AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which organisation released the report, “Investment Opportunities in India’s Healthcare Sector” that predicts Investments in Healthcare sector to reach USD 372 bn by 2022?
1) NITI Aayog
2) Department of Economic Affairs
3) Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade
4) Indian Council of Medical Research
5) Confederation of Indian Industry
Answer- 1) NITI Aayog
In March 2021, NITI Aayog released the report ‘Investment Opportunities in India’s Healthcare Sector’. The report highlights the range of investment opportunities in different segments of India’s Healthcare sector.
· Investments in the Healthcare sector are expected to reach USD 372 Billion in 2022.
· The sector has been growing at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 22% since 2016
- Which country recently signed 4 agreements (in Mar’21) with India to provide financial support worth Rs. 1.93 crores for Healthcare development projects?
4) South Korea
Answer- 5) Japan
On March 30, 2021, India & Japan signed 4 Agreements worth ~ 29.30 Million Yen (~ INR 1.93 Crores/~ USD 265,000). Under these agreements, Japan will support Healthcare projects funded under the Grant Assistance for Grassroots Projects (GGP) scheme in India.
· GGP scheme was introduced in 1989 by the Japanese government to provide financial assistance for development projects in around 100 developing countries.
- To which country the New Development Bank approved a loan worth USD 1 Billion as covid-19 assistance, during the 6th Annual meeting of the Board of Governors of NDB that was virtually attended by Nirmala Sitharaman?
Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman attended the 6th Annual meeting of the Board of Governors of New Development Bank (NDB, formerly known as BRICS Development Bank), 2021 through video-conference in New Delhi. Due to pandemic, the Annual meeting took place in a virtual format.
· NDB approved a loan of up to USD 1 Billion to support healthcare workers treating patients for COVID-19 in Russia.
- Which bank partnered (in Mar’21) with Tide India platform to provide bank accounts for the Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) customers of Tide India?
1) DCB Bank
2) IDFC First Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) RBL Bank
5) South Indian Bank
Answer-4) RBL Bank
RBL Bank, a Private sector lender, collaborated with UK based business banking fintech Tide Platform Limited (Tide) to provide bank account infrastructure to Tide’s India platform, which is focused to serve mainly small and medium enterprises(SMEs).
· Tide’s first market outside the UK, is India due to India’s vast SME population.
· Under this tie-up, RBL Bank will provide options for the SMEs to open current and savings accounts.
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) will offer the mobile app, ‘nLincs’ to its customers under its recently (in Mar’21) partnership with nStore Technologies?
1) Ujjivan SFB
2) Equitas SFB
3) AU SFB
4) Janalakshmi SFB
5) Suryoday SFB
Answer-1) Ujjivan SFB
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (Ujjivan SFB) partnered with nStore Technologies Private Limited (nStore)to digitise offline retailers and small businesses in India.
· Under this collaboration, Ujjivan SFB will offer the mobile application ‘nLincs’, to its current account holders who own local businesses and enable them to sell their products online.
· Digital banking services like merchant QR, Current Account & Overdraft (OD) facilities can also be availed by business entities.
- Which bank signed a $1 billion loan agreement (in Mar’21) with Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) to provide loans to Japanese automobile manufacturers in India?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) Indian Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) Punjab National Bank
Answer-4) State Bank of India
On March 31, 2021, the State Bank of India (SBI) signed a loan agreement of $1 billion with the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) to provide loans for the whole range of business operations of the Japanese automobile manufacturers in India.
· In October 2020, SBI made a similar $1 billion loan agreement with JBIC. After the current loan agreement, the total loan facility is now about $2 billion.
- What was the GDP growth projected for India in FY-2022 as per the UN-ESCAP’s “Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2021: Towards post-COVID-19 resilient economies” report?
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN-ESCAP) reported the survey on economic growth over Asia and the pacific region the report titled “Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2021: Towards post-COVID-19 resilient economies”.
· The report has forecasted the Indian economy to grow at 7% in FY22 against a contraction of 7.7%(-7.7%) in FY21.
· It reported a “K-shaped recovery” in the economics of the Asia Pacific region, including India.
- Who received the Saraswati Samman 2020 award for his novel “Sanatan”?
1) Harivansh Rai Bachchan
2) Sharankumar Limbale
3) K Siva Reddy
4) Sitanshu Yashaschandra
5) Vasdev Mohi
Answer-2) Sharankumar Limbale
KK Birla Foundation has selected well known Marathi writer Dr. Sharankumar Limbale, as the recipient of Saraswati Samman 2020 for his 2018 Marathi novel titled “Sanatan”. The Saraswati Samman 2020 marks the 30th Saraswati Samman.
- Who won the Gold medal in the 2021 ISSF World Cup in the Women’s 25m Pistol event?
1) Chinki Yadav
2) Rahi Sarnobat
3) Manu Bhaker
4) Yashaswini Singh Deswal
5) Manisha Keer
Answer-1) Chinki Yadav
The 2021 ISSF World Cup,
· Yashaswini Singh Deswal (World No.1 in 10m Air Pistol Women) won the Gold medal in the Women’s 10m Air Pistol event.
· Chinki Yadav (World No.1 in 25m Pistol Women) won the Golden in the Women’s 25m Pistol event.
- Which state recently (in Mar’21) inaugurated its 1st school with indigenous language & knowledge system called ‘Nyubu Nyvgam Yerko’?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer-3) Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu along with Union MoS for Sports & Youth Affairs Kiren Rijiju has inaugurated the state’s first formal indigenous language and knowledge system school called ‘Nyubu Nyvgam Yerko’ at Rang Village, Seppa in East Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh.