AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Who inaugurated (in Aug’ 21) the 2 day long – ‘Ladakh Nomadic Festival’ in the Korzok Phu region of Ladakh to promote tourism?
1) G. C. Murmu
2) Satya Pal Malik
3) Bhagat Singh Koshyari
4) Manoj Sinha
5) Radha Krishna Mathur
Answer-5) Radha Krishna Mathur
Lt. Governor Radha Krishna Mathur inaugurated a 2 day ‘ Ladakh Nomadic Festival’ in the region of Changthang at Korzok Phu, Ladakh. He admired the exquisite product – Pashmina, for which Changthang people are known around the world.
i. LG also visited Korzyk monastery and geothermal project site at Puga.
- In August 2021, Indian Navy with INS Tabar conducted its 1st ever Maritime Partnership Exercise in Mediterranean Sea with which country?
The Indian Navy conducted the 1st Ever Maritime Partnership Exercise with the Algerian Navy in the Mediterranean Sea on 29th August 2021, where INS Tabar represented India.
Capital – Algiers
Currency – Algerian Dinar
- In August 2021, ___________________ under its current Presidency of the UN Security Council adopted a resolution on _______________.
1) India; Pakistan
2) Germany; Pakistan
3) Germany; Afghanistan
4) France; Afghanistan
5) India; Afghanistan
Answer-5) India; Afghanistan
United Nations Security Council (UNSC), the 15-Nation body has adopted a strong resolution on Afghanistan under India’s Presidency.
i.PM Narendra Modi also constituted a High-level group to monitor the situation in Afghanistan
- Which organisation will be benefited through ‘iAML’ – an Anti-Money Launder solution launched by IDBI Intech?
IDBI Intech Limited, a technology-led business transformation organisation, has implemented its iAML (Anti Money Laundering) solution at Life Insurance Corporation of India(LIC) to offer various specialised solutions in the banking, financial services and Insurance(BFSI) sector.
- Which organisation partnered with ‘Simplilearn’ & NPCI (in Aug’21) to launch an advanced executive program on Cybersecurity?
1) IIIT Bangalore
2) NIT Tiruchirappalli
3) NIT Warangal
4) IIIT Tiruchirappalli
5) IIT Madras
Answer-1) IIIT Bangalore
Simplilearn, one of the world’s leading certification training providers, has partnered with the International Institute of Information Technology(IIIT), Bangalore and National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI) to provide an advanced executive programme in cybersecurity.
- In August 2021, _______________ was appointed as the Director General of Border Security Force, while Sanjay Arora was appointed as the Director General of __________.
1) Surjeet Singh Deswal; ITBP
2) Balaji Srivastav; CRPF
3) Balaji Srivastav; ITBP
4) Pankaj Kumar Singh; ITBP
5) Pankaj Kumar Singh; CRPF
Answer-4) Pankaj Kumar Singh; ITBP
The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet(ACC) appointed Pankaj Kumar Singh as the Director General(DG) of Border Security Force(BSF).
i.Sanjay Arora, IPS officer of 1988 batch from Tamil Nadu cadre was appointed as the new Chief of ITBP(Indo Tibetan Border Force).
ii.Balaji Srivastav was appointed as the Director General (DG) of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D).
- Name the Company that recently (in Aug’21) acquired 100% shares of ‘BillDesk’ for USD 4.7 billion.
PayU, a subsidiary of Prosus has entered into an agreement with the shareholders of IndiaIdeas.com Limited (BillDesk)to acquire 100% of its Equity shares for 4.7 Billion USD (around Rs 34 thousand Crores).
- Name the mobile app launched by the Ministry of AYUSH (in Aug’21) to promote Yoga among office goers.
1) Y Break
2) Yoga Go
3) Yoga Health
4) Y Go Break
5) Y Health
Answer-1) Y Break
Union Minister of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy (AYUSH), Sarbananda Sonowal has launched Mobile Application –Y Break App
i.It is a 5 minutes Yoga protocol for Office goers which includes Asanas, Pranayama and Dhyana.
- In August 2021, a series of appointments were made to the Indian Judicial system. What are the points that are correctly related to the initiative?
A) President Ram Nath Kovind appointed Satish Chandra Sharma as the acting Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court
B) A total of 9 new Judges, with 6 women Judges were appointed to the Supreme Court, taking the total strength of the Court to 34
C) Rohinton Fali Nariman was appointed as the Chairman of Supreme Court Legal Services Committee(SCLSC)
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A
4) Only A & C
5) Only B
Answer-3) Only A
i.The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind has appointed the Acting Chief Justice(ACJ) for the High Courts (HC):
Karnataka HC – Satish Chandra Sharma
Sikkim HC – Meenakshi Madan Rai
Telangana HC – M. S. Sri Ramachandra Rao
ii.The appointment of the 9 Judges including 3 women, takes the total strength of judges of the Supreme court to 33 (including Chief Justice), the maximum possible strength of the Supreme Court is 34.
iii.Justice AM Khanwilkar, was appointed as the Chairman of Supreme Court Legal Services Committee(SCLSC).
- In August 2021, Nirmala Sitharaman launched the “My Pad My Right” project, an initiative of ___________, in ______________.
1) NITI Aayog; Assam
2) NITI Aayog; Tripura
3) NITI Aayog; Uttarakhand
4) NABARD; Uttarakhand
5) NABARD; Tripura
Answer-5) NABARD; Tripura
Nirmala Sitharaman, Union Minister of Finance has launched the “My Pad My Right” (MPMR) project, at Killa Village, Gomati District, Tripura on the concluding day of her 2-day visit to Tripura. MPMR project is an initiative of NABARD & its subsidiary NABFOUNDATION, to install low cost sanitary pad making machines in more than 700 districts.