Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Name the badminton player who on 20 March 2016 won the men’s singles title at the 2016 Swiss Open.
a) Marc Zwiebler
b) He Bingjiao
c) HS Prannoy
d) Srikanth Kidambi
Answer : C) HS Prannoy
Explanation: HS Prannoy won the men’s singles title at the 2016 Swiss Open in Basel, Switzerland.He is India’s fourth highest ranked men’s badminton player.
- Which famous fashion designer in March 2016 was appointed as an advisor to the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) for promotion of khadi in India and across the world?
a) Manish Malhotra
b) Manish Arora
c) Anamika Khanna
d) Ritu Beri
Answer: d) Ritu Beri
Explanation: Fashion designer Ritu Beri was appointed advisor to the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) for promotion of khadi in India and across the world
- Identify India’s unique Biosphere Reserve in the Western Ghats that is among 20 new sites added by the UNESCO to its World Network of Biosphere Reserves
a) Agasthyamala Biosphere Reserve
b) Great Nicobar
c) Simlipal Biosphere Reserve
d) Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve
Answer: A) Agasthyamala Biosphere Reserve
Explanation: Agasthyamala– the biosphere reserve shared by Kerala and Tamil Nadu has been placed in the new 20 Biosphere reserves list released by UNESCO.
- AYUSH ministry have entered into agreement with WHO to popularize Ayurvedic medicines. Who is the minister of AYUSH?
a) Arvind Subramaniam
b) J P Nadda
c) Shripad Yesso Naik
d) Nitin Gadkari
Answer: c) Shripad Yesso Naik
Explanation: In a move to popularize the Ayurvedic medicines, AYUSH ministry has roped in with World Health Organisation and signed an MoU. AYUSH minister- Shripad Yesso Naik
- The health ministry recently launched the Bedaquiline drug that is used to treat?
d) Zika virus
Answer: C) Tuberculosis
Explanation: Union Health Minister J P Nadda, launched Bedaquiline new anti-TB drug for Drug Resistant TB as part of the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program (RNTCP) on the eve of World TB Day
- US president Barack Obama made his historic visit to Cuba after 88 years. Name the capital of Cuba
Answer: B) Havana
Explanation: US President, Barack Obama made a historic visit to Cuba which was its rival nation for years. This visit is historic because it is the first visit of a US president in 88 years. Cuba Capital– Havana
- Which country recently lifted its Ban on International Sikh Youth Federation?
Answer: C) UK
Explanation: The British government has lifted the ban on the International Sikh Youth Federation (ISYF) after both houses of the British Parliament supported a motion to drop it from the list of proscribed organisations
- IRDA approved the investment in PSB’s of which insurance company?
a) United India
c) New India Assurance
d) Oriental India Insurance
Answer: B) LIC
Explanation: The regulatory authority of Insurance sector has given its nod to the biggest life insurance company of India- LIC to invest in the Public Sector Banks
- The government has cancelled the recognition of Delhi Stock Exchange. When was it established?
Answer: c) 1947
Explanation: The Government has withdrawn its recognition to DSE following the cancellation of recognition of its activities by SEBI in 2014.DSE’s recognition was cancelled following the serious irregularities in its demutualization functioning. DSE was formed in 1947
- WHO have banned the TB Drug manufactured from which of the Pharma company?
c) Sun pharma
Answer : a) Svitzera
Explanation: After the investigations, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has suspended the approval of tuberculosis (TB) drugs made by India’s Svizera Labs headquartered in Maharashtra.
- Which taxi company has introduced its new service termed ‘Micro’?
c) Meru Cabs
d) Taxi for sure
Answer: b) Ola
Explanation: Taxi app Ola has launched its new service called ‘Micro’ and it expects that ‘Micro’ will alone overtake its rival Uber in terms of a number of rides in a month’s time. Micro has been launched in seven Indian cities – Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Puneand will be launched in other cities as well.
- UN has appointed which animated character as its honorary ambassador for climate change?
a) Donald Duck
b) Mickey Mouse
c) Angry bird
d) Scooby –doo
Answer: c) Angry bird
Explanation: The popular mobile game figure Angry bird-‘Red’ is now to become the honorary ambassador of Climate change announced by the UN
- Which veteran Soccer has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Huawei?
b) Cristiano Ronaldo
c) Lionel Messi
Answer: C) Lionel Messi
Explanation: The world famous soccer, Lionel Messi has been appointed by Huawei as its Global ambassador for its mobile products
- Who has won the Hero Indian title of 2016 golf championship?
a) Anirban Lahiri
b) SSP Chawrasia
c) Arjun Atwal
d) Daniel Chopra
Answer: B) SSP Chawrasia
Explanation: SSP Chawrasia, who remained four-time runners-up, has finally clinched the Hero Indian Open 2016 title at the Delhi Golf Club. He won by 2 strokes with runner ups Anirban Lahiri of India and Jeunghun Wang of Korea
- March 21 is celebrated as International day of Elimination of Racial Discrimination. What is the theme of 2016?
a) Learning from tragedies to combat racial discrimination today
b) Challenges and Achievements of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action
c) The Role of Leaders in Combatting Racism and Racial Discrimination
d) Disqualify Racism
Answer: B) Challenges and Achievements of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action
Explanation: The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed annually on 21 March.2016 Theme: Challenges and Achievements of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action