AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which Ministry organized the NCAVES (Natural Capital Accounting and Valuation of the Ecosystem Services) India Forum-2021?
1) Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEF)
2) Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI)
3) Ministry of Finance (FinMin)
4) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
5) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
Answer-2) Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI)
NCAVES (Natural Capital Accounting and Valuation of the Ecosystem Services) India Forum-2021 was organized by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) through virtual mode on January 14, 21, 28, 2021. It is aimed to Spread the knowledge of Environmental-Economic accounting for Sustainable Economic Growth using the United Nations’ System of Environmental-Economic Accounting (SEEA) framework. Participating Countries – India, Brazil, China, Mexico & South Africa.
- Where was India’s 1st indigenous metro racks deployed, in January 2021?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Kochi, Kerala
3) Kolkata, West Bengal
4) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
5) Mumbai, Maharashtra
Answer-5) Mumbai, Maharashtra
On 29th January 2021, Uddhav Thackeray, Chief Minister of Maharashtra unveiled the first indigenous metro racks for the new Metro line of Mumbai – Metro 2A and 7 at the Charkop Metro Depot, Mumbai, Maharashtra. The rake was manufactured by Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) and delivered the first ‘Made in India’ rake from the Bengaluru facility of BEML. This metro line will become functional from June 2021.
- Which organisation recently (in Jan 2021), set up an ‘Innovation Sandbox’ web portal?
1) National Stock Exchange (NSE)
2) Life Insurance Corporation (LIC)
3) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
4) Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
5) NITI Aayog
Answer-4) Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) has set up an ‘Innovation Sandbox’ web portal, a workflow based platform. It is a testing environment that enables FinTech firms and individuals to do offline testing of their applications. The innovation sandbox is set up as per the guidelines of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). The applicants can access the APIs, test data of stock exchanges, depositories and Qualified Registrar and Share Transfer Agents (QRTAs) etc. through this portal.
- Which Indian Brand was ranked 5th as per the Global 500 – Brand Strength Index (BSI) 2021?
1) Bharti Airtel
3) Reliance Jio
Answer-3) Reliance Jio
As per the Global 500 2021, an annual report on the most valuable and strongest global brands of Brand Finance, Reliance Jio has been ranked in 5th position as world’s strongest brand with a Brand Strength Index (BSI) score of 91.7 out of 100 and AAA+ brand strength rating. Reliance Jio enters the ranking for the 1st time. The list is topped by WeChat with a BSI score of 95.4 followed by Ferrari with 93.9 BSI score. Russian bank Sber is spotted in 3rd rank with 92.0 BSI score followed by Coca-Cola with 91.7 BSI score.
- What was India’s rank in the ‘COVID Performance Index: Deconstructing Pandemic Responses’ report released by Lowy Institute?
According to the ‘COVID Performance Index: Deconstructing Pandemic Responses’ released by Australia based Lowy Institute, India with a score of 24.3 was ranked at 86 out of 98 Countries on basis of its response towards tackling the Pandemic.
Rank Country Average 86 India 24.3 1 New Zealand 94.4 2 Vietnam 90.8 3 Taiwan 86.4
- Who was recently (in Jan 2021), appointed as the MD & CEO of SBI Cards and Payment Services Ltd?
1) Ashwini Kumar Tewari
2) V. G. Kannan
3) Rama Mohan Rao Amara
4) Pallav Mohapatra
5) Ashwani Bhatia
Answer-3) Rama Mohan Rao Amara
On January 30, 2021 Rama Mohan Rao Amara took charge as the Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of SBI Cards and Payment Services Ltd for a period of 2 years. He succeeds Ashwini Kumar Tewari, who was appointed as one of the 4 Managing Directors(MDs) of State Bank of India (SBI). He started his banking career with SBI in 1991 as a Probationary Officer(PO).
- Which organisation recently (in Jan 2021) listed 2020 as the “worst year on record” in its “World Tourism Barometer”?
1) World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC)
2) World Trade Organisation (WTO)
3) International Air Transport Association (IATA)
4) UN World Tourism Organization (UN-WTO)
5) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Answer-4) UN World Tourism Organization (UN-WTO)
In accordance with the latest United Nations World Tourism Organization (UN-WTO) “World Tourism Barometer”, the year 2020 was the “worst year on record” as global tourism suffered adversely due to international travel bans implemented to contain the COVID-19 outbreak. The world saw a global tourism decline of 74% (-74%) which resulted in 1 billion fewer international arrivals than 2019. On the regional front, Asia and the Pacific aced sharpest year-on-year contraction of 84% (-84%). It was followed by the Middle East (-75%) and Europe (-70%).
- Which Indian city comes along the flow of Devika river?
1) Udhampur, J&K
3) Patna, Bihar
4) Trichy, Tamil Nadu
5) Kozhikode, Kerala
Answer-1) Udhampur, J&K
The work on devika river the Rs 186.74-crore river rejuvenation project under the National River Conservation Plan (NRCP) started in March 2019 in Udhampur, Jammu & Kashmir and was scheduled to be completed in two years (by 2021).
- When was the Competition Commission of India (CCI) established?
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) established by the Central Government with effect from 14th October 2003.
- Who authored the book, “Yearbook” a collection of true stories and essays?
1) Seth Rogen
2) Dwayne Johnson
3) Zac Efron
4) Jonah Hill
5) Tom Holland
Answer-1) Seth Rogen
Seth Rogen, Hollywood Actor, comedian, and a writer authored his debut book titled “Yearbook” a collection of true stories and essays of Seth Rogen. The hardcover and digital format of the book will be published by Crown Publishing Group and the audio edition of the book will be released by Penguin Random House Audio.