Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- India have signed social security agreement pact with which of the nations that avoids double taxation of the employees?
D.RussiaAnswer: A) Australia
Explanation: India has signed a pact with Australia under which the employees deputed to Australia from India and vice versa need not make double social security contribution.
- India and china have proposed to cut tariff in goods imports by how much percentage?
D.7%Answer: A) 5%
Explanation: India’s offer to remove 5% of tariff lines under the 16-country Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), China has expressed its willingness to abolish equivalent amount of tariff lines for India in goods imports.
- 600 MW thermal power plant Singareni has been planned to synchronize in April in which state?
D.OdishaAnswer: C) Telengana
Explanation: Telangana will get an additional 1, 200 MW of power from Singareni from May this year. One of the two thermal units (each 600 MW) of Singareni Thermal Power Plants has been trailed and another unit of 600 MW would be synchronized in April this year
- The fifth edition of Indian Aviation show is conducted in which city?
D.New DelhiAnswer: B) Hyderabad
Explanation: President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the 5th edition of the India Aviation 2016 and the five-day biennial aviation show in Hyderabad which is jointly organised by the Union Civil Aviation Ministry and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
- India has been ranked at which place in Happiness Index released by Sustainable Development Solutions Network?
D.81Answer: B) 118
Explanation: The World Happiness report, 2016 released by Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), a global initiative of the United Nations placed India in 118th rank in terms of Happiness Index
- 4th world congress of biosphere reserves which began on March 14 is held at?
D.IstanbulAnswer: b) Lima
Explanation: The 4th World Congress of Biosphere Reserves was inaugurated in Lima, Peru. It is a 3 day event from 14th to 17th March. The event will focus on Sustainable Development Goals and the Post Development agenda of 2015.
- Four Indian oil PSU’s have signed to hold stake in Russian oil fields. Which among the following is not in the list?
B.Bharat petro resources
C.Oil India ltd
D.HPCLAnswer : D) HPCL
Explanation: The national Oil Giants namely ONGC Videsh Ltd, Oil India Ltd, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd and Bharat Petro Resources — and Russia’s Rosneft have signed two separate memorandums of understanding. The sale purchase agreement worth $2 billion to increase India’s participation in the Siberian oil and gas fields. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation is not among the four oil companies.
- Uber has tied up with which bank to provide Instant vehicle financing?
D.ICICIAnswer: A) SBI
Explanation: India’s largest Public Sector lender, SBI ties up with Taxi Aggregator, Uber to provide instant vehicle finance to “driver partners’ on the latter’s platform
- Which company has won the solar energy order of 20 MW from Srilanka ?
A.Gamesa Wind Turbines
D.RGS energyAnswer : a) Gamesa Wind turbines
Explanation : Spain Major Gamesa Wind Turbines has won the solar energy order that is worth of 20MW from LAUGFS Power Ltd in Sri Lanka to provide solar power in Baruthankanda village in Sri Lanka.
- Sir Andrew Wiles who won the 2016 Abel prize belongs to?
D.RussiaAnswer : C) England
Explanation: Sir Andrew wiles, a British mathematician has been awarded the 2016 Abel Prize, regarded as mathematics’ equivalent of the Nobel Prize, for his stunning proof of Fermat’s Last Theorem which baffled the Mathematicians for more than 300years.
- Paralympics game has started in which north eastern state of India?
D.Arunachal PradeshAnswer: d) Arunachal Pradesh
Explanation: The first Paralympics Games in Arunachal Pradesh began at the SangayLhaden Sports Academy Complex, Chimpu, Itanagar began on March 15. The three-day event being organised by the Arunachal Pradesh Paralympics Association (APPA) Scheduled to be held from March 15 to 17.
- Paul Daniels who recently died is a famous?
D.MagicianAnswer: D) Magician
Explanation : Newton Edward Daniels, has died aged 77, after being diagnosed with a brain tumour.Daniels is best known for his BBC TV series The Paul Daniels Magic Show, which ran from 1979 to 1994.He achieved international fame through his television series.
- Name the American actress who was in March 2016 appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador by the UN Population Fund.
D.Sandra BullockAnswer: a) Ashley Judd
Explanation : American actress Ashley Judd has been appointed as their latest Goodwill Ambassador by United Nations.
- Who was in March 2016 appointed as a UNDP Goodwill Ambassador to promote the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda?
D.Leonardo DiCaprioAnswer : a) Michelle Yeoh
Explanation: Malaysian-born action heroine Michelle Yeohhas been appointed as United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Goodwill ambassador. The New ambassador will focus on raising awareness and mobilising support for the recently propelled Sustainable Development Goals.