Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Who topped the Asian Rich List 2016, which was released in March 2016 by the Indian high commissioner to the UK Navtej Sarna?
a) Hinduja Brothers
b) Lakshmi Niwas Mittal
c) Sri Prakash Lohia
d) Lord Swraj Paul
Answer: a) Hinduja Brothers
Explanation: The Hinduja brothers have emerged as the richest Asian-origin entrepreneurs in Britain for the fourth consecutive year with an estimated personal fortune of 16.5 billion pounds
- Name the US Air Force General who in March 2016 was nominated by President Barack Obama to lead the United States Northern Command.
a) Tori Robinson
b) Lori Robinson
c) Jade Mathews
d) Sandra Robinson
Answer: B) Lori Robinson
Explanation: The big boss (USA) has named its first female army combatant commander to be Lori Robinson. The position is one of the most senior in the US military and she was nominated by the President Barack Obama
- PM inaugurated ‘Krishi Unnati Mela’ in New Delhi. It is associated with?
a) Small Industries
d) Weaving and Handlooms
Answer: c) Agriculture
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will tomorrow inaugurate three-day ‘Krishi Unnati Mela’providing information on new farm schemes and technologies that will help farmers double their incomes within the next few years
- Which Indian wrestler won a gold medal in the Asian Olympic Qualification tournament held in Astana, Kazakhstan?
a) Sushil Kumar
b) Gagan Narang
c) Yogeshwar Dutt
d) Sangram Singh
Answer: C) Yogeshwar Dutt
Explanation : Yogeshwar Dutt on Saturday secured an Olympic quota place for India with a gold-medal finish in the men’s 65kg freestyle category in Asian Olympics qualification tournament at Astana.
- FICCI has planned to build 250 toilets in which of the following states?
a) Madhya Pradesh
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: B) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: After a team from Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) visited Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh to identify schools intended for the “Swachh Bharath Swachh Vidyalaya” project, FICCI has decided to fund for the construction of 250 toilets in govt schools in Andhra Pradesh
- EU has struck a deal on migrant crisis to seek a solution for the problem of refugees with which of these nations?
Answer: C) Turkey
Explanation: The EU has struck a deal with Turkey that would allow all refugees and migrants arriving in Europe being sent back across the Aegean Sea
- Which Bank has launched solutions for startups?
c) Axis Bank
d) Yes Bank
Answer: A) HDFC
Explanation: After SBI’s ‘InCube’ and RBL Bank’s ‘India start-up Club’, HDFC Bank has also come up with its solution for startups, called ‘SmartUp’
- Gurmeet Singh who created record by winning gold in Asian Championship won in ?
b) 20 km walking race
d) High jump
Answer: B) 20 Km walking race
Explanation: Gurmeet Singh created history by becoming the first Indian athlete to clinch a gold medal in the Asian 20km race walk championships as he won the men’s event of the season
- ICC suspended bowlers Arafat Sunny and Taskin from playing in international games.They belong to which country?
d) Sri Lanka
Answer: c) Bangladesh
Explanation : The International Cricket Council (ICC) has suspended Bangladesh left-arm spinner Arafat Sunny and pacer Taskin Ahmed from bowling in international cricket
- Which of the states have disbursed 1800 crores under MUDRA Yojana?
Answer: b) Chhattisgarh
Explanation: The Chhattisgarh government has disbursed Rs 1, 821-crore loans to several beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) Yojana (PMMY)
- Frank jr. Sinnatra who passed away is a?
a) TV Anchor
Answer: C) Singer
Explanation: Francis Wayne “Frank” Sinatra known as Frank Sinatra Jr., the son of the legendary entertainer Frank Sinatra died of cardiac arrest. He was 72. He was an American singer, songwriter and conductor
- Name the Indian-origin student who on 17 March 2016 was awarded the inaugural Noor Inayat Khan Prize in London.
a) Barkha Kumar
b) Geetakshi Arora
c) Vimal Khanna
d) Jaydeep Singhal
Answer: B) Geetakshi Arora
Explanation: Geetakshi Arora of SOAS South Asia Institute has won the first Noor Inayat Khan Prize, the Noor Inayat Khan Memorial Trust announced in London.
- Who was appointed as director of Royal Challengers Sports Private Limited following the resignation of Vijay Mallya on 17 March 2016?
a) Siddharth Mallya
b) Russell Adams
c) Sara Mallya
d) Amrit Thomas
Answer: d) Amrit Thomas
Explanation: Vijay Mallya has resigned as Director of Royal Challengers Sports Private Limited (RCSPL). With this, the new chairman of Royal Challenger Bangalore is Amrit Thomas, President and Chief Marketing Officer of United Spirits
- Identify the Formula One driver who in March 2016 won the 2016 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix at Melbourne Grand Prix.
a) Daniel Ricciardo
b) Sebastian Vettel
c) Nico Rosberg
d) Lewis Hamilton
Answer : C) Nico Rosberg
Explanation : The Australian grandprix was won by Nico Rosberg overtaking Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton.
- International Day of Happiness is celebrated on March 20 from the year?
Answer: C) 2013
Explanation: The International Day of Happiness (known as Happiness Day) is celebrated throughout the world on the 20th of March. It was celebrated for the first time in 2013