Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which Union Ministry launched innovative entrepreneurship and skill development programme of MANAS through leading national and international experts in different skill sets on 29 March 2016?
a) Union Home Affairs Ministry
b) Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry
c) Union Minority Affairs Ministry
d) Union Finance MinistryAnswer: c) Union Minority Affairs Ministry
Explanation: Minority Affairs Minister Najma Heptulla Launched Innovative Entrepreneurship & Skill Development Programme of MANAS through Renowned Experts in Different Skill Sets that is the desire and striving for excellence in any field of activity
- Arun Jaitley has launched the ‘Make in India’ campaign in which country?
d) AustraliaAnswer: d) Australia
Explanation: Finance minister Arun Jaitley who is in Sydney for two days has launched the ‘Make in India’conference in Sydney
- What is the name of the series of animated film launched by UNICEF in March 2016 to help frame positive perceptions towards the tens of millions of children on the move globally?
a) Rainbow Ruby
b) Unfairy Tales
c) Fairy Tales
d) Rainbow TalesAnswer: b) Unfairy Tales
Explanation: The UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) launched a series of animated films-Unfairy Tales to help frame positive insights toward the tens of millions of children and young people on the move worldwide.
- RBI has entered into Currency swap agreement with which of the following
Banks of Srilanka?
a) Central Bank of Srilanka
b) Bank of Ceylon
c) Union bank of Colombo
d) Commercial bank of Ceylon PLCAnswer: a) Central Bank of Srilanka
Explanation: Reserve Bank of India Currency swaps agreement with the Central Bank of Sri Lanka the pact would allow its Sri Lankan counterpart to draw up to $700 million over a maximum period of three months under a new special currency swap agreement signed by the two central banks.
- Asian Development Bank has reduced the GDP forecast for Asia to?
d) 4.5%Answer: a) 5.7%
Explanation: The Asian Development Bank headquartered at Manila, has brought down the forecast of growth of Asia to 5.7% for the financial year 2016-17.
- The CBDT has signed how many advanced pricing agreements?
d) 13Answer: b) 11
Explanation: The Central Board of Direct Taxes department has signed 11 Advance Pricing Agreements with taxpayers overseas to reduce litigations.
- European Investment Bank (EIB) on 30 March 2016 announced that it will invest 33 billion rupees (450 million Euros) in India for?
a) For Bullet train corridor for Mumbai and Ahmedabad
b) For first metro line in Lucknow
c) For construction of Andhra Pradesh Capital, Amravati
d) For Namami Ganga programmeAnswer: b) For First metro line in Lucknow
Explanation: The European Union’s official bank European Investment Bank will Provide loan to Lucknow Metro Project of €450 million (about Rs. 3,300 crore) towards constructing a 23-km long rail line and a purchasing a fleet of new trains.
- Which institution on 29 March 2016 notified Guidelines for 100% percent FDI in Business to Business e-commerce?
a) Reserve Bank of India
b) Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion
c) Ministry of Finance
d) Securities and Exchange Board of IndiaAnswer: b) Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion
Explanation: DIPP has given its nod for 100% FDI in e-commerce through automatic route in marketplace model of retailing. This is not applicable to the inventory based model of e-commerce.
- RBI has cancelled the registration of how many NBFC’s on 29th March, 2016?
d) 28Answer: b) 22
Explanation: RBI has cancelled the certificate of registration of 22 NBFC’s. Earlier, in the month beginning 6 more NBFC’s licenses were cancelled Due to the cancellation, the firms cannot enter into the financing business.
- Reliance Defence has signed deal with Rafael defence which belongs to ?
d) Saudi ArabiaAnswer: b) Israel
Explanation: Mukhesh Ambani owned Reliance defence has entered into a deal with Israeli based Rafael defence to manufacture air to air missile systems, air defence and observatory balloons.
- Which of the two Indian states top the export contributing to 46% of the total exports of India?
a) Haryana & Madhya Pradesh
b) Gujarat & Maharashtra
c) Odisha & Himachal Pradesh
d) Kerala & Andhra PradeshAnswer: b) Gujarat & Maharashtra
Explanation: The industrial body ASSOCHAM in one of its recent study revealed that Gujarat and Maharashtra contribute nearly 46% of the Indian exports occupying the topmost place.
- Which Japanese system Integration Company on 28 March 2016 announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Dell Services?
b) NTT Data
c) TTN Data
d) Nippon TelegraphAnswer: b) NTT Data
Explanation: Japan based NTT has acquired the IT arm of PC manufacturer Dell. The deal is valued at $ 3 billion. Dell has been debt ridden due to the acquisition of data storage provider for $ 67 billion.
- The analysis by Symantec has placed India at what place in terms of Trojan Infections?
d) SeventhAnswer: b) Third
Explanation: The Internet which has been ruling the world has also left the possible risk of security like Virus infections and hacking risks. It is unfortunate to know that India has been globally placed at third rank in terms of Trojan infections. The analysis was made by Symantec, a global security solutions firm.
- A report by FICCI-KPMG has predicted the growth of Media & entertainment industry to 2.26 lakh crores by?
d) 2023Answer: c) 2020
Explanation: India’s media and entertainment industry will reach a net worth of 2.20 lakh crores by the year 2020. A report by the FICCI-KPMG had predicted this net worth of the industry.
- Steven Sample who died at 75 was the president of which University?
a) University of Texas
b) Stanford University
c) University of South California
d) University of FloridaAnswer: c) University of South California
Explanation: Steven Browning Sample, who was president of the Columbia based University of Southern California for nearly two decades during which the school rose to international prominence has passed away. He was 75.