Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which country will host the 8th BRICS summit?
d) ChinaAnswer: C) India
Explanation: The external affairs ministry has notified that India will host the 8th BRICS Summit from 15 October to 16 October 2016 in Goa.
- The Union government has proposed to increase the wages of NREGS workers by how much percent?
d) 10%Answer: b) 6%
Explanation: The Union government has proposed to hike the wages of NREGS workers by 6%. They have dropped the new wage calculation formula.
- India post has launched the customized stamp of which of the following organization commemorating its platinum jubilee?
a) Tata Motors
b) Mahindra & Mahindra
c) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
d) Reliance IndustriesAnswer: c) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Explanation: India Post has released a customised commemorative stamp on HAL the first time India Post is coming out with customised ‘My Stamp’ and HAL is the first organisation to have it. HAL- Hindustan Aeronautical Limited
- French aviation company has signed a deal with which state to set up an Institute on Aerospace and provide training to atleast 1000 students?
b) Andhra Pradesh
d) Arunachal PradeshAnswer: a) Telengana
Explanation: To provide training to the aviation fraternity and aerospace, the agreement was signed between Telangana industries department principal secretary Arvind Kumar and Aerocampus Aquitaine general manager Jerome Verschave on the sidelines of the ongoing India Aviation 2016.
- NTPC has established a power unit at Nabinagar Thermal powerstation in Bihar.What is its capacity?
a) 300 MW
d) 750 MWAnswer: c) 250 MW
Explanation: Power major NTPC has commissioned a 250 MW Unit-I of its arm at Bihar. The Unit-I of 250 MW of Nabinagar Thermal Power Station of Bhartiya Rail Bijlee Company Ltd (a subsidiary of NTPC) has been commissioned on March 20, 2016
- The Union government has amended the Atal Pension Yojana facilitating the spouse to pay the balance amount on premature death of the subscriber. What is the maximum age limit to join APY?
a) 60 years
b) 55 years
c) 50 years
d) 40 yearsAnswer: d) 40 years
Explanation: Central Government has amended Atal Pension Yojana (APY) to give an option to the spouseto continue to contribute for balance period on premature death of the subscriber. The minimum age of joining APY is 18 yearsand the maximum age is 40 years.
- Which two Indians have placed in the world’s top 30 CEO’s released by Barron?
a) Anand Mahindra & Mukesh Ambani
b) Adithya Puri & Chanda Kochar
c) Vijay Shekhar Sharma & Binny Bansal
d) Adithya Puri & Anand MahindraAnswer: d) Adithya Puri & Anand Mahindra
Explanation: Barron’s top list of CEO’S across the globe finds a place for corporate honchos Anand Mahindra(M&M) and Aditya Puri(HDFC)
- India’s GDP growth has been projected at what percent by ICRA?
d) 7.2%Answer: c) 7.7%
Explanation: India’s GDP growth has been projected at 7.7% in a report released by Rating agency ICRA.The GDP growth for the current fiscal is estimated at 7.6% in current fiscal and it is projected to grow to 7.75% in 2016-17
- Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar has become the shareholder and brand ambassador of which of the following?
d) QualcomAnswer: c) Smartron
Explanation: Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkarhas become a shareholder and brand ambassador of domestic original equipment manufacturer Smartron.
- Paytm has appointed ex-head of Alibaba as its president.Name him
a) Bhusan Patil
b) Vijay Shekhar
c) Rahul Sharma
d) Adithya PuriAnswer: A) Bhusan Patil
Explanation: Mobile Payment and e-commerce site Paytm has appointed Bhusan Patil as its new President. He was the head of Alibaba wholesale groups earlier
- What was the theme of the World Meteorological Day 2016 that was observed across the world on 23 March 2016?
a) Hotter, Drier, Wetter. Face the Future
b) Climate Knowledge for Climate Action
c) Weather and Climate: Engaging Youth
d) Climate Change: Face the FutureAnswer: a) Hotter, Drier, Wetter Face the Future
Explanation: World Meteorological Day is annually held on or around March 23 to remember the World Meteorological Organization’s establishment on that date in 1950The theme of World Meteorological Day is: Hotter, drier, wetter. Face the Future.
- Identify the state that in March 2016 passed a bill specifying that the interest payable on debt shall be calculated at such rate as may be notified by the government.
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil NaduAnswer: b) Punjab
Explanation: The Punjab Assembly has a passed a bill that provides relief to the farmers. The Punjab Settlement of Agricultural Indebtedness Bill, 2016. The bill specifies that the interest payable on debt shall be calculated at such rate as may be notified by the government
- Name the Fast Patrol Vessel that was commissioned on 21 March 2016 in Visakhapatnam.
a) ICGS Samrat
b) ICGS Arnvesh
c) ICGS Samarath
d) ICGS RajdhwajAnswer: b) ICGS Arnvesh
Explanation: Indian Coast Guard’s fast patrol vessel (FPV) Arnvesh ship was commissioned at Visakhapatnam, by the Eastern Naval Command, Vice-Admiral HCS Bisht
- Which Ministry/Organisation on 22 March 2016 launched the Longitudinal Ageing Study in India?
a) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
b) Ministry of Home Affairs
c) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
d) Registrar General of IndiaAnswer: a) Ministry of Health and Family welfare
Explanation: The Union ministry of Health & Welfare have launched a study on Longitudinal Ageing of Indians termed as LASI(Longitudinal Ageing Study in India)
- Who was on 23 March 2016 appointed as the Chairman of the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT)?
a) Justice (retd) Permod Kohli
b) Justice (retd) AP Shah
c) Justice (retd) KG Balakrishnan
d) Justice (retd) HL DattuAnswer : d) Justice( retd) Permod Kohli
Explanation: Permod Kohli named as the Chairman in the Central Administrative Tribunal, Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment. He is a retired Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court