Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Forbes Magazine released its 30th annual list of the world’s richest people, which of the following Indian topped the list ?
Answer – D.Mukesh Ambani
Explanation – There are 84 Indian billionaires listed in the Forbes annual ranking of the world’s billionaires for 2016, which is topped by Mukesh Ambani with net worth of $20.6B.
- Recently, Indian Army kicked off a week long Multinational Field Training Exercise (FTX) “Force 18” in Pune. The Indian Army contingent is led by which of the following ?
Answer – C.Sophia Qureshi
Explanation – The Indian Army contingent of 40 soldiers is being led by Lt Col Sophia Qureshi, a woman Officer from the Corps of Signals during Multinational Field Training Exercise (FTX) “Force 18”. With this, she becomes the first woman officer to lead an Indian Army training contingent in a large multinational exercise.
- In accordance with the Global Energy Architecture Performance Index Report, which country stood at top ?
Answer – D.Switzerland
Explanation – In accordance with the Global Energy Architecture Performance Index Report compiled by WEF, Switzerland has been ranked at top position while India has been ranked at the 90th place.
- World Bank, GOI and Government of Madhya Pradesh has inked a credit concord of how much worth for MPHEQIP ?
A.US $310 million
B.US $300 million
C.US $380 million
D.US $350 million
Answer – B.US $300 million
Explanation – Washington D.C. headquartered World Bank, Government of India and Government of Madhya Pradesh has inked a credit concord worth of US $300 million for the Madhya Pradesh (MP) Higher Education Quality Improvement Project.
- George Kennedy, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – A.Actor
Explanation – Oscar winning George Kennedy has died at the age of 91 due to old age and some health issues.
- Which of the following won the old medal in men’s 50km race walk event during National Championships ?
Answer – C.Bahadur Rana
Explanation – London Olympian Basant Bahadur Singh Rana clinched the gold medal in men’s 50km race walk event during National Championships.
- Which of the following astronaut returned to earth after spending 340 days in space for NASA ?
Answer – D.Scott Kelly
Explanation – Astronaut Scott Kelly returned to Earth after an unprecedented year in space for Nasa, landing in barren Kazakhstan with a Russian cosmonaut who shared his whole space station journey.
- In a significant attempt towards prevention of cervical cancer, which state govt has launched the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination as a public health programme ?
Answer – B.Delhi
Explanation – In a significant attempt towards prevention of cervical cancer caused by a sexually transmitted infection, the Delhi government has launched the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination as a public health programme, the first by any state.
- Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain took over as the Chief of Staff of which Naval Command ?
A.Western Naval Command
B.Andaman & Nicobar Command
C.Eastern Naval Command
D.Southern Naval Command
Answer – C.Eastern Naval Command
Explanation – Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain ook over as the Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command. He will succeed Vice Admiral Bimal Verma.
- The Windham Campbell Prizes announced this year’s nine prize recipients, who are honored for their literary achievements. Which of the following Indian conferred with this award ?
Answer – D.Jerry Pinto
Explanation – The Windham-Campbell Prizes at Yale University announced this year’s nine prize recipients, who are honored for their literary achievements or their potential. Jerry Pinto from India selected for this award. The winners will each receive $150,000 to support their work.
- Which of the following has been conferred with an award for his efforts in science and technology communication on television ?
Answer – B.Pallava Bagla
Explanation – Noted science journalist Pallava Bagla, conferred with an award for his efforts in science and technology communication on television.
- Microsoft Corp will collaborate with which IT giant to deploy advanced analytics solutions to support healthcare organisations ?
Answer – C.Infosys
Explanation – IT major Infosys announced its collaboration with Microsoft Corp to deploy advanced analytics solutions to support healthcare organisations in their digital transformation.
- Recently, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has revised its norms on capital recognition. In this regard, now the central has made available how much additional worth to Indian banks ?
Answer – D.Rs.40,000 crore
Explanation – The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) revised norms on capital recognition, making available an additional Rs.40,000 crore to Indian banks. In the recent budget, Arun Jaitley also announced the apital infusion of Rs. 25,000 crore in PSBs this fiscal.
- In which of the following Indian city self-cleaning public eToilets have been installed ?
Answer – B.Chennai
Explanation – In a first of its kind project in India, over 180 self-cleaning public eToilets have been installed in the southern Indian city of Chennai. Greater Chennai Corporation can use a second app to remotely monitor hygiene levels, usage figures and water availability at each toilet.
- Internet services to every household has been launched by which of the following state govt ?
Answer – D.Tamil Nadu
Explanation – Tamil Nadu government today launched internet services to every household through the state-owned Arasu Cable TV Corporation. Public can get the services of broadband available in various packages, priced between Rs. 299 and Rs. 899 every month.