AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is the name of mobile doctor booth that was developed by West Central Railway’s Coach Rehabilitation Workshop (CRWS)?
The West Central Railway’s Coach Rehabilitation Workshop (CRWS) in Madhya Pradesh’s (MP) Bhopal city,has created a mobile doctor booth called “CHARAK” to eliminate the possibility of physical contact between the doctor and the coronavirus (COVID-19) infected patient.
- With which world organization Hindustan Unilever Limited joined to launch ‘#BreakTheChain’ campaign to combat Covid-19.
1) Amnesty International
2) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
3) Commonwealth of Nations
4) World Health Organisation (WHO)
5) World Economic Forum (WEF)
Answer-2) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), a British-Dutch manufacturing company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, has joined hands with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) for a mass communication campaign titled ‘#BreakTheChain’ or #VirusKiKadiTodo’ based on 3 themes – social distancing, hand washing and generosity, to inform people about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic and empower them to protect it.
- Name the University which has launched world’s 1st COVID-19 Government Response tracker.
1) Columbia University
2) University of Cambridge
3) University of Oxford
4) Stanford University
5) Harvard University
Answer-3) University of Oxford
The first ever tool to track and compare policy responses of governments tackling the coronavirus outbreak around the world has been launched by the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government.
- How many people working in informal sector in India have risk of falling into poverty as per International Labour Organization (ILO) report?
1) 150 million
2) 100 million
3) 400 million
4) 250 million
5) 300 million
Answer-3) 400 million
International Labour Organization (ILO) has released a report titled ‘ILO Monitor 2nd edition: COVID-19 and the world of work- Updated estimates and analysis’ which has also stated that about 400 million people (almost 90%) working in the informal economy in India are at risk of falling deeper into poverty due to the coronavirus crisis.
- What is the India’s Growth forecast for the FY21 as per American financial company Goldman sachs?
American multinational investment bank and financial services company, Goldman Sachs lowered India’s growth forecast for Financial Year (FY) 21 from 3.3% (estimated on March 22, 2020) to 1.6% due to the lockdown & social distancing measures to control the COVID-19 pandemic spread.
- What is the India’s GDP growth for FY 20-21 as per UN’s report titled “Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) 2020: Towards sustainable economies”?
In accordance with the United Nations (UN) Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) report titled, “Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) 2020: Towards sustainable economies” India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth for FY 20-21 is likely to be declined to 4.8% due to terrible economic impacts caused by COVID-19. On the other hand, Economic growth for the country could stand at 5.1% for fiscal year 2021-22.
- Find the person who has been appointed as MD & CEO of IFFCO Tokio General Insurance (1st women MD&CEO of the company).
1) Chitra Ramakrishna
2) Roshni Nadar
3) Mallika Srinivasan
4) Indira Nooyi
5) Anamika Roy Rashtrawar
Answer-5) Anamika Roy Rashtrawar
Anamika Roy Rashtrawar was appointed as MD (Managing Director) and CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of IFFCO Tokio General Insurance. She was the successor of Warendra Sinha.She was the first woman MD and CEO of a large private sector IFFCO Tokio general insurance company.
- The Appointments committee of cabinet has approved the extension of service for chairman of the Mumbai based Bank Board Bureau (BBB) by 2 years. Who is the Present BBB chairman (part-time)?
1) Bhanu Pratap Sharma
2) Vedika Bhandarkar
3) P Pradeep Kumar
4) Pradip P Shah
5) Arundhati Bhattacharya
Answer-1) Bhanu Pratap Sharma
According to the Department of Financial Services, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the extension of tenure of all members and the current part-time chairman of the Bank Board Bureau(BBB) by 2 years, which is coming to an end on April 11,2020. Bhanu Pratap Sharma,the former Secretary in the Department of Personnel and Training, will continue to hold the post of part-chairman of the board.
- Name the 1st English player since 2005 to be named as Wisden’s leading male cricketer of the world 2020.
1) Jofra Archer
2) Jonny Bairstow
3) Eoin Morgan
4) Ben stokes
5) Jos Butler
Answer-4) Ben stokes
Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack 2020 edition, named Ben Stokes of England and Ellyse Perry of Australia as the Leading male and female cricketer of the World 2020 respectively.
- What is the rank of Mukesh Ambani (India’s 1st – 44.8Bn) in 34th annual list of Global Billionaires 2020 (1-Jeff Bezos-124.7Bn) released by Forbes?
Answer- 3) 17
Forbes published the 34th annual list of Global Billionaires 2020 which topped Amazon Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Jeff Bezos for the 3rd time, followed by Microsoft co- founder and chairman of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Bill Gates. The chairman & managing director of Reliance Industries Mukesh Ambani (17th) topped the Indian list, followed by the founder of Avenue SupermartsRadhakishanDamani& family (65th).
Rank Name Net worth (USD- billion) 1 Jeff Bezos 124.7 2 Bill Gates 103.4 3 Bernard Arnault& family 89.8
INDIA’S TOP LIST
17 Mukesh Ambani 44.8 65 RadhakishanDamani& Family 16.6 116 Shiv Nadar 12.4
- Name the Country which has become world leader in International patent fillings at WIPO’s Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
3) United States
China has become the world leader in international patent filings via WIPO’s Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) with a total of 58,990 applications surpassing the United States (US), which was at top spot since the PCT began operations in 1978.
International patent applications by origin (PCT System) Total 265,800 Rank Country Number of Applications 1 China 58,990 2 United States of America (USA) 57,840 3 Japan 52,660 14 India 2,053
- Which Department has launched 1st of its kind iGOTportal in DIKSHA platform of Ministry of Human Resource and Development?
1) Department of Social Justice and Empowerment
2) Department of Personnel and Training
3) Department of School Education and Literacy
4) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
5) Department of Higher Education
Answer-2) Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT)
The Centre under Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has launched 1st of its kind Integrated Government Online Training (iGOT) e- learning portal on Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing (DIKSHA) platform of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to enhance capacity building of front-line workers to effectively manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Name the Ministry which released the revised version of Swachhata App to answer queries related to Covid-19.
1) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3) Ministry of Science and Technology
4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Home Affairs
Answer-4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has released a revised version of the current Swachhata-MoHUA App, a famous grievance redressal platform for people under the ambit of the Swachh Bharat Mission –Urban (SBM-U).
- CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory (NCL) has tied up with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) to produce medical devices. The CSIR-NCL is located at?
In measures to mitigate the COVID-19 outbreak the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) constituent Lab, CSIR-NCL (National Chemical Laboratory) Pune, Maharashtra has developed two new medical components in collaboration with Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL), Pune viz:Digital IR Thermometer, Oxygen enrichment unit (OEU).
- Which autonomous institute (based on Bengaluru) under the Department of Science and Technology has developed antimicrobial coating to stop spread of virus?
1) S.N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
2) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology
3) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR)
4) Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology
5) Institute for Advanced Studies in Science Technology
Answer-3) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR)
The Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore, an autonomous institute under Department of Science and Technology (DST) developed an antimicrobial coating, which controls the spread of deadly influenza virus and COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- Hyderabad based Indian Immunologicals Limited (IIL) has signed an agreement with Australia’s Griffith University to develop vaccine for Covid-19. IIL is subsidiary of which Institute?
1) Central Boardof Exciseand Customs (CBEC)
2) Board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (BIFR)
3) National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)
4) National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB)
5) Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB)
Answer-3) National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)
Hyderabad- based Indian Immunologicals Limited (IIL), a subsidiary of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), has inked agreement with Australia’s Griffith University to develop a Live Attenuated SARS CoV-2 Vaccine or COVID- 19 vaccine using the latest codon de-optimisation technology.
- Who authored the book “Memoirs and misinformation”?
1) Jim Carrey
2) Dana Vachon
3) Toni Morrison
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Canadian American comedian & actor Jim Carrey and writer Dana Vachon authored a novel “Memoirs and Misinformation” a fearless and semi-autobiographical novel about the reconstruction of personality. It is published by Alfred A Knopf, publishing house & will be published on May 2020.
- Name the person who authored the book titled ‘The Wizenard Series: Season One’created by Kobe Bryant.
1) Alice Walker
2) Harper Lee
3) Ralph Ellison
4) William Faulkner
5) Wesley King
Answer-5) Wesley King
The book ‘The Wizenard Series: Season One’ is created by American Basket baller Kobe Bryant & authored by Wesley King tops the New York Times’ middle-grade hardcover list, which is to be released on April 19, 2020. It is published by Kobe Bryant’s Granity Studios(April 1, 2020).
- Which American Author & reporter has written the book named ‘The Art of Her Deal: The Untold Story of Melania Trump’?
1) Mary Jordan
2) Martha Gellhorn
3) Jimmy Breslin
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)
Answer-1) Mary Jordan
The Pulitzer Prize-winning American reporter for The Washington Post, Mary Jordan has written a book titled ‘The Art of Her Deal: The Untold Story of Melania Trump’. It is published by Simon & Schuster and is to be released on June 16, 2020.
- American John Prine (Grammy Awardee) who died recently (in April 2020) is _________.
1) Rap Singer
2) Jazz Singer
3) Pop Singer
4) Classical Singer
5) Folk Singer
Answer-5) Folk Singer
American folk singer, songwriter(social & protest element), 2-time Grammy award winner (1991 & 2005) & Grammy lifetime achievement award winner (2020) John Prine passed away at 73, in Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee due to coronavirus complications. He was born on October 10, 1946 in Maywood, Illinois, United States.
- The 2-time Olympic finalist Donato Sabia (died in Apr 2020) was born in which country?
3) United Kingdom
Donato Sabia, twice Olympics 800 meters finalist and the former European Indoor Champion, passed away at the age of 56 in Potenza, Italy due to Coronavirus. He was born on September 11, 1963 in Potenzo, Italy.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- SardharVallabhai Patel Indoor stadium is in which state?
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation, Maharashtra would be using the Sardar Vallabhai Patel stadium at the National Sports Club of India (NSCI) complex in Worli as an observation facility for people who may have meet coronavirus patients.
- What is the abbreviation of OMSS?
Answer-Open Market Sale Scheme
The Government recently directed FCI (Food Corporation of India) to provide Wheat and Rice at the Open Market Sale Scheme (OMSS) rates to NGOs and Charitable organizations without going through the e-auction process.
- Military Cooperation Group (MCG) is the dialogue between which countries?
Answer-Indian and United States
The MCG is a forum to review the progress of defence cooperation between India’s Integrated Defence Staff and the the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM) at the strategic and operational levels.
- Name the 1st Indian state which is going to measure Gross Environment Product (GEP)?
Uttarakhand state is going to become the first state of the country to measure Gross Environment Product (GEP) for quantifying ecological growth measurement.
- Which University has developed new red paddy variety named ‘Sahyadri Megha’ to resist blast disease?
Answer-University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences (UAHS), Karnataka
As part of its initiative to prevent decline in the area under paddy cultivation, the University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences(UAHS), Shivamogga, Karnataka has developed ‘Sahyadri Megha’, a new red variety of paddy that is resistant to blast disease and rich in nutrients.
- Where is the HQ of World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) located?
- Where is the Headquarters of International Labour Organization (ILO) located?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]