Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- RUSA scheme implemented for the improvement of quality, equity in higher education was first introduced in?
Answer: b) 2013
Explanation: An initiative to improve the Quality of Higher education in India by implementing RUSA scheme which was started in 2013. RUSA- Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan.
- Constitution Amendment Order bill (Scheduled castes) which allows inclusion, exclusion of certain castes in Northern states was passed. Which is the only state that excludes certain castes from Scheduled Caste category?
Answer: A) Odisha
Explanation: The People’s house passed the Amendment of Constitution (Scheduled Caste) order bill, 2016. The bill seeks to amend the Constitution Scheduled Castes Order 1950. Odisha excluded Barikki and Kummari
- The 31st edition of food & fair festival AAHAR was inaugurated in New Delhi by?
D.Harsimrat Kaur Badal
Answer : D) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
Explanation: The largest fair on Food & Hospitality Sector in India, AAHAR 2016 was inaugurated by Hon. Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Ms. Harsimrat Kaur Badal on March 15, 2016. It is the 31st edition in this series
- How many crores have been disbursed so far under MUDRA Yojana for small & medium enterprises?
A.2 lakh crores
B.1 lakh crore
Answer : B) 1 lakh crore
Explanation : Under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana Loans worth Rs1.09 lakh crore have been sanctioned to small entrepreneurs, loans worth over Rs.1.09 lakh crore were given to over 2.96 crore beneficiaries.
- Centre has allotted 609 crores for upgrading Jails across 8 states under the recommendation of 13th Finance Commission headed by?
Answer : A) T.S.Vijayan
Explanation : The Centre has released 609 crore rupees for upgrading prisons in eight States as recommended by the Thirteenth Finance Commission.13th Finance Commission headed by Vijay Kelkar.
- The centre has given approval to Mega food park to be set up at Khammam district situated in?
Answer: B) Telengana
Explanation: Union Government has given final approval for setting up a Mega Food Park in Khammam District of Telangana to facilitate creation of modern infrastructure for food processing along the value chain from the farm to the market.
- Which state becomes ninth state to join UDAY scheme?
A.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: A) Jammu & Kashmir
Explanation: Jammu and Kashmir Government has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Union Ministry of Power; an overall net benefit of approximately Rs.9800 crore would accrue to the State by opting to participate in UDAY as the ninth state to join the scheme.
- Fourteen Indians have made it to the top 100 Global venture capitalists released by CB insights. Which Indian tops the list?
Answer : B) Sameer Gandhi
Explanation : Of the top 100 Global Venture Capitalists, fourteen Indians have made us proud today as they get themselves on the list.Sameer Gandhi of Accel Partners have topped the list with 25th rank globally.
- Which country first implemented the 2014 protocol of Labour Convention ?
Answer: B) Mauritania
Explanation: Mauritania has ratified the 2014 Protocol to the Forced Labour Convention, 1930, emphasising thereby the global movement against forced labour in all its forms, including human trafficking. The country is among the first to formally implement the 2014 Protocol to the ILO’s Forced Labour Convention
- RBI is likely to pay how many crores as dividend for the fiscal 2016-17?
Answer : A) 57000 Crores
Explanation : The Reserve Bank of India is likely to pay the government Rs 57,000 crore in dividends in the fiscal year 2016-17
- Which bank has launched the contactless mobile pay solution itap?
D.Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer: a) ICICI
Explanation: ICICI Bank, has now launched a new NFC-based mobile payment system enabling contactless transactions via its Pockets app ‘I tap’
- The Union government has imposed anti-dumping duty of 44.7% for?
C.Plastic processing machines
D.Automobile spare parts
Answer: C) Plastic processing machines
Explanation: Union government had imposed anti-dumping duty of up to 44.7 percent on import of plastic-processing machines from Chinese Taipei, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam for five years.
- Who is chosen as Nepal’s first women chief justice?
Answer : C) Sushila Karki
Explanation: Nepal is on a gender equality drive as it chooses its first woman Chief Justice Sushila Karki, the senior most of the judges in the Nepal’s Supreme Court has been nominated for the Chief Justice
- Which tennis player has been suspended from UN goodwill ambassador post after failing the dope test in Australian open?
Answer: a) Maria Sharapova
Explanation: The United Nations formally suspended relationship with Russian Tennis great Maria Sharapova as a goodwill ambassador after she failed a drug test at the Australian Open.
- Who is the author of the book ‘Gandhi: An illustrated Biography’?
Answer: A) Pramod Kapoor
Explanation: An Illustrated Biography: Gandhi was authored by Pramod Kooris a one platform for all those who want to know about the life of the Father of the Nation