Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Arogya fair which displays the traditional medicinal system of India like Siddha, Unani, and Ayurveda is a four day event held at?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) HaryanaAnswer: c) Goa
Explanation: In a move to popularize the Indian medicines with special attention to Ayurveda, Arogya fair is a four day programme is beginning today in Goa.
- According to Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal by which year India will become 100% electric vehicle nation?
d) 2027Answer: c) 2030
Explanation: India have decided to provide electricity operated cars at zero down payment making it as a 100% e-vehicle nation by 2030
- Which organization has commissioned their fourth thermal plant of capacity 195 MW in Bihar?
c) GVK Power & Infrastructure Limited
d) GMR Power Corporation LimitedAnswer: a) NTPC
Explanation: The fourth unit of 195 Mw of Muzaffarpur Thermal Power Station (MTPS) was successfully synchronized with the national grid. The plant is owned by KantiBijlee Utpadan Nigam Ltd, a joint venture between NTPC and Bihar State Power Generation Company Ltd
- Indo Tibetan Border Police centre weapon training centre is to be established at?
b) Madhya Pradesh
d) GoaAnswer: b) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Madhya Pradesh is going to have its first Indo Tibetan Border Police weapon training centre at Batiagarh, Damoh. It is going to be established at 1800 acres between Batiagarh and Fatehgarh at a cost of 2100 crores
- Which two nations have emerged as the leading investors in Renewable energy according to UN report?
a) India & China
b) China & Russia
c) India & Brazil
d) Brazil & RussiaAnswer: a) India & China
Explanation: A recent report released by UN reveals that India & China have overtaken the developed economies in terms of investment in Renewable energy
- India has appealed against which country in the WTO verdict of Solar panel?
d) JapanAnswer: b) USA
Explanation: India has decided to appeal against WTO verdict in solar panel case which was in favour of US.
- Rupay has planned to launch credit cards in?
d) AugustAnswer: c) September
Explanation: National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) owned and developed RuPay will be offering the credit card segment this September. It plans to issue 100,000 such cards in the first year of its launch
- Who has been named as the new petronas adviser from April?
a) Abdullah Ahmed Badawi
b) Abdul Rahman
c) Najib Rajak
d) Hussein OnnAnswer: a) Abdullah Ahmed Badawi
Explanation: Former Malaysian PM Abdullah Ahmad Badawi named as an adviser for state oil firm Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas), His appointment is effective April 1
- Who has stepped down as CEO of TATA steel Europe?
a) Hans Fischer
b) Karl Koehler
d) Andrew RobbAnswer: b) Karl Koehler
Explanation: Karl Koehler, chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD) of Tata Steel Europe is stepping down to take up a senior leadership positions, Hans Fischer, currently chief technical officer of Tata Steel Europe, will be appointed as the new CEO
- Yokohama Rubber company has bought which of the following companies for $1.2 billion?
a) Alliance Tire
b) Bridgestone corporations
c) CAMAC tires
d) Carlisle IncAnswer: a) Alliance Tire
Explanation: Tokyo based Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd has agreed to buy Alliance Tire Group, a Netherlands-based company led by Indian entrepreneur Yogesh Mahansaria, for $1.2 billion
- According to the Revised Framework for Revival and Rehabilitation of Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises issued by the RBI, by which date all the banks should implement these guidelines?
a) 30 June 2016
b) 1 April 2016
c) 30 April 2016
d) 31 July 2016Answer: a) 30 June 2016
Explanation: The RBI has been taking various measures to reform the banking sector and bring down the NPA’s. As a part of its efforts, it has revised the Rules for rehabilitation of MSME’s. The framework proposed will be institutionalized by MSME’s before June 30, 2016
- The Prime Minister of this country on 25 March 2016 announced to set up a counter-messaging centre to fight the Islamic State in the cyber world.
c) United Kingdom
d) FranceAnswer: a) Malaysia
Explanation: Prime Minister NajibRazak announced that Malaysia will set up its first counter-messaging centre in a bid to curb the influence of the Islamic State in the cyber world
- Which Nation has set up its first cyber security organization?
d) RussiaAnswer: c) China
Explanation: The Country’s first cyber security public organisation has been launched by China which consists of academic institutes, individuals and internet companies including Tencentand popular internet Security Company Qihu 360.
- As per the E-Waste Management Rules notified on 23 March 2016 by the Union Government, which consumer product was brought under the purview of electronic waste norms for the first time?
b) Air conditioner
d) Compact Fluorescent LampAnswer: d) Compact Fluorescent Lamp
Explanation: Union environment ministry has notified new plastic waste management rules, The Plastic Waste Management (PWM) Rules 2016, issued will replace the Plastic Waste (Management and Handling) Rules 2011.Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL) and other mercury containing lamp were brought under the purview of rules for the first time.
- Former MP Lal Muni Chaubey who passed away recently belongs to which political party?
d) CPIAnswer: a) BJP
Explanation: Veteran BJP leader and Politician Lal Muni Chaubey passed away at the age of 73 owing to prolonged illness.