Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- State Assembly elections have been announced by the Election Commission of India for 5 states, when is the counting of votes scheduled for all the 5 states?
Answer: c) May 19
Explanation: The Election Commission of India has announced Assembly Elections dates for Kerala, West Bengal, Tamilnadu, Assam, and Puduchchery. The polls will be held between April 4 and May 16, the counting of votes in all five states and one Union Territory will be done on May 19
- What is the loan amount proposed by union government for Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore?
Answer: A) 1000 crores
Explanation : Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore (FACT), a Central Public Sector Undertaking in Kochi signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with the Union Government to get a loan of Rs.1000 crores
- Which state has become the seventh state in the country to join the UDAY scheme?
Answer: c) Punjab
Explanation: Punjab has become the seventh state to join the UDAY scheme. Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) is the financial package and the turnaround and revival package for electricity distribution companies of India (DISCOMs) initiated by the Government of India.
- BHEL has proposed to set up its Supercritical thermal plant in which of the following states?
Answer: A) Karnataka
Explanation: BHEL has announced to commission a 700 MW Supercritical thermal unit at Bellary Thermal Power Project in Karnataka
- The traditional spring festival Chapchar Kut is celebrated in which of the North-eastern states?
Answer: B) Mizoram
Explanation: The traditional Spring Festival of Mizoram, Chapchar Kut, was celebrated across the state and Mizo inhabited parts of the neighbouring states on March 5, 2016.
- Which is the most trusted online shopping brand according to the survey of Brand Trust Report India Study 2016?
Explanation: World largest E-commerce player Amazon has emerged as a most trusted online Brand in Indian market followed by India based Snapdeal and Flipkart.
- Stevie Wonder who was awarded the global Green Hero award at the 13th Annual Global green USA pre Oscar party is a?
Answer: c) Singer
Explanation: American Musician Little Stevie Wonder was honoured with Global Green Hero award at the 13th Annual Global green USA pre-Oscar party
- Justice Ajit Singh has been sworn in as the Chief Justice of?
A.Delhi High court
B.Punjab High court
C.Mumbai High court
D.Guwahati High court
Answer: D) Guwahati High court
Explanation: Justice Ajit Singh was sworn in as chief justice of the Guwahati High Court, the Oath of the Justice was administrated by Assam Governor Padmanaba Balakrishna Acharya
- Who launched the first edition of e-newsletter of Textiles?
D.Santhosh Kumar Gangwar
Answer : D) Santhosh Kumar Gangwar
Explanation: Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar the Union Textiles Minister launched the first edition of the e-newsletter of the Ministry of Textiles. The newsletter will share important news on the functioning of the Ministry and on the developments in the textiles sector.
- The veteran political leader Ashok Ghosh who passed away belongs to which political front?
A.Bharatiya Janata Party
C.All Indian Forward Bloc
D.Communist Party of India
Answer : c) All Indian Forward Bloc
Explanation: 93 years old, All India Forward Bloc Leader, Ashok Ghosh passed away at Kolkata. Forward Bloc was founded by Subhash Chandra Bose in 1939. Ashok Ghosh joined Forward Bloc in 1941. He remained its Secretary since 1951 until death
- Who is appointed as the Interim General Secretary of UEFA?
D.Ali bin Hussein
Answer: B) Theodore Theodoridis
Explanation: Union of European Football Associations named Theodore Theodoridis as interim general secretary, this decision is taken at the Executive committee meeting at their headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland
- Which Spanish football team recently created the Unbeaten 35 games record?
Answer: a) Barcelona
Explanation: Lionel Messi hat-trick steered FC Barcelona to unbeaten 35 game record, became the first Spanish club to play 35 consecutive matches without loss.