Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Who presented the Delhi state budget for the year 2016-17?
a) Arvind Kejriwal
b) Manish Sisodia
c) Gopal Rai
d) Satyendra Jain
Answer: b) Manish Sisodia
Explanation: The state budget for Delhi was presented.Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia presented a Rs 46,600 crore annual budget for 2016-17, pegging plan outlay at Rs 20,600 crore.
- What is worth of Delhi annual budget 2016-17 that was presented by Delhi government on 28 March 2016?
a) 46600 crore rupees
b) 50000 crore rupees
c) 30630 crore rupees
d) 1 Lakh crore rupees
Answer: a) 46600 crores
Explanation: Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia presented a Rs.46,600 crore annual budget for 2016-17, pegging plan outlay at Rs 20,600 crore.
- BHEL has commissioned its 40 MW hydropower unit in?
b) Himachal Pradesh
c) West Bengal
Answer: c) West Bengal
Explanation: BHEL has commissioned the second 40 MW hydropower generating unit at the Teesta low dam hydro electric project (HEP) stage IV in West Bengal
- Haryana has passed the Jat reservation bill in its assembly. Name the CM of Haryana
a) Harish Rawat
b) Manohar Lal Khattar
c) Laxmikant Parsekar
d) Virabhatra Singh
Answer: b) Manohar Lal Khattar
Explanation: Haryana Cabinet approved the Jat reservation bill to provide reservation to Jats and four other castes in government jobs and educational institutions. The draft was cleared by the cabinet meeting under the chairmanship of Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar.
- Which historic city was recaptured from Islamic State terror group on 26 March 2016 by the Syrian government forces?
a) Der Zor
Answer: c) Palmyra
Explanation: Syrian government forces drove Islamic State out of Palmyra, inflicting what the army called a mortal blow to militants who seized the city last year and dynamited its ancient temples. Palmyra is an ancient Semitic city in present-day Homs Governorate, Syria.
- The World Bank on 27 March 2016 agreed to provide concessional 100 million US dollar loan to Jordan for creating one lakh jobs for?
a) Jordanian and Syrian refugees
b) Lebanese and Syrian refugees
c) Syrian refugees
d) Jordanian and Lebanese refugees
Answer: a) Jordanian and Syrian Refugees
Explanation: Jordan will get a cheap $100 million loan to help create 100,000 jobs for Syrian refugees and its own citizens from world bank.
- The World Bank Board on 25 March 2016 approved a 250 million US dollar Development Policy Loan (DPL) for which state of India to improve the performance of its electricity distribution sector?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: d) Rajasthan
Explanation: The World Bank Board granted Long term Loan of $250 million Development Policy Loan for Rajasthan. This will help the Rajasthan in improving the performance of its electricity distribution sector under the State’s 24×7 Power for All programs associated with state electricity policy.
- Which bank has proposed to setup its incubation centers for startups in Bangalore and Ernakulam?
a) Federal bank
c) BNP Paribas
d) Deutsche Bank
Answer: a) Federal Bank
Explanation: Federal Bank plans to set up incubation centers for startups in Bangalore and Ernakulam. These are expected to offer advice on capital, regulatory support and even disburse funds in the branches.
- Identify the Indian-American who was appointed as the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Bank of the West, a unit of BNP Paribas in March 2016.
a) Vince Chhabria
b) Nandita Bakshi
c) Rakesh K Jain
d) Amitoj Chhabra
Answer: b) Nandita Bakshi
Explanation: Indian-American Nandita Bakshi has been appointed the President and Chief Executive Officer of Bank of the West.
- Which Asian nation has test fired its Barak Missile?
Answer: a) Singapore
Explanation: Singapore Navy (RSN) has successfully test-fired a Barak missile from its Victory-class missile corvette RSS Vigour during Fleet Exercise conducted in the South China Sea.
- India is likely to host the Under 17 FIFA world cup in the year?
Answer: c) 2017
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that India is going to host under-17 FIFA World Cup in 2017 in the 18th edition of his ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme.It is a big chance to present the Indian brand on the global level
- Which state government on 26 March 2016 launched a new scheme, Adapting homes for the differently-abled?
Answer: c) Haryana
Explanation: Haryana launched a new scheme, under which six months’ pension would be given in advance to persons with disabilities for adapting their homes as per their requirement. This amount would be recovered over a period of 42 months under the ‘Adapting homes for the differently-abled’ scheme
- Which state on 27 March 2016 released its sixth Economic Census.
a) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: a) Himachal Pradesh
Explanation: Sixth Economic Census of Himachal Pradesh was released by Pradeep Chauhan, the Economic Advisor of Himachal Government. The survey was started in 2012 and completed in two phases with 8303 enumerators, 3844 supervisors and 175 charge officers covering 24,932 enumeration blocks
- Which film on 28 March 2016 won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film?
b) Baahubali: The Beginning
c) Bajirao Mastani
Answer: b) Baahubali: The Beginning
Explanation: The 63rd National Film Awards were started as an annual incentive by the Government of India to encourage meaningful films. Best Film: ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’.
- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) on 28 March 2016 signed a MoU with which international financial institution to develop solar parks across India?
a) World Bank
b) Asian Development Bank
c) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
d) New Development Bank
Answer: b) Asian Development Bank
Explanation: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on supporting India’s expansion plans for clean energy infrastructure.
- Name the American Franciscan nun and founder of the internationally-broadcast cable television and radio networks Eternal Word Television Network who died on 27 March 2016.
a) Edith Stein
b) Mother Monza
c) Sister Prejean
d) Mother Angelica
Answer: d) Mother Angelica
Explanation: Mother Mary Angelica, a folksy Roman Catholic nun who used a monastery garage to begin a television ministry that grew into a global religious media empire, has died. She was 92.She was the founder of the internationally-broadcast cable television network Eternal Word Television Network.