AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In June 2021, Ministry of Jal Shakti released a Glacial Lake Atlas of _______________ to study the impact of Climate Change
1) Indus River Basin
2) Kaveri River Basin
3) Brahmaputra River Basin
4) Ganga River Basin
5) Krishna River BasinAnswer-4) Ganga River Basin
Glacial Lake Atlas of Ganga River Basin was virtually released by Pankaj Kumar, Secretary, Department of Water Resources, Ministry of Jal Shakti. Glacial Atlas is an initiative under National Hydrology Project (NHP) to study on climate change impact analysis
i.During the event, Chairman ISRO K. Sivan, launched the NHP– Bhuvan portal of National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC)
- Name the organisation that recently (in June’21) released the ‘Study on Not-For-Profit Hospital Model in India’
1) National Human Rights Commission
2) Department of Health Research
3) NITI Aayog
4) Indian Council of Medical Research
5) Competition Commission of IndiaAnswer-3) NITI Aayog
As India’s policies and programmes are aimed at achieving Universal Health Coverage by 2030, NITI Aayog released the Study on Not-For-Profit Hospital Model in India-Web providing insight into their operation model. Not-for-profit hospitals account for only 2.7% of in-patients in the country.
About NITI Aayog:
Chairperson– Prime Minister of India
CEO– Amitabh Kant
- What are the points that are correctly related to the Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises (PMFME) scheme?
A) PMFME was launched in 2019, with an outlay of Rs 20,000 crores for 10-years, till 2029-30
B) Ministry of Food Processing & Industries signed 3 joint letters with 3 other Ministries – Rural Development, Tribal Affairs, Housing and Urban Affairs
C) Indian Bank was appointed as the Nodal bank for implementing PMFME scheme, while 6 other PSU banks as official lending partnerships
1) Only B & C
2) Only A
3) All A, B & C
4) Only B
5) Only A & CAnswer-4) Only B
The PMFME scheme, which was launched under the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, celebrated its 1st anniversary in June 2021.
i.It was launched with an outlay of INR 10,000 crore over a period of 5 years from 2020-21 to 2024-25.
ii.To improve the capacity of the PMFME Scheme, 54 Common Incubation Centres have been approved in 17 States and UTs.
iii.The Ministry of Food Processing & Industries (MoFPI) signed 3 joint letters with the Ministry of Rural Development, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, and the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
iv.Union Bank of India was nominated as the Nodal Bank for implementing the PMFME scheme, while 11 other banks as official lending partnerships.
- As per StartupBlink’s Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021 – India was ranked as ______ best country, while in the City-wise category, ___________ was ranked 10th best city for startups
1) 20th; Noida
2) 13th; Bangalore
3) 23rd; Noida
4) 20th; Bangalore
5) 13th; NoidaAnswer-4) 20th; Bangalore
StartupBlink released the Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021, which ranks countries & cities depending on the Startup Environment. In the country-wise ranking, India with a score of 8.833 was ranked 20th out of 100 countries. The United States (US) topped the index followed by the United Kingdom (UK) & Israel.
i.In the City-wise ranking – San Francisco Bay, USA topped the ranking, and with 10th Rank – Bangalore, Karnataka emerged as India’s best city for start-ups.
- Which Indian City was ranked at 6th place in the Top 10 Established Technology submarket for companies to set up operation in Asia-Pacific, as per the “Growth engines of innovation” report released by Colliers?
1) Hyderabad, Telangana
2) Gurugram, Haryana
3) New Delhi
4) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
5) Bangalore, KarnatakaAnswer-5) Bangalore, Karnataka
In accordance with the report by Colliers titled ‘Growth engines of innovation: How Asia Pacific’s technology hubs are reshaping regional real estate’, Outer Ring road of Bengaluru (Karnataka) has been ranked 6th in the top 10 established technology submarkets in APAC (Asia Pacific) for companies to set up operations. The list was topped by Beijing (China).
- Which bank partnered with Amazon Web Services (in June’21) to enhance its digital banking services?
1) IndusInd Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-2) Axis Bank
Axis Bank, made a multi-year agreement with Amazon Web Services (AWS), the cloud computing arm of Amazon to build a portfolio of new digital financial services with technology changes, and new payment modes for better banking experiences to customers.
About Axis Bank:
MD & CEO – Amitabh Chaudhry
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Identify the Small Finance Bank (SFB) that partnered with LoanTap to provide personal loans upto Rs 10 lakhs to salaried professionals
1) Ujjivan SFB
2) AU SFB
3) Utkarsh SFB
4) Equitas SFB
5) Janalakshmi SFBAnswer-1) Ujjivan SFB
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (SFB) partnered with LoanTap Financial Technologies Pvt. Ltd., a digital lender, to provide personal loans ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 10 lakh to salaried professionals.
About Ujjivan SFB:
Establishment – 2017
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- In June 2021, the Central Government extended the tenure of Amitabh Kant, ________ of NITI Aayog by _________.
1) CEO; 6-months
2) Chairman; 2-years
3) Vice-Chairman; 2-years
4) Vice- Chairman; 6-months
5) CEO; 1-yearsAnswer-5) CEO; 1-years
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the extension in tenure of Amitabh Kant as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Niti Aayog for a period of one year up to 30.06. 2022.
- Which organisation developed the “Atmanirbhar Krishi app” to provide soil based cropping guidance to farmers?
1) National Informatics Centre
2) Tata Consultancy Services
3) Tech Mahindra
5) InfosysAnswer-3) Tech Mahindra
The Office of Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) to the Government of India launched the Atmanirbhar Krishi app under the KisanMitr initiative. It has been designed and built by Tech Mahindra.
i.The app collects Data related to soil type, soil health, moisture, weather, and water table and generates personalized insights related to crop selection, fertilizer requirements, and water needs for each farmer.
- In June 2021, Microsoft launched “Windows 11” Operating System, which includes the unique feature of Android App support using _________.
1) Amazon App Store
2) Google Play Store
3) Samsung Galaxy Store
4) Apple App Store
5) Huawei AppGalleryAnswer-1) Amazon App Store
i.Microsoft officially launched its new Windows operating system ‘Windows 11’ on June 24, 2021.
ii.One of the unique features of Windows 11 is that it will support Android apps via Amazon’s app store.