AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 & 11 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- What amount was given (in Oct’ 21) by the ‘Tata Sons Private Limited’ to acquire 100% stake of ‘Air India’?
1) Rs 11,000 crore
2) Rs 15,000 crore
3) Rs 18,000 crore
4) Rs 22,000 crore
5) Rs 30,000 crore
Answer-3) Rs 18,000 crore
Tata Sons Private Ltd subsidiary Talace Pvt Ltd won the final bid for acquiring the national carrier Air India (AI) by submitting a Rs 18,000 crore bid. The bid involves sale of 100% stake AI, 100 percent stake in AI’s subsidiary Air India Express (AIXL) and 50% in the joint venture Air India SATS (Air India SATS Airport Services Private Limited).
About Tata Sons Private Ltd:
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Executive Chairman – N Chandrasekaran
- Which organization recently (in Oct’ 21) signed an MoU with Croatia’s ‘Kvarner Health Tourism Cluster’ to improve the traditional medicine system?
1) Gujarat Ayurved University
2) All India Institute of Ayurveda
3) North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda and Homeopathy
4) AIIMS Cohort Study
5) Ayurvedic and Unani Tibbia College
Answer-2) All India Institute of Ayurveda
India’s All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) under Ministry of Ayush and Croatia’s Kvarner Health Tourism Cluster entered into an MoU for academic collaboration in traditional medicine systems, especially in the field of ayurveda.
About All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA):
Director – Dr Tanuja Nesari
Headquarters – New Delhi, India
- Where was the 1st ‘International Conference on Yoga and Ayurveda’ held under the theme ‘Ayurveda for Health and Wellness’?
1) Bhubaneswar, India
2) Belgrade, Serbia
3) Yekaterinburg, Russia
4) Lausanne, Switzerland
5) Zagreb, Croatia
Answer-5) Zagreb, Croatia
The 1st International Conference on Yoga and Ayurveda was held in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia.The Embassy of India, Zagreb organised the conference with the support of the Ministry of AYUSH. Theme of the conference was ‘Ayurveda for Health and Wellness’.
President –Zoran Milanovic
Currency – Croatian kuna
- In October 2021, 3 products from _______ were awarded with Geographical Indication (GI) tags which includes __________, Kallakurichi Wood carvings & Kanyakumari Clove.
1) Andhra Pradesh; Karuppur Kalamkari paintings
2) Andhra Pradesh; Sohrai Khovar paintings
3) Tamil Nadu; Karuppur Kalamkari paintings
4) Tamil Nadu; Sohrai Khovar paintings
5) Kerala; Karuppur Kalamkari paintings
Answer-3) Tamil Nadu; Karuppur Kalamkari paintings
In October 2021, 3 products from Tamil Nadu were awarded with Geographical Indication (GI) tags.
• Karuppur Kalamkari paintings- Traditional dyed paintings made on pure cotton cloth. These were patronised by Nayaka rulers back in the 17th century.
• Kallakurichi Wood carvings – Traditional wood carvings that are indigenous art of Madurai.
• Kanyakumari Clove – Known for its rich aromatic oil content, with volatile oil content of 21% (normal 18%) resulting in 86% of eugenol.
- How much percent of ‘Biomass Pellets’ is mandatory to use in coal-burning thermal power plants as per the revised policy (in Oct’ 21) of the Ministry of Power?
The Ministry of Power set a revised policy to use biomass pellets in coal-burning thermal power plants. This encourages the use of agricultural waste, which will be burnt by the farmers and cause air pollution.
i. The revised policy made it mandatory for 3 categories of thermal power plants to use a 5% blend of biomass pellets along with coal.
- Which bank was recently (in Oct’ 21) authorised by RBI to collect Direct and Indirect Taxes, on behalf of CBDT & CBIC?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) Kotak Mahendra Bank
4) Federal Bank
5) DBS Bank
Answer-4) Federal Bank
The Federal Bank was authorised by the RBI, based on the recommendation of Controller General of Accounts, Ministry of Finance, for collection of Direct and Indirect Taxes, on behalf of CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes) and CBIC (Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs).
i. Federal Bank also upgraded its Mobile Banking App anmed ‘FedMobile’.
- In October 2021, RBI’s 6-members Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) released its fourth bi-monthly monetary policy statement.
Which of the following point(s) are correct with respect to these announcements?
A) RBI kept the rates unchanged and continued with the accommodative stance perpetuating the Policy Repo Rate at 3.35% and MSF Rate at 4%.
B) The MPC retained India’s real GDP growth projection for FY22 at 8.8% & CPI inflation at 4.9% in FY22.
C) RBI decided to extend the on tap ‘Special Long-Term Repo Operations’ (SLTRO) facility for small finance banks (SFBs) till December 31, 2021.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) Only C
Answer-5) Only C
i. RBI kept the rates unchanged for the 8th consecutive time & continued with the accommodative stance perpetuating the rates as follows- Policy Repo Rate- 4%, Reverse Repo Rate- 3.35%, Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) Rate- 4.25%, Bank Rate- 4.25%, Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR)- 4% and Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR)-18%.
ii. The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) retained India’s real GDP growth projection for FY22 at 9.5% & Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation at 5.3% in FY22.
iii. RBI decided to extend the on tap ‘Special Long-Term Repo Operations’ (SLTRO) facility for small finance banks (SFBs) till December 31, 2021.
- Aveek Sarkar was recently (in Oct’ 21) re-elected as the Chairman of which organization?
1) Hindustan Samachar
2) Prasar Bharati
3) Samachar Bharati
4) Press Trust of India
5) Mumbai Samachar
Answer-4) Press Trust of India
Aveek Sarkar, the Editor Emeritus and Vice Chairman of the Ananda Bazar Group of Publications, was re-elected as the Chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI) for a period of 2 years.
- In October 2021, Sarbananda Sonowal launched a mobile app named- ‘_________’ to promote transparency & easy access to port related information.
5) Port Alert
Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, launched “MyPortApp”, a mobile app targeted towards port users to provide various port services in Kolkata. It will promote transparency and easy access to port related information.
i. Sarbanada Sonowal also inaugurated a 1 MegaWatt solar plant in Haldia port of West Bengal to produce renewable energy for port operations.
- Name the country that built ‘Indian Naval Fast Attack Craft (IN FAC) T 80’ that was recently (in Oct’ 21) decommissioned by Indian Navy at Mumbai, Maharashtra
Indian Naval Fast Attack Craft (IN FAC) T 80 was decommissioned during a ceremony at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai (Maharashtra). It was the first of the Super Dvora Mk II class, built by lAI Ramta at Be’er Sheva, Israel.