Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs March 12 2016
- The Union government has proposed 370 crores for which of the following schemes?
A.Swachh Bharat Khosh
B.Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
C.Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan
D.Deen Dayala Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti YojanaAnswer: a) Swachh Bharat Khosh
Explanation: Narendra Modi’s government launched the Swachh Bharat campaign in October, 2014. As a part of it, the fund for Swachh Bharat Khosh is mobilized with 370 crores by the government.
- India has joined hands with which of the organizations to establish SAARTAC center in New Delhi?
D.NDBAnswer: b) IMF
Explanation: The Union government led by PM Modi has joined hands with IMF to establish a Regional cooperation centre called SAARTAC in the Country’s capital
- India will supply 18 meter gauge diesel locomotives to which of the following nations?
D.BhutanAnswer: B) Myanmar
Explanation: India will supply 18 meter Gauge 1350 HP Diesel Electric Locomotives to Myanmar Railways according to the new MoU signed between India and Myanmar
- Which state will become the eighth state to join UDAY scheme after Punjab?
D.JharkhandAnswer: C) Haryana
Explanation: Seven states have already joined the UDAY (Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana) scheme which is an initiative to clear the debts of the state run power distribution companies. Haryana will become the eighth state to join UDAY.
- Which Nuclear power plant was shut down following a leak in the PHT system?
D.TarapurAnswer: B) Kakrapar
Explanation: A power generation unit at nuclear powered Kakrapar atomic power Plant in Gujarat was shut down after leakage developed of heavy water in Primary Heat Transfer system (PHT)
- Which two Indian cities have been ranked as the cheapest cities to live according to a survey by EIU?
A.Mumbai & Bangalore
B.Bangalore & Chennai
C.Hyderabad & Mumbai
D.Kolkata & MumbaiAnswer: A) Mumbai & Bangalore
Explanation: Mumbai and Bangalore are among the cheapest cities in the world, according to a top London forecast group (EIU). Singapore is ranked as the top most in the world.
- Which government has declared emergency on account of the heavy floods?
D.HungaryAnswer: A) Serbia
Explanation: The Serbian government has proclaimed a state of emergency as heavy rains are causing extensive flooding and might force thousands to leave their homes
- EPFO has proposed to give incentive for their employees at 5-10% as a part of seeding their UAN with KYC for how many year/years?
D.4 yearsAnswer: B) 1 year
Explanation: The Employee Provident Fund Organization as a part of seeding the UAN number with KYC has announced an incentive for the employees who register between January and December 2016 for 1 year
- Which bank has signed pact with Indian-Brazil Commerce for strategic co-operation?
D.HDFC BankAnswer: B) Yes Bank
Explanation: Yes Bank, India’s fifth largest private sector Bank has signed pact with the India Brazil Chamber of Commerce for cooperation in knowledge sharing, consultancy, skill and technology.
- How much amount has been spent by the PSU’s for CSR activities in the year 2014-15?
D.2337 croresAnswer: A) 2447 Crores
Explanation: 116 central public sector enterprises have spent an amount of Rs 2447.59 crores on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities in 2014-15
- Uber has opened its first engineering Hub in which Indian city?
D.MumbaiAnswer : C) Bengaluru
Explanation: The California-based Uber services has opened today its first Asian engineering centre in Bengaluru
- BSNL will offer Video-on-Demand services to its 2 crore customers through which of the following DTH services?
D.VideoconAnswer: A) Tata Sky
Explanation: State Owned BSNL mulling to offer video-on-demand services to their 2 crore customers across India. They have announced partnership with DTH Major Tata Sky to kick-start their operations
- Which nation has roped up with India to launch Fulbright-Kalam Climate fellowship award?
D.JapanAnswer: A) USA
Explanation: The United States-India Educational Foundation formally launched U.S.-India Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship on behalf of both the governments
- Which tourism board has bagged the Golden city Gate award at the travel show in Berlin?
C.Jammu & Kashmir
D.KeralaAnswer : D) Kerala
Explanation: God’s own Country official logoed Kerala Tourism’s campaign on tourism has bagged the ‘Golden City Gate Award’ at the travel trade show ITB in Berlin
- Google’s next upgraded Android system which provides option to toggle between the apps has been named as?
D.Android ‘Z’Answer: B) Android ‘N’
Explanation: Google’s Upgraded OS “Android N” for now, offers a split-screen feature so users can toggle between apps more easily.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification