) Ministry of Minority Affairs
2) Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
3) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
4) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
5) Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Answer-5) Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Union Minister Virendra Kumar, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJ&E) has launched a ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal & Mobile App under the scheme PM-DAKSH (Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi) Yojana to ease the access of skill development schemes by the target groups.
i.The portal & app were developed by MoSJ&E, in collaboration with National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the 2020 Summer Olympics that was held in Tokyo, Japan.
A) With 89 Medals, China Topped the overall medal tally in the event
B) Bajrang Punia & Ravi Kumar Dahiya won Bronze Medals for India in Boxing event
C) 13-year-old Momiji Nishiya became the Youngest Gold Medallist in the history of Olympics, when she won in the inaugural edition of Skateboarding event
1) Only C
2) Only A & B
3) Only B
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & C
Answer-1) Only C
i.The US topped the Medals tally with 113 Medals (39 G, 41 S, 33 B) followed by China & Japan.
ii.Ravi Kumar Dahiya (Haryana) bagged the Silver Medal in 57 Kg Freestyle Wrestling
iii.Bajrang Punia (Haryana) clinched the Bronze medal in the Men’s Freestyle 65 Kg category Wrestling
iv.Momiji Nishiya (Japan) at 13 years old became the Youngest Gold Medallist in the history of Olympics. She won the Women’s Street Skateboarding event of the 2020 Olympics
- Annually India observes ‘Quit India Movement Day’ to mark the historic movement that was launched on ____________ during the __________ session of the All India Congress Committee.
1) 8th August 1939; Lahore
2) 10th August 1942; Bombay
3) 8th August 1935; Bombay
4) 10th August 1939; Lahore
5) 8th August 1942; Bombay
Answer-5) 8th August 1942; Bombay
i.The Quit India Movement Day is annually observed across India on 8th August to commemorate the launch of the Quit India Movement on 8th August 1942.
ii.The Quit India Movement was launched on 8th August 1942 at the Bombay session of the All India Congress Committee(AICC)
- Identify the state government that launched the Web Portal & Mobile App called “eNagar” – for efficient delivery of government services.
2) Tamil Nadu
4) West Bengal
Vijay Rupani, Chief Minister of Gujarat launched ‘eNagar’ mobile application and portal which covers 10 modules offering 52 services. The eNagar project aims to deliver efficient, transparent and scalable online citizen-centric services
- Which of the following sports was newly included into the Olympic games during the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics?
1) Triple Jump
Karate made its debut in the Olympic games during the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics.
- Who coined the term Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
1) John McCarthy
2) Alan Turing
3) Tim Berners-Lee
4) Steve Jobs
5) Vint Cerf
Answer-1) John McCarthy
In 1956, John McCarthy, an American Computer scientist coined the term ‘Artificial Intelligence (AI)’.