AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 & 2 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In July 2021, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) signed a Record of Discussions with India to strengthen its technical cooperation with which institution?
1) IISc Bangalore
2) IIT Madras
3) NIT Trichy
4) NIT Warangal
5) IIT Hyderabad
Answer-5) IIT Hyderabad
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has signed a Record of Discussions with the Indian government to strengthen its technical cooperation project with the IIT-Hyderabad – Phase 2 of FRIENDSHIP (Future Researchers at IITH to Enhance Network Development with Scholarship).
- Identify the Organisation that partnered with CBSE (in July’21) to launch – ‘AI For All’ programme to create awareness on Artificial Intelligence
Intel collaborated with the CBSE to launch – ‘AI For All’ under its ‘AI For Citizens’ programme to create a basic understanding of artificial intelligence (AI) for Indian people, which is available in 11 vernacular languages.
- In July 2021, ____________ represented India in the 36th Edition of Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) that was held between Indian Navy & ___________ in Indian Ocean.
1) INS Saryu; Bangladesh Navy
2) INS Kesari; Bangladesh Navy
3) INS Saryu; Thailand Navy
4) INS Kesari; Indonesian Navy
5) INS Saryu; Indonesian Navy
Answer-5) INS Saryu; Indonesian Navy
The 36th Edition of Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) was held between the Navies of India and Indonesia from July 30-31, 2021 in the Indian Ocean region (IOR). INS Saryu represented Indian Side.
- As per the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment Bill), 2021 – The minimum threshold for initiating pre-packaged insolvency resolution has been increased to ___________.
1) Rs 10 crore
2) Rs 5 crore
3) Rs 1 crore
4) Rs 50 lakhs
5) Rs 10 lakhs
Answer-3) Rs 1 crore
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment Bill), 2021 was passed in the Parliament without any discussions. The bill proposes a pre-packaged insolvency resolution process for Corporate debtors under the MSME Development Act.
i.The bill specifies a minimum threshold of not more than INR 1 crore for initiating the pre-packaged insolvency resolution process
- Name the organisation that recently (in July’21) signed an MoU with Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) for Technology ‘Transfer of Nano Urea Liquid fertilizer
1) National Fertilizers Limited
2) Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilisers
3) Krishak Bharati Cooperative
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3
Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
National Fertilisers Limited (NFL) & Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilisers Ltd (RCF) signed an MoU with Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) for ‘Transfer of Technology’ of fertiliser Nano Urea Liquid.
- As per the QS Best Student Cities 2022’ ranking, India’s _________ was ranked at ____ in the Top 100 cities globally in the ‘employer activity’ indicator
1) Mumbai; 27th
2) Mumbai; 52nd
3) Bangalore; 27th
4) Bangalore; 7th
5) Bangalore; 52nd
Answer-2) Mumbai; 52nd
Mumbai, Maharashtra and Bangalore, Karnataka ranked above 100 in the ‘QS Best Student Cities 2022’ ranking of QS Quacquarelli Symonds, they became the only 2 cities to get ranked from India.
i.Mumbai ranked as 52nd among the top 100 cities globally in the ‘employer activity’ indicator
ii.Bangalore ranked 7th among the top-10 under the indicator of ‘affordable cities’ for students.
- In July 2021, Guido Bellido was appointed as the Prime Minister of which country?
4) Costa Rica
Peruvian President Pedro Castillo named Guido Bellido as the New Prime Minister of Peru. He will hold power from 2021-26.
Capital – Lima
Currency – Sol
- In which Indian Company did Ontario Municipal Employees’ Retirement System (OMERS) acquired a 19.4% stakes (in July’21) from International Finance Corporation?
1) Azure Power
2) ReNew Power
3) Tata Power Solar
5) Jinko Solar
Answer-1) Azure Power
Ontario Municipal Employees’ Retirement System (OMERS) acquired a 19.4% stake in Azure Power Global for $219 million from the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC).
- Who authored the book, “My Own Mazagon: The History of a Little Island in the Bombay Archipelago”?
1) Ramesh Babu
2) Sudeep Nagarkar
3) R. Hari Kumar
4) Shekhar Sinha
5) Narayan Prasad
Answer-1) Ramesh Babu
Captain Ramesh Babu, authored a new book titled “My Own Mazagon: The History of a Little Island in the Bombay Archipelago”. It is the the history and story of Mazagon, the island which was merged into a single entity as Bombay.
- Which is the 1st Indian State to provide 1% reservation for Transgender community under all category for government services?
1) Tamil Nadu
Karnataka has become the 1st state in the country to provide 1% horizontal reservation for the transgender in each category of General, SC, ST & OBC for all government services.
Chief Minister– Basavaraj Bommai