Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- As per a MoU signed with the Government of Andhra Pradesh in March 2016, in which city Cisco will set up an IoE Innovation Centre to foster regional innovation?
Answer: A) Vishakhapatnam
Explanation: Cisco will set up an Internet of Everything (IoE) Innovation centre in Visakhapatnam to drive regional innovation and will enable partners and start-ups to build solutions around IoE and engage in rapid prototyping
- Which bank in the third week of March 2016 became the first bank to commence the sale of Indian Gold Coin in the domestic market?
a) Punjab and Sind Bank
b) Indian Overseas Bank
c) Bank of India
d) Canara Bank
Answer: b) Indian Overseas Bank
Explanation: Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has become the first bank to commence the sale of Indian Gold Coin (IGC) in the domestic market
- As per the UNESCO eAtlas of Gender Inequality in Education, this many million girls between 6 and 15 age are out of school in the world.
a) 43 million
b) 53 million
c) 63 million
d) 73 million
Answer: C) 63 million
Explanation: As per the UNESCO eAtlas of Gender Inequality in Education, this many million girls between 6 and 15 age are out of school in the world
- Maharashtra Finance Minister on 18 March 2016 presented the Annual State Budget 2016-17 in the state legislature. Who is the finance minister of the state?
a) Diwakar Raote
b) Subhash Desai
c) Sudhir Mungantiwar
d) Eknath Shinde
Answer: c) Sudhir Mungantiwar
Explanation: The Devendra Fadnavis Government presented its State Budget for the year 2016-17. The State Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar presented the budget with an estimated revenue deficit of Rs 3,644 crore
- Who on 18 March 2016 was appointed as the Managing Director of Pfizer India?
a) S Sridhar
b) G Sridhar
c) Vimal Kathuriya
d) Jawahar Nath
Answer: a) S Sridhar
Explanation: Pharmaceutical major Pfizer appointed S Sridhar as its new Managing Director (MD) with immediate effect for a period of five years.
- Identify the state that classified its country liquor as Heritage Spirit of state on 17 March 2016.
Answer: C) Goa
Explanation: Government of Goa has declared Feni, a form of spirit as the heritage spirit of the state. Feni, was the first liquor product in the country which got Geographical Indication (GI) tag in 2000.
- Who was conferred with Skoch Lifetime Achievement Award on 17 March 2016?
a) Venkaiah Naidu
b) Arun Jaitley
c) Narendra Modi
d) LK Adwani
Answer: a) Venkaiah Naidu
Explanation: Union urban Development minister M Venkaiah Naidu was conferred with the Skoch Lifetime Achievement Award at 43rd SKOCH summit held in New Delhi
- Name the Indian city which hosted the first-ever World Sufi Forum, which was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 17 March 2016.
a) New Delhi
Answer: a) New Delhi
Explanation: Giving a boost to the rich Sufi culture in India, Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the first World Sufi Forum in New Delhi
- Which Indian city will join the earth hour forum on March 19?
a) New Delhi
Answer: A) New Delhi
Explanation: March 19 is being observed as the tenth Earth Hour and New Delhi has decided to join the league of over a billion people across six cities worldwide to spread the message of energy conservation
- IAF has planned to conduct the military exercise ‘Iron Fist’ in which state?
c) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: b) Rajasthan
Explanation: Indian Air Force displayed its combat and fire power at Rajasthan’s Pokhran firing range in a day & night demonstration. The event comprised six packages depicting six themes in which more than 180 aircraft, including fighters, transport and helicopters participate
- India has provided a grant of 265 million to set up the memorial of which famous personality in Srilanka?
b) Jawaharlal Nehru
c) APJ Abdul Kalam
D) Rabindranath Tagore
Answer: d) Rabindranath Tagore
Explanation: As a part of the agreement signed during Narendra Modi’s visit to Srilanka, 265 million is given as grant to constitute Rabindranath Tagore’s memorial Auditorium in Srilanka.
- Interest rates of PPF has been slashed from 8.7% to?
Answer: C) 8.1%
Explanation: The government announced that Interest rate on Public Provident Fund (PPF) scheme will be cut to 8.1 per cent for the period April 1 to June 30, from 8.7 per cent.